1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H "The Tale of Hercules" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Rate this episode

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

16.7%
  5. ***

33.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

16.7%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Check out Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. today on DisneyXD!

[​IMG]

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "The Tale of Hercules"

Episode Premiere Date - March 15th, 2015
    The Hulks travel to ancient Greece and team up with Hercules to stop Pluto from turning everyone on Earth to stone.
    Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

This episode proved you can have more material in 21 minutes than just fighting and jokes. Even though there was one joke in this that really made me laugh: (Hulk stating that Charon hits like a freight train.)

Very entertaining episode. :)

#2 TheLemsterPju, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I watched this one for Hercules and Jeff Bennett played him with gusto. Its really weird seeing Hulk as the responsible member of any team. Hercules made a great foil for him, though I really want to see him meet up with Thor and partner up with Amadeus Cho. A-Bomb was much less grating than I remember, so that's another plus. The fight scenes were all over the place. The fight with the harpies was really bland, the second fight with Pluto was bad, but the final confrontation was much better. Pluto was just a generic sorcerer-overlord, not much else to say. I wish his VA had done a little more to convey his contempt for Herc, but the writing didn't give him much to work with. I do like that they used the Roman name to keep things consistent. A decent episode, I hope the Lion of Olympus makes his way to the other Marvel shows.

Jump Cuts: Jarring
    Fight Choreography: Scattershot
    Character Labels: Patronizing
    The Prince of Power: 23
    "Cool story, bro" reference: 12

Final Score: 35/50

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Jeff Bennett actually didn't voice Hercules. It was Townsend Coleman, voice of the Tick and the original Michelangelo from TMNT.

This was another fun classic Marvel team-up episode. Glad we finally got a traditional animated version of Marvel's Hercules. Coleman did a great job, and it did sound like he used a little bit of his Tick characterization for Hercules. He even hit on She-Hulk. I was kind of hoping that She-Hulk would've somehow returned his affection by the end, similar to Fandral in the Asgard team-up episode. Charon actually becoming an ally for Hulk and Hercules was cool.

5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Ugh, I love Coleman, but his voice for Herc... Couldn't they have used his Tick voice?!

Personally, why couldn't they get Travis Willingham, John Dimaggio or even Kevin Michael Richardson? Or shoot, even Patrick Seitz! I mean that guy could do more work in voicing Western Animation.

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Because the producers auditioned Townsend Coleman and probably liked him the best.

7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Even if they chose Coleman, they could have done something better with the character's voice. Hearing that high a voice coming from Marvel's Hercules is like hearing Brent Spiner's Joker all over again.

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was better than the last few episodes, but still nothing special. Hercules was a pretty good guest-star. The fight scenes weren't all that great but I did like how they brought some mythological elements to the story. The Shield of Minerva was a good weapon I guess and a decent way to keep the other Hulks out of the story so that Hulk and Hercules could interact more. The way to defeat Pluto was pretty predictable though. All in all, a pretty good episode.