1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H "Days of Future Smash, Parts 1 - 5" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, May 10, 2015.

?

Rate this story

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

50.0%
  3. ****

50.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Check out Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. today on DisneyXD! The five-part epic begins here!

[​IMG]

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "Days of Future Smash, Part One: The Dino Error"

Episode Premiere Date - May 10th, 2015
    Hulk chases Leader back in time to the Jurassic era, but their actions result in present Earth being taken over by dinosaurs. Hulk battles Leader in the past to save all of time.
    Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Baby Devil Dino is soooo cute! <3

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

It took over 40 episodes, but we finally got an appearance from Moonboy and see him together with Devil Dinosaur. Though they didn't get to do a proper team-up.

Hulk trying to reason with the dinosaurs was goofy but amusing.

I like the idea that Hulk is the one who brought the dinosaurs to the Savage Land.

4. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

I have a few things to comment of this episodes:

+ "J Jonah Jamesaur": Look slike is impossible to have a reality free of any counterpart of Jerk Jonah Jameson.
    + "Spider-Raptor": I have to admit, I didn't see this coming. Could this character be an animated adaptation of the Arachnosaur from the comics? And by the way, I wonder if we will see this character again in a future episode of "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors". It could be an interesting addiction to the Web Warriors. (Let's just hope he won't eat Spider-Ham).
    + "Moon-Boy": Ever since the first appearance of Devil Dinosaur, I was wondering when this guy will debut. Too bad he's just a character from another reality, as I believe it would be interesting to have it in the "mainstream". By the way, compared with the other humans, why is he the only furry one that looks like an ape?
    + "El Diablo": This was cool!! Although I don't get why he picked an spanish name. (And the monocle was really stupid). Have you noticed that, even intelligent, this Devil Dinosaur still had his "dog collar"? A mistake or something else? I think it would be interesting to have an intelligent Devil Dinosaur like this one once this is over.
    + "General Thunder Lizard Rossasaurus": I almost killed myself laughing. Red Hulk said that "General Lizard" was a jerk, and then he realized he's his dinosaur counterpart. I wonder if this have made him seeing the jerk he uses to be.
    + "Baby Devil Dinosaur": Now that was cute, although I expected a better explanation about his "origin" and why is he a red T-Rex.

+ Almost ironic that this adventure ended revealing that Hulk created the Savage Land to save some of the dinosaurs.
    + There's something weird about all this. So, Hulk met Baby Devil Dinosaur back at the end of the Dinosaur Era, and then he met him again in the present as an adult. That would mean that Devil Dinosaur is actually 65 million years old!!! How is this even possible?! Does the Savage Land has somekind of protection against the pass of time?
    + That pterodactyl that tried to stole the Leader's brain power bugged me. Anyone else though that could have been Sauron's previous self?
    + Finally, there's something that doesn't fit right here. The Leader stole Dr Doom's new invention for time travel, after he heard rumors about it. But that doesn't sound right. First of all, Doom always managed to keep his inventions and projects top secret, so his enemies won't have any defense against it once he reveals them. And second, we know that Doom always seems to be one step ahead of his enemies (at least, at first). So, how is it possible that Doom didn't even appear the moment his embassy was attacked? And how is it possible that the Leader and Hulk managed to take the belts just like that? It was too easy! Something tells me that Dr Doom is actually the real mastermind of this arc. He probably let rumors of his invention being spread so the Leader will steal it, and so, he will likely test the functions of his invention without being in danger himself. I wouldn't be surprise if Doom appears at the end of this arc and tries to use the belt himself, now that he knows how to perfect it.

Well, opinions?

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'm thinking that maybe Hulk led those dinosaurs to the Savage Land, and then the aliens experimented on it to that specific portion of land.

6. TheLemsterPju

Didn't Doom stop looking into time travel at the end of "Planet Doom"? So now he's proven its plausible again....and he can pretty much go back in time and erase the Avengers from existence anytime he wants.

Yeah even if the belts are destroyed at the conclusion of this five-parter, it would only delay the process. Doom could still build new models and immediately become the biggest threat to the entire planet.

That's actually nightmarish.

7. Roxas_Sora

You are partially wrong, TheLemsterPju. At the end of "Planet Doom", certainly, Doom stopped his project of the "Time Plataform" after it failed; not knowing that Thor actually sabotaged it. However, in the episode "The Ambassador", Doom said that between his "achievements", he had "unraveled the riddles of time and space". That can clearly means that Doom knows how to travel through time, but he still doesn't have a "safe and suitable" way to do it. His first attempt was clearly the Time Plataform, but thanks to Thor, he though the machine didn't work and forgot about it.

But we all know how incredibly stubborn and superb Doom is, so if he didn't get it the first way, he will keep trying another way after another until success. Don't you remember the episodes about the Serpent and the Destroyer? He tried to turn Asgard's power his own. First, he tried to control the Serpent to conquer the world; but he failed that part, so he got another way with the Destroyer. And after apparently killing Thor, he tried to reclaim Mjolnir as his own. So, the Time Belts must be his new way to try the time travel's ability. And since the Time Plataform exploded in his face thanks to Thor, he probably decided to leave another "inferior being" to test it for him.

I second your idea about Doom will keep trying until he'll get a way to time travel, which it will turn really nightmarish. But that's the reason because Dr Doom in one (if not THE one) of the biggest villains in the whole Marvel Universe.

8. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

Which parts of Days of Future Smash are looking forward to the most??

I'm looking forward to parts 3 and 4 the most because:

From a promo I saw it looks like Thor will be a villain in the altered future created in part 2 of the Days of Future Smash because I saw a clip of him attacking A-Bomb.

I think Ghost Rider is going to appear in episode24 because the episode title is: Spirit of Vengeance.

9. Stu

Part two!

[​IMG]

"Days of Future Smash, Part Two: Smashguard"

Episode Premiere Date - May 17th, 2015

Hulk follows Leader back in time to the Viking era and teams up with young Thor and Loki, while in the future, the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. fight to stop the new "All Father" Leader from taking over the planet"

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

10. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

The info you have for part 2 is wrong, Part 2 is:

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "Days of Future Smash: Part 2 - Smashguard" Hulk follows Leader back in time to the Viking Era and teams up with young Thor and Loki. The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. fight to stop "All Father" Leader from taking over the planet.

The year of the Hydra is part 4 with the release date of : May 24th

11. TheLemsterPju

12. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

13. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

Part 2 aired this morning on Disney XD Part 3 which airs next week is available to watch on Disney XD on Demand.

14. Roxas_Sora

Can somebody please post information about the events of the episode "Smashguard"? This is really weird, but everywhere I try to find info about the episode, I found info about the Dracula episode instead.

15. TheLemsterPju

I couldn't help but make this stupid video after hearing Dracula's horrible death cry at the end of Part 3.

[video=youtube;t5ev1-Nenf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ev1-Nenf4[/video]

EDIT: You might want to turn the sound up. ^^

16. Stu

Check out Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. today on DisneyXD!

[​IMG]

"Days of Future Smash, Part Three: Dracula"

Episode Premiere Date - May 24th, 2015
    Hulk pursues Leader back in time to the Victorian era and unites the earliest forms of the Howling Commandos against Dracula, who wants to shroud the Earth with Leader’s gamma cloud, allowing vampires to prey night AND day

Comments?

17. TheLemsterPju

Clip for Part 4: Year of the Hydra.

[video=youtube;1r2N7_f8yVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r2N7_f8yVw[/video]

If you looking closely at the top of the screen one second in, it looks like the Leader somehow managed to take over Hyrda.

18. Roxas_Sora

Yeah, I noticed the Leader too; but I'm not buying it. I bet Red Skull will appear to retake his role, because you can't defeat one of Marvel's evilest villains so easily.

This old Captain America clearly proves he was never frozen, although I expected the Super-Soldier's serum had helped him to stay a little more "fresh". I guess being in constant war didn't help. You know what? I suspect that if this Captain America was never frozen, Hulk must have been frozen in his place instead.

I suppose Cap will lead somekind of resistance group in this reality, and I can guess some of its members: Falcon, Spider-Man, Nick Fury and Bucky.

19. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Check out Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. today on DisneyXD!

[​IMG]

"Days of Future Smash, Part Four: Year of the Hydra"

Episode Premiere Date - May 31st, 2015
    Chasing Leader through time to WWII, Hulk teams up with Captain America to stop Red Skull from winning the war while, in the present, the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. join veteran rebel Cap in his fight to free the world from HYDRA.

Comments?

20. TheLemsterPju

That was an excellent episode. Loved every minute of it.

No flaws I can think of either.