1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Won't Get Fooled Again" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 2, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 8:00AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Episode Debut - October 2nd, 2016
    Directed by: James Yang
    Written by: Henry Gilroy

The Guardians discover that Yondu has been impersonating them in order to con unsuspecting victims.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was nice to be able to watch Guardians again after such a long absence, and with a pretty fun episode to boot with some solid action and humor :).

Did anyone else think the animation for this episode looked really good, better then even your average Guardians episode? It almost seemed to be Film Roman level of quality, rather then the sometimes okay animation of season 1 in general. The character movements and designs all looked fairly good and fluid, even during action sequences, and fairly high quality. It would be nice if season 2 could maintain this level of quality in the future :cool:.

I guess this is probably the closest Guardians could get to a Halloween episode, what with being in space and all, through Quill's "Trick or Treat" plan and the Guardians facing off against a giant monster. Which I guess explains why they apparently held off on airing this episode for so long, even if it's probably the barest bones connection to the actual holiday :sweat:.

The episode was fairly standalone, without any mention of the Cosmic Seed or Earth, so it's pretty easy to fit it anywhere late season 2 without confusing the series continuity :anime:.

The Ravagers kinda fell by the wayside in the second half of season 1, so it was nice to see them back again, even if the threat they posed in this episode was pretty ineffectual compared to Thanos, Ronan, or even Korath but I guess that's part of the point. The team handed them their butts pretty easily, and Quill didn't even have that much trouble with Yondu, who's the most dangerous of them .It does kinda make me wonder how consistently we might see them in season 2 o_O.

After all Peter went through with J'Son, it's fitting that we'd see him deal with his feelings in regards to his other father figure in Yondu and what that also says about Peter's character development over the course of the season. It's kind of tragic that both of Peter's father figures turned out to be scumbags who never really cared about him, other then as a tool, especially when the lack of one growing up is why he became so attached to both Yondu and J'Son. Though, in the end, it's also kind of inpsiring that he became as heroic as he is (or can be) in-spite of that :proud:.

Given what we know about the Guardians roster in Vol. 2, Yondu proclaiming he would never become a Guardian feels like foreshadowing. Even moreso if we ever get to see the future Guardians, where his descendant would then be a Guardian ;).

Rocket and Drax always get the best comedy moments :p.

If there's one thing I hope season 2 improves on, is the use of music on the show. I mean, I was really hyped to know that the creators of the show had gone to the trouble of constructing their own Awesome Mix for the cartoon, implying that music would be as important and integral to the show as it was in the movie, but ultimately their application of it left a lot to be desired :shrug:.

Either there weren't any songs at all, or they were barely audible in certain scenes, and even when you do hear them it's for barely a minute before they get cut off. A far cry from the way music helped elevate and naturally mesh with what was going on in the movie :sad:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The idea of Yondu and his group impersonating the Guardians is a fun idea, and led to some amusing moments (the guy in the "itchy" Rocket costume was the best). And I like the monsters that only need some water to grow into a kaiju.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Action-Comedy: 8.7
    Connection to Upcoming Holiday: Tenuous
    Continuity: 8
    Gremlinesque Alien Creatures: Do not feed after midnight.
    Fifth Category: #

Trick or Treat? Treat

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

OK, so it wasn't a true Halloween episode. Other than people saying Trick or Treat or aliens dressing up as the Guardians.

Still I did like that Star-Lord tried to reach out to Yondu.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty fun episode. Highlights include:

- The "Trick or Treat" scam, I thought it was a neat idea. Seeing the Ravagers dressing up like the Guardians with their silly costumes was pretty amusing.
    - The relationship between Quill & Yondu, that was cool. It probably wasn't as intriguing as the Quill & J'Son stuff we had before but I liked it.
    - The giant monsters were cool and the action scenes were pretty nice.
    - The humor worked for the most part, especially seeing the Guardians react to the imposters.
    - The musical number, again too brief though. I think it was a song by Kirby Krackle, I remember it was heard in the background in another episode but can't recall which one at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I may be off about this without actually checking, but I think the song might have been in the last Ravagers episode, where the Guardians were transporting those animals and dealing with the Collectors and Grandmasters feud with each other.

I know The song was playing in a bar the Guardians were in before they promptly tore the place up in a fight :p.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I checked and it was actually in "Stuck in the Metal With You".

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Cool seeing Yondu/The Ravagers, awesome recurring supervillains, them impersonating Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon was great/funny:D.

Star-Lord, Drax, and Rocket Raccoon's best comedy moments, hahahahahaha.

Star-Lord/Yondu teaming-up was great, their relationship is handled very sweet, he'll be a new ally in the future, hehehe.

• Like Like x 1