Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "You're No Good" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 12, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy! Disney XD will premiere two new episodes, back-to-back, today starting at 8:00AM ET!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "You're No Good"
    Episode Debut - November 12th, 2017

Warlock has gone dark! By absorbing J’son into his gem, Warlock has become Dark Warlock with his sights set on conquering the galaxy, starting with Spartax.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Well, Sam Alexander's appearance makes absolutely no sense at all.

The Principle resembles the one from Back to the Future that's about as clever and original as any other Back to the Future reference in which it feels more like a rip-off.

Also seem to have no clue how the Nova Force works, they're kind of writing themselves into a corner by making all of them Nova Primes, pretty ironic the comics just came out with issue with all the Guardians as Novas though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad they didn't downplay how powerful Magus is supposed to be. He was just decimating the Guardians and Spartax, even when the Guardians got their Nova Corps. upgrades. They really established him as a serious and major threat :eek:.

I guess Rocket isn't the only one that can understand Groot. Though I really want to know exactly what he said to make the Believer's so committed :sweat:.

But I love how Peter's idea of a pep talk involves just quoting song titles :anime:.

So, in a roundabout way, Magus still ends up being the Patriarch of the Universal Believers since he's basically a J'son possessed Adam Warlock. How about that :p.

Man, what a change a different take can do. Once upon a time I was dreading another Sam appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man, but now I'm actually happy to see him again :D.

Oh look, tiny Groot. Though at least he's still just a sappling and not just baby Groot. It was also pretty amusing seeing him ride that Nova helmet :rolleyes2:.

Seeing the Guardians become Novas was kind of funny, given they've recently joined the Corps. in the comics, though it was also cool seeing them fly around with Sam and actually give Magus a challenge :cool:.

The team having Cosmo make Sam's principal forget about him being in trouble was neat, though what was Dey doing there? Does he have to be there to supervise something Nova-related :confused:?

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I do like that this season has been giving us more serious cosmic fights. Like Frontier said, they didn't downplay Magus' powers, which was nice.

I know it was implied last week, but yeah. I guess Magus did destroy the Black Order. Shockingly, Thanos may have been a better boss. :p

Maybe small complaint, but the episode should have ended with a cliffhanger; it doesnt flow as well as it should with the start of the next episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that was kind of weird. Like, he used the purple blast that he used on Titus, but Titus turned out to be alive on the High Evolutionary's ship so you'd think the Black Order would probably still be alive in his Soul Gem...

I did like how all the characters kept saying "destroyed" instead of "killed" :p.

Yeah, it's like the episode ends with "hey we beat Magus!" and the next episode begins with "oh hey, we didn't beat Magus" :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy "You're No Good"

Baby Sis! Peter loving his sister will never get old.

If the Guardians need help, Peter's got a guy: Sam. When Sam needs help, Peter's got a guy: Cosmo.

Baby Groot! About time.

I like that Peter is angry that "I am Groot!" is the speech that inspires the Believers.

"I've never been that smart," is NOT the most badass sounding line ever.

"You heard the Starlord!" I see why Peter loves Victoria.

Drax the Destroyer does not enjoy shirts! Nor traveling via magic helmet.

Fun episode. ****.