1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Big Hero 6 cartoon looks more like Tangled: The Series then it does this show in my opinion...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The show will also premiere in India on August 28th. There's a promo for it floating around online (but the version I found has a link to a site that illegally hosts shows, so it shouldn't be posted here). I took some screenshots and edited them to remove the link; they're not too great quality but I think these are some new scenes featuring Rhino, Sandman, possibly Norman Osborn, and a giant dinosaur.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay, so:

- The first pic is a young Doc Ock, Harry, and is that Norman on the far right or the guy next to him? They both seem to have the patented Osborn red hair and corn rows. Also looks like they're all looking at something Spidey is facing off against :ack:.

- I think that's supposed to be Sandgirl. I'm glad they didn't just give her her dad's clothes :p.

- I wonder if that giant dinosaur is related to the Lizard :eek:?

- I know Rhino was probably not going to look like he did in the promotional art, but I wasn't expecting them to make him a mutant rhino man again. He also looks kinda young, so I guess they're de-aging him again :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

I[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] When I say a big hairy monster I was not talking about the Jackal I was talking about Hulk and the werewolves behind him

A better close up of the iron man suit

And black suit Spiderman vs sand girl

Also it looks like Harry will become Hobgoblin

• Like Like x 4
    #184 Spideyfan123, Aug 12, 2017 at 6:49 PM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 7:20 PM
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So looks like Peter will get a rematch with Sandgirl with the Black Suit :cool:.

Hulk looks like Jack Kirby is still drawing him :eek:.

Iron Man looks like some kind of weird amalgamation of different Iron Man armors together :confused:.

That fire sword is definitely very similar to the one sported by the Phil Urich Hobgoblin. I remember when we were theorizing that Harry might eventually become Ultimate Hobgoblin in Ultimate Spider-Man, but it looks they might be doing it here and just lifting Phil Urich's gear (and maybe look) :ack:.

This also gives Norman the opportunity to still be the Green Goblin :evil:.

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It's pretty interesting that the Mechsuit Rhino from the Ultimate comics and ASM 2 still hasn't made its way into animation.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Episode four is "Party Animals".

The mutated Rhino, the giant dinosaur, the three wolf people and presumably a few others are likely some genetic outbreak caused by some villain that's going to be reversed by the end of the episode. (If you close closely in a few of the promos, Rhino and the wolf people are in front of a neon "party" background.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not entirely sure but this might be the design for Blizzard:

There was a scene in one of the promos where Spidey was using that fire sword to fight someone who was throwing icicles at him, so it kind of fits.

As for the guest-stars we know about so far, I'm going to guess the Stark Expo episode will also involve Ghost, and Hulk might help out with that dinosaur.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That's believable. I've never seen the same Blizzard animated design used twice.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I wonder if they're doing a Raft breakout like the beginning of EMH. Blizzard, Absorbing Man and Ghost aren't typical Spiderman villains.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So so far we have Iron Man and Hulk as far as Avenger's appearing in this show is concerned, though I wouldn't be surprised if we see Cap and Thor pop up as well like they did in Ultimate Spider-Man ;).

Although Laura Bailey is in the cast as Gwen so it would probably be easy to include Black Widow if they don't recast the role anytime soon :).

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see a Dr. Strange team-up this season :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure Captain America will make it into the show as well. Thor & Doctor Strange are a little too supernatural for guest-stars on a "back-to-basics" Spidey show but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up eventually. Black Widow & Hawkeye could work in the same episode. It would be cool if they squeezed in Black Panther or Ant-Man & Wasp too, I imagine they are kind of high on their list of guest-stars at the moment.

I seem to recall they were teasing a possible team-up between Miles Morales, Kamala Khan & Sam Alexander back when USM was still airing; who knows maybe the three will meet on this show.

Not that I mind his absence that much, but I am kind of surprised there's been only one preview of Joe Quesada.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

They did? I'd really like to see that in Avengers Assemble. There's something about the three of them as a team that just appeals to me.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Saturday's premiere and hoping for a good outcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #193 Rick Jones, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:12 PM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 6:02 PM
  14. Mr.O

Mr.O Member

He looks like a gargoyle in that pic.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think we'll probably get a few episodes that see Spidey out-of-his element, and those usually fall under Dr. Strange adventures ;).

And if we get Iron Man, Hulk, and maybe even Cap, I'd be surprised if Thor doesn't make an appearance as well (especially since the Origin Shorts already brought up Asgardians) :).

I think the only New Avenger I would really be interested in seeing pop up here is Black Panther, because he's awesome, and Ant-Man because of Josh Keaton. But in general I don't want to see them overdo it on the Avenger team-ups/appearances because we'll already be seeing a bunch of other Spider-heroes show up :eek:.
    I'm not sure if this would be the place for that since it's a very Miles-centric thing and they would have to re-introduce Ms. Marvel and Nova here on-top of all the other characters :ack:.

I think it's more likely to happen on Assemble where Kamala's a main cast member and there's still some semblance of "continuity" (or whatever counts for it in Marvel cartoons).

I hope if Nova does appear in another cartoon that he's written more in-line with his characterization in Guardians of the Galaxy :sweat:.

More then enough if you ask me :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 4
  16. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 5
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That's a very kinetic promo. I prefer that to the jokey ones like the first one from XD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

New video featurette with all the voice actors including a familiar voice as Norman

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    Edit: Includes Miles first appearance in his costume

• Like Like x 5
  20. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Josh Keaton as Norman Osborn?! That is both ironic, and an interesting out of the box casting decision.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1