1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm betting it is. After watching the latest clip for the finale, featuring a lot of the past guest stars on the show, and with Abomination being depowered, Leader absorbed by the Supreme Intelligence, and even Absorbing Man and Titania possibly on the road to reforming...it looks like this might be it for SMASH :eek:.

Seriously though, just The Thing and no Fantastic Four :mad:!?

2. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Say whatever you want, but I do love when we have a gathering of heroes. And I really hope the series will get one more season after this.

OK, so, by the look of the preview and the description in Youtube, it seems the Hulk is expulsed from the Supreme Intelligence (it was obvious). And it looks like the Leader, somehow, managed to take over the whole Supreme Intelligence, becoming the "Supreme Leader". And to have a chance against the new Leader and surely the Kree Armada, each of the Agents of SMASH go to look for allies to help them.

My comments:
    + I second it. Just the Thing and no Fantastic Four? I getting really tired of this!!!
    + Since when does Devil Dinosaur have a Jetpack to fly? Does something of his "El Diablo" persona survived after the whole time-travel's arc?
    + And the Howling Commandos, where the webs is Man-Thing?

I suspect there are even more allies coming to this party if every SMASHer went for back-up. Red Hulk brought the "heavy artillery" (Sentient JumpJet, Mainframe and Deathlok), and Skaar brought the monsters (The Howling Commandos, Devil Dinosaur and Groom). Some heroes alsocame by themselves (Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and the Thing). So, about which other heroes could appear here:
    + A-Bomb could surely bring some of the Royal Family of the Inhumans: Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal and LockJaw. I'm not sure about Black Bolt and Medusa, but they could appear too. I suppose they will come through LockJaw's teleportation.
    + She-Hulk could come with the last remaining heroes worthy to appear here: Silver Surfer, Hercules and Wolverine.
    + I would really like they stop doing this and allow the rest of the Fantastic Four to appear.
    + I also believe that the rest of the Avengers should be present, not just the Trinity: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon and possibly, Ant-Man.

Well, opinions?

3. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually wonder if Wacker had any involvement with SMASH season 2, or if he just left it to Dini and Gilroy, considering how little seemed to change between the seasons...

5. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Wouldn't surprise me if SMASH Season 2 was actually completed before Wacker came onboard at Marvel Animation.

6. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I recall Wacker or someone mentioning that the Guardians of the Galaxy animated series will follow the events of the first film in a spiritual sense. Possibly meaning certain moments from the movie either did or didn't occur within the Animated Universe.

Weellll....

#446 TheLemsterPju, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  7. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I thought I saw Ronan in Gamora's little short they had up for a sec, I could be wrong.

Oh man, I hope the villain is someone news like the Spartax.

8. TheLemsterPju

It's worth pointing out that someone asked about the status of this show at SDCC, and I quote from the live feed: "Wacker says Guardians will take the place of that show on the animation schedule."

Cancelled, or long hiatus? It's up to you!

9. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Boy, I can't believe they cancel this show. This was the most similar thing we were going to have to the "Fantastic Four" world until the problem with Fox would be fixed, but they had to ruin it.

I had so much expectations about a potential season 3:
    + Hulk and the Agents of SMASH vs Intelligencia, mainly formed by evil genius humiliated by the Hulks. It would be made basically by the Leader, MODOK, the Red Ghost and, potentially, Dr Doom. (Although the last one could betray them).
    + Speaking of Doom, the Time Travel's arc should have been explored again; mainly the future with the Tomorrow's SMASHers and discover who really were those kids.
    + The Leader becoming his Red Leader's version.
    + Betty Ross becoming the Red She-Hulk. I'm pretty sure she would be the mother of the red Gamma Twins, Betts and Thad.
    + New villains introduced, and following the 4F's tradition, I would bet on the U-Foes.
    + The Gamma Corps also introduced as recurrent enemies/adversaries.
    + More than anything, to discover Skaar's real origins and discover how they adapt the fact that he's Hulk's son.

Well, if this show is really cancelled, which gives me wishes to smash something, then it would have to be explained what happened with the team and the rest of the cast after it. My theories:
    + Hulk kept his intelligence and character from the show in his next appearances in the rest of the animated series.
    + Skaar and A-Bomb should be join SHIELD Academy along with Spider-Man and the rest of the teen heroes.
    + I'm not sure about She-Hulk and Red Hulk, but they could either be reserve members of the Avengers, SHIELD or even teachers in SHIELD Academy.
    + I suppose Devil Dinosaur should return to the Savage Land, because it couldn't stay with the Hulk if they split up. Well, Skaar and A-Bomb could take him to SHIELD Academy, and Devil boy could start a friendship with Ka-Zar and Zabu, as both are from the Savage Land.
    + Somebody should stay in Vista Verde to take care of it. She-Hulk would be the most appropiated one for being responsible, but something tells me Red-Hulk would do it instead. And he would surely stay because he knows the Gamma Base, all the weapons and stuff.
    + I would like to see what happened with Mayor Stan too.
    + "Weed never dies" as we said in my hometown, so it should be explained what happened to Abomination and the Leader after the end. I don't buy the Leader would stay idiot and Abomination would stay human forever.

If they are really going to replace this series, don't you think they should explain these?

10. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

That's a shame. I think it's far better than either Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble, I would much rather either of those two shows were sacraficed to make room for this show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Really? Why? I enjoyed the show because of its characters and just how fun it was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

Thanks God its cancelled...........
    OMG...that was a relief.....

14. TheLemsterPju

I like to think of this show as one big 52-episode story arc. The Hulks and their long journey to acceptance. It was well-structured, fun, and didn't really drag. I'd say that would make it the longest story arc in superhero cartoon history. Beating out Young Justice's ongoing "threat of The Light" arc, spanned out through out the show's run, by a mere 6 episodes.

It wouldn't have to be a sequel series IMO. If the Marvel Animated Universe wants to explore these different plot points later on, with the people in charge in Marvel Animation right now, I'm sure it will happen eventually.

15. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Yeah this show seriously had 52, do you have any idea how many shows deserve just as much if not more then that

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

The show had a good run. It got to explore many corners of the Marvel Universe, and we got to see a lot of fun team-up stories. Plus, we got new animated appearances of Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, and Hercules. I dug all those episodes.

You can't really celebrate the show's cancellation. The show had two seasons and 52 episodes. The show was not one and done. Haters said this show would be cancelled after 13 episodes. They were dead wrong. There were those in the media who unjustly trashed this show and reported fake and falsified stories to slander it. This show pretty much destroyed all that garbage and proof that internet bloggers make up fake stories.

17. TheLemsterPju

Jason Hanks, the storyboard artist for this show, posted these 4 storyboard pictures in a cartoonist Facebook group:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Those storyboards actually look a lot better than the actual episodes and animation did o_O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TheLemsterPju

I've always had this notion: If Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. looked anything like this, was presented like that with no "fast-paced comic panel sliding" stuff going on, and animated like Legend of Korra (instead of 'in-house')....this could have been the best out of the three animated series for a lot of people; maybe even earned it a large cult following.

In all actuality, the writing in this show is far from awful. How it was presented in a visual and pacing sense was more distracting for the genuinely decent parts to be noticed.

#459 TheLemsterPju, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Probably to animate the show like those storyboards would've been far too expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1