1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Most Wanted (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

MARVEL'S MOST WANTED
    [​IMG]

Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of "Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," are two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune, a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.​

ABC has made a pilot order for "Marvel's Most Wanted" starring Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird) and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.It will be a new take on the prior pitch, still focusing on the same duo and their continuing adventures. Sources claim the potential new series would be launched as a backdoor pilot in the upcoming third season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The producers, if picked up, would be executive producer Jeffrey Bell, writer Paul Zbyszewski, and Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb.

Cast: Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood, Delroy Lindo, Oded Fehr, Fernanda Andrade
    Links: EW 4/9/15, Deadline 4/20, Deadline 5/7, Variety 5/12, IBT 6/7, E!Online 6/20, THR 8/20, DL 1/10/16, CBR 1/26, Deadline 2/22, EW 3/23, EW 3/23, SpoilerTV 3/23, TVLine 3/25, CBR 4/22, THR 5/3, CB 5/12, CBR 8/5,

I like the idea of this title if I'm guessing correctly -- they go off on their own deep cover mission that takes them on the road hunting down the worst of the worst on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar that they can't deal with because of Inhumans and HYDRA taking up their time or political red tape (and they bend the rules to go after targets). Great way to expand on the MCU and more new characters. Maybe even get back to those Fridge escapees and everyone else that escaped during TWS.

#1 Yojimbo, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I didn't think they were going to go through with this pilot. It was previously squashed cause they realized Bobbi and Lance were a reason that people are still watching SHIELD. Maybe it will just be an event miniseries that can take place during SHIELD's winter hiatus (akin to Agent Carter being a fill-in show) so both can return to the main show once finished.

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Based off the name I imagine The Punisher could eventually show up.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm fine with a short order mini-series like Agent Carter. Prefer actually if it gets a full order.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And here I was already looking forward to having Lance and Bobbi stick around on Agents of SHIELD after the last rumored pilot turned out to be nothing...well, still cool to see them getting their own series, however long it lasts :).

So, once again, Hawkeye and Mockingbird just without Hawkeye :p.

The actual title is interesting, and I agree with Yojimbo that I hope this deals more in-depth with the Fridge escapees :cool:.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

He's a happily married man. I haven't looked into it, but I wonder how comic book fans feel they made Hawkeye married with children and Mockingbird is around in the MCU. I mean I'm sure it's possible Mockingbird could still be an old flame of Hawkeye from before he got hitched but in the back of my mind, I am a little curious how much discussion there was between AOS and AOU camps about these two.

Put in a John Walsh cameo and I'm sold. ;)

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably none. From what little we know, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of interplay or communication between the movie and TV side as far as what they do or character-wise. Both seem to be content with sticking to their little corners without heavy interaction between them, so you can have a situation where Coulson's alive in the TV-side but the movie-side is fine with just leaving him dead and not addressing whether The Avengers know or not.

I'm sure the idea of crossing over Mockingbird into the Avengers and having her meet Hawkeye, or vice-versa with Clint on Agents of SHIELD, was a cool potential idea that the producers were likely musing on. Even Adrianne Palicki was enthusiastic about the possibility of it happening. But by the time they were in production that probably wasn't something that could feasibly happen for a variety of reasons, be it Renner likely being unavailable for an appearance on a TV show, or no desire on the part of the movie-side to bring in Bobbi, or what have you. Even Loeb said that the Netflix heroes have to "earn" appearing in the movies, which I imagine extends to the TV show casts as well.

Black Widow and Daredevil are a cool couple as well, but the likelihood of seeing that ever referenced in the MCU or Scarlet Johansson stopping by Hell's Kitchen to interact with Matt or vice-versa is also probably just as unlikely to happen.

Though, yeah, it's probably a moot point considering Clint's current marital status in the MCU. And Laura's pretty cool, so I'm pretty much content there, much though I would've loved to see Mockingbird and Hawkeye together in live-action and see their relationship referenced in some way :).

Though it does make one wonder whether Whedon may have wanted to use Bobbi in that situation but couldn't because of her involvement with AoS season 2, or if he just wanted to put Clint in that kind of situation and didn't really care about Hawkeye's comic relationships?

Ironically, it's recently been revealed that there's going to be a new version of Lance Hunter introduced into the comic continuity in a Mockingbird one-shot based on the show version. So now comic Bobbi has two ex-husbands :p.

Maybe Walsh did some work with SHIELD back in the day ;)?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I don't see much point to this show unless it's an occasional team-up series with different characters working with Bobbi and Hunter as they take on various small-time baddies within the MCU. Jeremy Renner has already stated interest in appearing in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Why not here? http://comicbook.com/2015/08/23/jeremey-renner-would-love-to-do-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-but-hasnt-/

Since the show is titled Marvel's Most Wanted, what are Mockingbird and Lance's roles as characters? Lead protagonists or main characters? This could be a potentially awesome show, but I'm waiting to hear more information.

9. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Major changes will be needed to make the show worth watching. Lance is entirely unlikeable and Mockingbird is painfully boring in this show. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season two sucked big time. Improvement is needed on every front - casting, writing and visually, the show is bland. Phil Coulson deserves better, he was an interesting character before this show.

I would much rather have had a full season order of Agent Carter and this as a mini series.

10. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Cloak and Dagger? Moon Knight? She-Hulk? Thunderbolts? Nah, we get the amazing adventures of Lance, the guy who's not even a real Marvel superhero!

Also, let's keep mining this SHIELD/Hydra corner of the Marvel Universe for all it's worth...

Having said all that, I suspect I'll give it a look...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cloak and Dagger was considered at one point. Hopefully they'll get a shot since Jessica Jones was in a similar situation.

To be fair, the movies are, too. Who was in Age of Ultron? Ant-Man? Going to be in Civil War? I agree there needs to be some new blood and maybe that's in part why Daredevil was such a success. And maybe how this Most Wanted can be -- character driven instead of big plot heavy stuff like HYDRA and the Inhumans. Let Most Wanted be driven by these new villains being hunted down - flesh them out, make them three dimensional, tragic figures but still choosing to go bad - and not kill them so they can appear all over TV and film -- rather than focusing too much on Lance and Mockingbird (kind of taking a page from B:TAS).

12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I think your first paragraph takes are pretty unpopular.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It makes you wonder which villains, or "most wanted," they would be allowed to use...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder, as well. In the most pessimistic scenario, with the consideration of all the movies and TV shows being made and planned -- it could be a stifling experience trying to get name characters. A lot of "no" and teeth gnashing. But if it forces them to go to the A, B, C, and D lists - so be it. I just don't care for them making up too many brand new characters that have the DNA of a name character in the comics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

I wonder if the goal here is to emulate CW's success with their multiply show universe? That and maybe they want "Most Wanted" to be what they said AoS was originally going to be, a show just about normal SHIELD agents? I mean, AoS is totally turning into a superhero show and who knows how much screen time a bunch of "normies" like Hunter and Bobbi will get with Clousons Secret Warriors running around? I mean, a lot of the reason Arrow and Flash work so well is because of how diametrical different both of the shows are. I mean, they did say Agent May could be leaving SHIELD, maybe she goes with them? Who knows?

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A part of me would love seeing the classic Thunderbolts on the run in their villain persona's (Screaming Mimi, Moonstone, etc.), but if they showed up in this I would then assume there would be no plans for them in the movies :(.

There are still a few Iron Man villains Tony never fought for them to use, so unless we get a new Iron Man or Rhodey gets his own solo movie, this might be the best place for them to pop up :).

Heck, the Serpent Society turned out to be a bust for Cap 3, so why not use them? Have Bobbi and Lance trade fighting one snake-themed villain organization for another :p.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

For whatever reason, Variety got Paul Lee to again confirm Most Wanted was picked up for a pilot. Deadline also had a bit more, Lee said they will make the pilot in the next few months and said 'it's a really good script.'

I guess it makes sense they want to trim the main cast in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. now that the Secret Warriors is starting to form. I figured Bobbi and Hunter would be put on the backburner like a season one or two recurring character and just disappear (like Ian Quinn or Brig. General Talbot) or to just up and kill them off senselessly. But to give them a spin off, I'm still intrigued as I was back in August.

• Like Like x 1
    #17 Yojimbo, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  18. ms78

ms78 Member

I wonder if Caulson will make guest appearances in this since I assume they will just be on different S.H.I.E.L.D. mission then the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think it's a lock he would at least appear in the pilot - to give them the mission and/or symbolically pass the torch to them of being the show leads.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1