1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if improving the animation and removing the "confessional" element would've made up for some of the lackluster writing SMASH often had, at least in my personal opinion, but I definitely think it would've improved the show and made it easier to watch :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The best animation in the world wouldn't help the annoying characterization and awful crude humor, but it would have least been nicer to look at, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I just noticed that Season 2 was removed from Netflix. I guess the licensing usage expired.

BTW, this show is getting completely removed from Netflix this month. (I don't know why Marvel doesn't renew the license for their animated shows on Netflix. You would think that would be great for getting an audience considering how digital and streaming are bigger than cable right now...)

To my knowledge, the only things left unresolved or undeveloped were 1.) Skaar's backstory 2.) Betty Ross and 3.) Titania and Absorbing Man's redemption.

Other than that, there's not really much else they could do. Maybe a 60-80 minute animated movie could tie up those lose ends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #463 TheLemsterPju, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I vaguely remember this, but I recall asking Henry Gilroy or one of the other show writers about Skaar when I saw them at an event. I think they view Leader as having created Skaar. I asked Ben Diskin how he views Skaar, and he said he does view his Skaar as Hulk's biological son.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, If Hulk and the Agents Of SMASH does come back one day, They might resolve Skaar's true origins,(Which Hulk considers him a young version of him), Absorbing Man and Titana redeeming themselves and Betty Ross's storyline in the third season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheVileOne

Reporter

I don't see it coming back, but I felt they resolved the main conflicts of the show enough where they left it. At least the show didn't end with the cliffhanger it did on season 1 and they were able to restore their reputations on Earth and get back in the good graces of Vista Verde.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Well, I'm happy with the show ending with 52 episodes, Besides, it's the complete story just like Wacker said.

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd been wishing Marvel used movies to resolve storylines forever but I don't think that's the sort of thing these guys really care about throwing money at. Only we die-hard fans do.

Marvel has a deal with Hulu and has shows and movies on there, though it's lame that it doesn't feature as much stuff as was on Hulu. The most recent series on there might be IMAA and SHSS.

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
    #468 Rick Jones, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. TheVileOne

Reporter

Marvel should set up their own streaming service or something ;) .

• Like Like x 1
  10. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, That would be a great idea!!! And If Disney buys Netflix, Marvel would put all of their content on there along with Pixar, Disney and Lucasfilm.
    Disney buying Netflix could be practical magic | Reuters

11. wickedmountain

They should show reruns on Disney XD .

via tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TheVileOne

Reporter

Yes, I wish we could get a better backlog on Disney XD.

• Like Like x 2