1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Symbiote War, Parts 1-3" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 6, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Guardians of the Galaxy" story-arc!

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

This was a pretty strong batch, even if, like most people, I think the symbiotes themselves can be kind of static as villains.

The first episode's highlight was seeing all the Guardians gets their own "symbiote" form. Fire-breathing Quill FTW. Also, alien high-five. Rocket's right; Peter did corrupt an alien!

It was fun seeing Peter's sister in the second episode, and I was pleasantly surprised at the "You shouldnt sacrifice yourself" message, which gets used a whole lot in media.

The third episode was the most intense, especially after Odin got taken over (those horns!). Heimdall was portrayed a little too stuffily for my tastes, but considering that Thor and Odin were the enemies, I was glad things were kept believable, power-level wise.

But man, the ending with Loki getting pardoned was annoying. C'mon, Odin, you should know better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Regarding the Symbiote's, I will say their deadly, if unremarkable, predator status was at least a nice contrast and break from the Believer's and their constant "I BELIEVE" moments :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I disagree, while they're not my favorite antagonists, I do think they have some interesting alien designs and their belief based technology is a weird twist on sci-fi/fantasy powers. I'm also curious to see what becomes of them now that Warlock is out and doing good without their guidance and influence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #23 JoeMabbon, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I do like them as antagonists, I just also enjoyed taking a break from all the "I BELIEVE" spouting :sweat:.

I hope we do get back to Warlock and that storyline after this brief interlude with the Symbiotes, although with everything they've gone through, maybe the team has earned at least one breather episode :ack:?

• Agree Agree x 1