1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think June or July are more likely then May since it'll be closer to Homecoming's release.

And at the rate they're moving through Guardians episodes, they might either close out season 2 or have it go on break so they can promote and build-up to the new Spider-Man cartoon. Then I imagine Secret Wars will come in right beside it later on.

2. Arquebus

Arquebus New Member

According to IMDb the show will air on 4 May

That's what I found. Though, I don't think that's true. Like RoyalRubble said: too soon. (Besides, the show will air in this year's summer. Pretty sure that every summer starts on June 21, so yeah, May's a bit too soon, even though that would've been nice. I actually can't wait to see the first episode.)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be interesting if they did air the premiere as some kind of special in May, though Marvel has still left us in the dark about like 90% of details and have done no promo outside of the initial press release, Disney XD short teaser, and the convention stuff. They would have to be extremely confident about the quality and what kind of word of mouth it could generate, in my humble opinion, if they tried to sneak premiere it on TV so soon.

It does admittedly leave me confused when I see how Disney handles the promo of their recent and upcoming shows and we still don't even know the main VAs for this show yet. We already know who'll lead in Sony's movie and we probably don't see that for another two years.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Must be just some preview. Doubt it's actual show with zero promotion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, if we get a premier in May it would have to be a "preview" for the proper premier sometime later.

Now that I think about it, didn't Guardians get that o_O?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

Yeah I did get my info from IMDB but it is probably just a short to get us excited

• Like Like x 3
  7. KombatMaster94

If it's a preview like they did with Avengers Assemble and Guardians, let me elaborate on the clip I saw at WonderCon. On top of everything else I already mentioned, the clip appeared to be the teaser act for the first episode. I can tell because at the end I saw an opening similar to the recent shows, but with the new show's logo in a white background and Spider-Man swinging around the title (the animation on him looked good).

I did a comparison between this and the first episode teaser acts of Spectacular and Ultimate and I can tell you that the clip I saw, presuming it was the first episode's teaser, was more like that of Spectacular than Ultimate. None of Ultimate's humor was present.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I was going to complain but it's nice that it's at least a little different. Maybe the next Marvel show will be that much closer to having a cool intro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, disappointed as I am by the fact that we're getting another intro that just amounts to a title card, it's nice to know that there's at least something unique and cool in there :).

I still miss proper theme songs and intro's for Marvel cartoons :(.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know, IMDb doesn't always have correct information (though in my experience it is a more reliable source than Wikipedia) and I find it weird it's the only place that lists May 4th for the show's premiere. It just seems like a pretty random date to me - it falls on a Thursday and in more recent years it's usually a Star Wars holiday. Going by the calendar on the Disney press site (you'd have to set the date, I can't seem to link directly to it) they will be airing mostly Star Wars stuff that day. There may be a chance the schedule isn't updated yet, but I doubt it, since there are less than 3 weeks until May 4th.

There might be some kind of preview that day - as in, actual promotions for the show or debuting clips from it, but I don't think they'll air a full episode. My guess is the show will premiere in July, but we'll see how it goes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Maybe a new promo/sneak peek will be tied to a Star Wars premiere?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I have a gut feeling that we may get a trailer by May.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

I am hoping that we get something in May if you can't tell Spiderman is my favorite superhero. Also we know who is playing Max Modell

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I feel like I've seen the Max Modell name mentioned a lot but I have no idea who he is or how significant he is. I'm really out of the loop on current Spidey stuff (anything post Brand New Day) .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have a feeling show will catch you up on some of the stuff and characters you'd missed since then ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

Does anybody know if we would have a deadpool moment in the show also is there any dark moments in the comics that they,will adapt to the show

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I really hope we're done with fourth-wall breaking moments with this show :sweat:.

I don't imagine this cartoon will be any darker then the other Marvel cartoons or USM. I'm not sure what dark elemetns they could mine from Dan Slott's run, it would probably depend on how much they draw from it and how much fidelity they want to pay to the comics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If they want this to be different from USM, they shouldn't add any scenes with Spidey talking to the audience. Some were fun but for the most part they fell kind of flat, pointless (there wasn't really any need to explain to the viewers what is happening or who a certain character is) and kind of took you out of the action on some occasions.

As for any "dark moments" there might be, there's still a lot we don't know about the show so I'm not sure what to expect.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I read a post online about the footage. Fourth-wall breaking is not in the show. It's like what KombatMaster said

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

Thank god because it always made him feel like deadpool.How will they do the Superior arc with the whole death of Peter Parker

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.