1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 6, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
    Episode Debut - August 6th, 2017
    Written by - Rich Fogel
    Directed by - Jeff Wamester

Rocket and Warlock travel to Halfworld to try and re-evolve Rocket’s family.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

If they actually got the rights to the Rolling Stones song I'll eat this post.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fin Fang Foom! Wasn't expecting him to come back. I guess even after all the time that's passed he still remembers his less then stellar encounter with the Guardians way back in early season 1 :ack:.

Poor Adam. He's way too nice and optimistic for this show :sweat:.

I can't say I was looking forward to seeing Rocket's family again, because even in their last appearance I found them to be a little more obnoxious then endearing, but I understand the immense emotional meaning they hold for Rocket and appreciated seeing the show once again acknowledge and develop that :).

And it was also pretty sweet to see Rocket's mom, even in her less then evolve state, help Rocket realize that he's never truly alone so long as he has his other family (The Guardians) :anime:.

I just noticed that one of the High-Evolutionary's beasts looks like Bi-Beast fused with a Wendigo :cool:.

So...Adam has just been wandering the universe absorbing bad guys and other threats to the universe? Not that I don't doubt his good intentions or the fact that he's dealing with some pretty bad people, but isn't that also a big violation of stuff like due process or the very idea of justice by just absorbing these people into his gem for eternity? On-top of the fact that traditionally Adam is very wary to absorb anyone into his Soul Gem for fear of losing control o_O.

I wonder, was it just that absorbing Fin Fang Foom was past the limit of Adam's Soul Gem and the natural evil force it could contain, or was it the evil of the High Evolutionary trying to kill Fin Fang Foom that was really breaking him? Either way, it gave us another glimpse into Adam's Magus persona :evil:.

Now we can confirm that Titus and Yondu are still alive, and that Nebula is in the High Evolutionary's custody, and Adam has also added the Blood Brothers and Maximus to the occupants of his Soul Gem. Although were they all still on the HE's ship when it crashed or were at least some of them in the two escape pods :eek:?

Although now that all the villains in Adam's head are gone, he's in a much more stable place. Though somehow I expect the Guardians' future encounter with J'Son will likely push him over the edge :mad:.

Planet Y seems to be shaping up to be the home to all the disparate beings and close family the Guardians encounter on their adventures. The Kylntar, Groot's people, and now Rocket's family. I wonder who'll be next :rolleyes2:?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

A lot better than the first episode (even if Rocket seemed to up his jerk factor several notches). It's fun having Warlock back on the team, although his plan to absorb all evil is...rather risky, as this episode's second half proved.

I was expecting most of these villains to appear again (except maybe Fin Fang Foom), but it was still cool. The scene where Rocket manipulates High Evolutionary was well done.

I liked the ending too. I'm sure that they'll find a way to fix Rocket's family, but for now, it was an emotional ending that didn't force a contrived solution.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. General Mike

General Mike Member

That's the one thing that's probably disappointed me the most about season 2, the fact that they have barely used any licensed music. I'd buy a volume 2 Cosmic mix if they put it out.

As far as the episode goes, I was happy to see Fin Fang Foom again, but I can't say the same about the High Evolutionary and his goons. Felt bad for Rocket, not being able to get his family back, but I hope we don't see it for a long time. Maybe it could be a series finale type scenario for him.

I also thought they were gonna have Adam go full blown Magus, but I guess it's too early in the season for that.[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's probably my biggest disappointment with the series in general, is that they don't use their music near as effectively or as prominently as the movies do, which makes you wonder why they even bothered getting any licensed music to begin with :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Why do so many folks dislike High Evolutionary? He's weird and annoying but that why I like him. Rocket manipulating him was great.

When Quill was slapped by the tail I chuckled.

Good episode all together. I liked the bits of Magus we saw though I don't think we'll ever have a consistent sense of scale in terms of how big the Milano is because it shouldn't be that hard to know someone is missing on a ship that size.

Like everyone else I also had no interest in seeing Rocket's family though the scene of him getting PTSD during the Fing Fang Foom energy draining procedure was surreal.

Guardians are probably the largest villains of the episode, releasing an alien species into a new habitat among Groot's people could have massive ecological ramifications and this invasive species could destroy the environment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was nice revisiting Rocket's family and bringing up his desire to have them evolved again. He was kind of annoying throughout the episode but it wasn't so bad and in a way I can kind of understand what they were going for, with him not believing in hope and stuff like that. And the ending was pretty emotional.

The High Evolutionary's return was handled pretty well, and I liked his interactions with Rocket. It's been a while since we last saw him, so I thought it was kind of cool they brought him back and I am guessing he will still play a role later on the show. Fin Fang Foom was also a nice addition to the story (I admit, I forgot he appeared previously on the show),.

I liked how they even offered some kind of explanation as to what Adam has been up to since he left the Guardians, which was neat. And it was great seeing him showing some more signs of turning into Magus, which will most likely happen by the end of the season. But I could be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Rule of of law is so weak in this universe it hardly matters. The only galactic powers interested in upholding it are the Nova Corps and the Asgardians and their reach is tenuous at best. If there was a credible Federation or Old Republic, there might be an issue.

It feels like Planet Y is replacing Knowhere as the show's hubworld. Reminds me of Mario's Faceship.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1