1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel uploaded on YouTube a video interview with Fred Tatasciore from NYCC. They talk about the movie a bit, nothing too detailed but still a possible spoiler warning I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  2. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Wow..... Hope they also redesign Strange to look like his MCU counterpart in the TV shows too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm sure this movie was in production before the All-New All-Different Marvel even came out. These projects are worked on months in advance. So they probably didn't know the new Howling Commando comics would be cancelled.

I wonder if we'll see this movie on TV someday. I don't get movies digitally. If it's on Netflix, maybe I can watch it there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked that too, and wondered if that could be a reason they were calling the movie more "mature" than the stuff Marvel has been producing lately.

I still don't really see why it was compared to The Killing Joke, though to be fair I shouldn't judge the movie before seeing it, going just by this short clip. Speaking of which, I think they could have picked a more exciting scene to release.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That makes sense, though it's still kind of odd in hindsight :sweat:.

I'm not sure about it airing on TV, because we still haven't seen Frost Fight on TV either, though I think Wacker said there were plans for the latter to premier on Disney XD at some point. But I also think it's likely this movie will be on Netflix like Frost Fight was :).

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So it sounds like it's pretty much an all-ages movie, with some of the imagery and approach to the themes seeming a little more "mature," and that, while a fun movie, nothing of consequence really happens given it's a one-in-done just featuring these characters.

8. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I want a physical release of this and Frost Fight. My OCD can't stand the fact that I can't put computer data in my DVD collection.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Actually something I just noticed-- Anyone else think Nightmare looks like David Bowie as the Goblin King; while sounding a wee bit like Mark Hamill/Troy Baker's Joker?

BTW, that's Matthew Waterson as Nightmare, not Baker.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Sigh. Sounds disappointing. :(

Welp, I'll be waiting for their next "good" DTV.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Barbossa

Barbossa Member

Did anyone expect more from the current Marvel animation regime?

12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Watching the preview clip with sound on, it really got my interest and felt more like classic Marvel to me than the current product. It's just a tiny clip though so I could be in for a bad surprise if I don't keep my expectations moderate. It still kind of bugs me for whatever reason that Killing Joke would be what they'd compare it to but I guess it was the hot movie of the moment so it's what they figured would perk the most ears up.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.