1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "Fear Itself" Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Oct 26, 2014.

?

Rate This Episode

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

16.7%
  7. **

33.3%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

16.7%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

There is nothing to fear but...

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "Fear Itself"

Episode Premiere Date - October 26th, 2014
    The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. must face each of their greatest fears in order to stop the Null from crossing through a worm hole to reap ruin upon Earth
    Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

In the episode, I think the Surfer's voice sounds better than in the preview. It kind of reminds me of the FFTAS version.

3. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

How about the action in the episode????

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

This episode had a very interesting premise, with the villain turning the heroes' fear against themselves, but the silly execution wrecked most of it, and Surfer looked so weak, that I had to laugh at times.

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Glad we finally got a Silver Surfer episode for the modern Marvel Animated Universe. I liked his voice. It was a stern, noble and regal sounding voice. Not sure what people think Surfer's voice should sound like.

Of all the obscure Marvel characters to appear in the show, was not expecting Obnoxio, though he was more a manifestation of A-Bomb's fears than an actual character. Null The Living Darkness as the villain for the episode was also cool. I liked Hulk being afraid of his dark savage side. Red Hulk being afraid of being weak made sense. She-Hulk's fear of freezing seemed a little weak to me and not very well developed. Hulk figuring out that Null was beaten by closing the wormhole and turning his back on it instead of continuing to smash it was a good moment. Since the first season, I have enjoyed this characterization of Hulk that is slightly more humble and tempered.

FYI, Brent Spiner voiced Silver Surfer.

6. Captain Travis

Surfer sounded better in the episode than the preview but still not what I expect for Surfer. He almost sounded like the Collector from Disney Infinity.

7. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

Not bad...good for the Hulk stuff, and I kind of like everyone's concern for Jen when she was frozen, particularly Red's. I didn't like Skaar's fear, though. His planet has plenty of hi-tech stuff on it. Silver Surfer was underused.