1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Which begs, why they compared it to TKJ

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Wait and see. We literally haven't seen any footage yet, so it's safe to not jump to conclusions just yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Hulk has completely awkward sex with She-Hulk that reads like its straight from fan fiction and no one will enjoy it?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

So if this is in continuity with the Marvel Animated Universe then what's the point at least DC animated movies are getting made for a demographic that actually has money to pay for them. This probably would be better off going straight to Netflix or Disney XD

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So taking a page from Old Man Logan :p?
    I'd be surprised if this doesn't end up on Netflix like Frost Fight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

On the horizon: Per an announcement put out today, Marvel's Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell will have its world premiere on Sunday morning, October 9 at NY Comic Con.

So far as alleged darkness goes, for what it's worth they've chosen to hype this event as an "exciting, family-friendly premiere". Make of that what you will, although to me that makes comparisons to Killing Joke specious no matter who those are coming from.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Welp, I can't help but be a bit disappointed. Won't judge yet, but if it does have the same feel as the current cartoons...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That's so weird. Why were they trying to make it seem like an adult feature before? Maybe it's just that it's a serious feature and that makes it seem adult to them compared to everything they've done since Ultimate Spider-Man?

I should know better by now to take what they say with a grain of salt and just judge it all on my own viewing

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I think they were just comparing to The Killing Joke in terms of atmosphere and character depth, not adult content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The panel description from ComicBookMovie.com also mentions that Nightmare will be the villain of the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AQVXZ11

AQVXZ11 Member

I don't know...it seems like an outright lie to me. At best, they simply don't know what we fans consider "adult content." If they knew it was going to be more of the same, why even reference KJ at all? Just say they have a new movie that takes place in the same continuity in the shows and leave it at that. Perhaps they are trying to have their cake and eat it too but personally, if this movie presents anything less than the tone all of the DC movies have that will lead me to believe they intentionally mislead us and Marvel Animation will have lost my respect forever.

12. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

FWIW "family friendly" describes pretty much every good Marvel cartoon ever made, and the huge majority of DC ones for that matter. It's the method that matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #52 GWOtaku, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not against family friendly animation at all, I just don't want this to be anything like any of the current Marvel animations. Kid-friendly, that's fine, but I want a new Marvel animation that doesn't talk down to the viewer, add forced humor, or ignore plot for flashy fights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For what it's worth, Wacker has a history of making...exaggerations, when it comes to describing his product, and it wouldn't be the first time he's been hyperbolic to hype something up even if it doesn't really jive with the actual product :shrug:.

Well, at least they're not using Dormammu for the umpteenth time :p.

Hulk vs. Nightmare could lead to some good character exploration and cool fight sequences, if handled well of course :sweat:

15. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

My guess/theory is because they are quite aware of and feel kind of embarrassed about their recent animation offers and all of the negative criticism they have received. They know that they are putting out garbage that talks down to the audience with bad animation and art. So they try to garner some positive buzz/good will and hype among fans by pretending that this movie is more dark and mature when it's most likely not.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or they like to hype things up and exaggerate when promoting their products, or at least have a different definition of a more darker and adult movie then others may have :sweat:.

Given how Marvel Animation has primarily focused their animated endeavors as of late on a younger audience, I would've been genuinely surprised to see them actually make something aimed at adults or an older crowd. Especially if it seemingly looks the same as the normal cartoons :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I think Marvel needs to promote their animated films better. It's very nearly October (the month of release) and no trailer, no promotional images, just a summary...

• Agree Agree x 3
    #57 TheLemsterPju, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  18. Capnumerika

Capnumerika New Member

Marvel has done a poor job of promoting this new Hulk: where monsters dwell movie. There is nothing on IMDb or Wikipedia or the Internet with any details of this movie.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Marvel have done a poor job with promoting any animated movie they make now, 'Cause Marvel Animation's still under Perlmutter's control, Hopefully that'll change one day when he retires and the rest of Marvel would break free of his control and report directly to Horn and Feige instead of Perlmutter.

20. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Seeing how bad most (NOT ALL) of Marvel's recent animated movies and TV series have been, NOT promoting their animated movies with a trailer, images,and a summary MIGHT not be such a bad thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.