1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "The Strongest One There Is" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on this "Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

25.0%
  5. ***

25.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

25.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Check out Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.!

[​IMG]

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "The Strongest One There Is"

Episode Premiere Date - February 1st, 2014
    A-Bomb starts to doubt his strength as an Agent of S.M.A.S.H. and must learn to use his other attributes against the incredibly strong Xemnu the Titan, an intergalactic fighting champion, for the fate of Earth.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey, an episode I actually somewhat liked! We got some actual animation for the fights, which I was happy about. Xemnu is somewhat likable, for his character type, and the final scene was funny.

Parts of the climax confused me, though. How did the ice help the Hulks pull the crust back together?

3. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hate not being able to say anything positive about an episode.

I liked the Steampunk-esque nature of Xemnu's probe.

4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't really care for this episode. The idea I guess was decent but I found the episode to be pretty dull. The fight scenes weren't all that entertaining and A-Bomb continues to be pretty annoying. I sort of liked his second mutation look and how they used another rather obscure character from the comics, Xemnu, but other than that not much left to mention. And I thought the beginning, with the Hulks playing "dodge train" or whatever they called it was pretty stupid.

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Like that the Hulks got a new remote hideout in the abandoned train station.

I enjoyed A-Bomb coming up with some new attacks. He's not as strong as the Hulks, but he does have some unique abilities he brings to the table. Enjoyed the stuff with Xemnu basically being an intergalactic pro wrestler. I was especially amused that his title belt was so big and heavy that A-Bomb had trouble lugging it around.

The solution with Hulk repairing the crack in the earth was a bit over the top for me. Specifically, how could you pull a crack in the earth back together with cables on a suspension bridge? Wouldn't those cables get yanked out and destroyed rather than be strong enough to pull the earth back together? Even if that bridge was dug in there nice and tight and deep, one imagines the ends would just collapse before Hulk got that plan to work.

6. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not quite as ridiculous as the Marvel Team-Up when Hercules pulled the island of Manhattan by bridge cable... but hey, comic book physics. Most Hulk stunts are best ignored on that basis, like lifting a car by the bumper - the bumper would break off long before the car got lifted. Just like you don't toss snow onto lava/magma unless you want Hulks scalded by superheated steam )

7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I would assume their bodies are tough enough to withstand the steam, but eh whatever, comic book/superhero show physics.

8. makrolik

makrolik New Member

Wow, lots of head-scratching after this one.

1. So Xenmu allows A-Bomb to speak for the team when A-Bomb accepts his challenge (which interrupted Hulk declining). Yet as soon as he encounters the Hulks, he refuses to fight A-Bomb because he believes him too weak. How does Xenmu accept a challenge from a specific individual, then refuse to fight said individual?

2. So how/from where did Xenmu get his championship belt? Who or what is sanctioning his fights? Is it just all in Xenmu's head? A little more context would have been nice.

3. Xenmu destroys the planets of defeated opponents. Ummm…why?

4. At the end of the episode, they invite Xenmu to play video games and hang out. Awwww….

….um, wait. If Xenmu has destroyed the planets of defeated opponents, then, holy crap, this guy is a mass murderer and great force of destruction. While A-Bomb is distracting him with the video games, I hope Hulk is calling the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. to contain this dangerous threat.

9. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

Has it been established before that A-Bomb is significantly weaker than the other Hulks? Seems like they made it up just for this episode. It didn't make much sense to me why Xemnu would refuse to fight him. While I liked the names the Hulks got, they all fought pretty stupidly. Hulk's moral of there always being someone stronger may've may sense for a Dumber Hulk, but this Hulk should've thought to employ some battle strategy. Silly as it was, I laughed when A-Bomb said if a dumb idea doesn't work, try something dumber. And I kind of like that She-Hulk included Powerman in the list of strong heroes to fight Xemnu along with Thor and Thing. Although at that point, ANY hero would've helped.

All good points, although it would probably waste too much time explaining #2 and #3 is probably to ensure his opponents will be motivated to fight at their strongest.