1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A new animated feature was announced by Marvel at SDCC. "Marvel's Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell", set to premiere this fall.

Source: Marvel.com news article.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It's nice to see them making use Doctor Strange as it gets closer to the live-action premiere. I wonder if they didn't have faith in him headlining this.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #2 Rick Jones, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

According to OuterPlaces.com,

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh! So is this Marvel diving back into doing more adult or older-oriented animated movies o_O?

Well, if marvel Studios won't do a Hulk movie, Marvel Animation may as well. Granted, this one also has Hulk alongside Dr. Strange and the Howling Commando's, so it's hard to really say it's his film exactly :sweat:.

I imagine Strange is here to promote his new movie coming out soon...

5. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

Marvel needs to do alot more Animated movies like what DC is doing at the moment with their DC Universe Animated Original Movies. All though I doubt Alan Burnett, James Tucker and Bruce Timm will switch from DC to Marvel though

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think in general it would be great to see Marvel Animation achieve the same level of variety that DC Animation has :).

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I really, really don't want to get my hopes up, but a more adult Marvel DTV would be amazing. It's been sooooo long since we got a good Marvel animated feature.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Honestly, I'll take anything to wipe the stain away from Heroes United :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I know, right? That was almost literal bottom of the barrel content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

If they really are aiming for a more adult feature, it will be very welcomed. A supernatural one in time for Halloween will be awesome too.

There's a lot that I hope for but primarily I just hope they continue the almost streak of Hulk headlining the better Marvel animated features.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Oooh interesting! I was thinking it would just be something like the Heroes United or Frost Fight features. Could it be another Madhouse collaboration? I'd be quite satisfied with something akin to Avengers Confidential.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ClodClavo

ClodClavo Member

I imagine they would of mentioned if it was Anime or if they had partnered with another Studio. If I had to guess its produced in-house at Marvel Animation and will be released on digital platforms only. Sounds like a Halloween special so it'll most likely be released mid October. I have a feeling this release will be comparable to Marvels current shows and Frost Fight feature, with a slightly darker tone.

This Sounds like a lot of fun! I look forward to seeing Hulk, Dr. Strange and The Howling Commandos take on some baddies. I wonder who they'll be facing off against? Dracula, Nightmare, Dormammu, Morgan Le Fey are possible. I hoping someone we haven't seen yet in Animation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a Marvel animated movie being less Kiddy than the animated shows on air right now... but more akin to the Killing Joke?! That kind'a worries me.

I don't mind it being PG-13 at most, but part of me hopes there won't be anything too explicit like with the recent DC animated movies since The Dark Knight Returns.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It'll certainly be interesting to see what a animated feature production from Marvel Animation aimed at older audiences is like now compared to their past movies, and particularly DC's own line of animated features aimed at adult fans...

Will it be on the level of, say, Ultimate Avengers or Hulk Vs.? The Marvel Anime's? I also wonder if it's going to be in the same design and animation style as the current show's o_O?

15. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Newsarama says that Marvel staffers are comparing it to The Killing Joke movie, I guess as far as the maturity level is concerned.

If this isn't anime styled, I'm really intrigued to see how current Marvel Animation pulls off something more mature in comparison to their current TV fare but I'm definitely hoping they do at least a passable job. I'm just glad they're doing it in the first place. Before the Marvel Animated Features line came along, animated features were already something I always wanted to see Marvel attempt so I'm always glad to see when they try this and hopefully get better at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

I wonder if this was an extra Agents of Smash script they had laying around? XD. I do hope it sports a different artstyle than the current Marvel cartoons so folks aren't confused and think this is special episode. Also hope to see Ghost Rider and Blade

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm also curious as to whether this is meant to take place in the main cartoon continuity, and if we'll have the traditional VA's back for the cast (Fred Tatasciore as Hulk is practically a given though) o_O?

Though given Frost Fight had a few recasts and was then labeled out of continuity, it's hard to gauge how they'll treat this movie :shrug:.

It would be kind of nice if, given they're aiming for a slightly different audience for this movie, if it allows them to incorporate elements in the story that they generally abstain from in the cartoons. Like, say, more character introspection, deeper or more complex character relationships, or even potentially...romance :D?

Okay, the last one is probably a long shot, especially for this film :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ClodClavo

ClodClavo Member

I definitely did not expect this movie to be mature enough to compare it to The Killing Joke. Now I wonder I wonder if this is Marvel's attempt to rival DC Universe Animated Original Movies. I like the idea of having darker one shot stories separate from other animated projects.

If this is meant for a more mature audience it might be in there best interest to go with a different animation style. I dont think they want their younger audience to think it's a continuation of HATAOS and watching something inappropriate for their age.

I like the idea of Marvel having a variety of projects with different tones and animation. As much as I'm enjoying Marvel's current slate, I miss the more adult themed releases. I'm hoping this movie is a SMASH hit and leads to multiple animated features in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I just hope the art style isn't like Frost Fight, movie was hideous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

New details on Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell including Hulk's hatred of Bruce Banner and a dark, creepy story.

If this movie is as dark and freaky as many have implied, I don't think this is for me. A more mature story is fine to me, but if this is darker than Blade Anime, I'll probably give this a skip. If it's only as mature as X-Men Anime, I could check it out. Plus the term 'dark' might need to be clarified so we can get a better idea of what they mean. So I'm not too sure how I feel at the moment. Everyone asking for a mature story in Marvel Animation, here you go. Your requests have been answered.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.