1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Right Place, Wrong Time" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 12:30PM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Right Place, Wrong Time"
    Episode Debut - April 15th, 2017
    Written by - Mairghread Scott
    Directed by - Jeff Wamester

Quill and Gamora battle the High Evolutionary, his minion hybrids and a teleport-hijacking Nebula.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty solid follow-up to the last episode. Frantic, but chock-full of fun moments and character bits as the Guardians try and save Gamora and the Cocoon the only way they know how...as screwballs :anime:.

In hindsight Peter tossing the cocoon into an ice volcano ended up causing more problems then it solved, but at least his heart was in the right place :sweat:.

Y'know, now that I get a better look at them...the Guardians' rooms look lest like resting areas and more like prison cells. I'm wondering if that says something about the Guardians or the Milano :ack:?

It was cool seeing them re-purpose the classic Captain Marvel switcheroo with the Quantum Bands here, with the cast and Nebula popping in and out of the Milano, dangerous situations, and into the Cocoon at multiple inopportune times. Led to some really fun and humorous moments :p.

The High Evolutionary returns, with both his ship and his mutates stuck in the cocoon and seemingly trying to make the most of the situation, though he was surprisingly uninvolved with the plot of the episode, as Nebula proved to be more of a hindrance for the team here. It was nice to see him again though :evil:.

I'm kinda worried about what's going to happen to Yondu while he's still in the High Evolutionary's custody :eek:.

Nebula was 30% an ally and 70% an antagonist in this episode, shifting from begrudgingly working with the Guardians to free herself to trying to kill them with impunity on a dime. The only time she seemed to be wholeheartedly in favor of the Guardians were when she and Gamora were competing with each and seemed to genuinely enjoy each other's company for the first time in...like, ever. Probably says a lot about how complicated the relationship between the daughters of Thanos is :oops:.

Does Nebula still have some cybernetics in her body? The way she contorted her way out of those handcuffs last episode and here with how she recovered from that landing with Groot, it seems like some of her body is still cybernetic o_O.

Wow, Rocket's plan was pretty thorough and successful in solving all the team's problems and getting the cocoon out. Quill eat your heart out ;).

Oh hey, it's John C. Reil....I mean, Rhomann Dey! Been a while since he's showed up and chewed Quill out :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

I'll overlook the incredibly convenient timing of when it happened and just ask for someone to explain to me how the Quantum Bands broke at the end? As near as I could tell they were trying to imply the sudden exposure to the cold water made them brittle, but I would think artifacts as powerful as the bands would be a bit more durable then that. Did I miss something somewhere?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe it was that combined with their overuse by the Guardians and Nebula :sweat:?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Rocket's plan, while complicated, was actually really well thought out, although as someone else pointed out, the bands breaking was a bit convenient. I mean, it had been used a lot in the episode, but still.

It's almost cruel to leave Nebula with the High Evolutionary, but she did try to double-cross them more than once.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I did find it kind of funny that Peter did the whole, "look out behind you" thing, but Nebula didn't even bother to look back and Peter still ran off :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Guess she wasn't familiar with that trope, heh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I really enjoyed this two-parter of sorts with Black Helmet Woman and this episode. The beginning was kind of emotional. I think it's the first time a character in recent Marvel Animation has been considered dead long enough for the characters to have a funeral (unlike other shows that feature moments like "insert character's name here, NO!" and then seconds later, they show up fine).

I wouldn't have expected them to off a main character, but I liked that they kept that reveal close to their chest. It did turn a bit amusing with the music and escape from the ice volcano, but that didn't ruin the emotion for me.

The location switching with the Quantum Bands was a ton of fun and I liked seeing characters like Star-Lord or Groot paired up with Nebula or Gamora with Groot. This was a pretty exciting episode, all in all. I didn't expect the Guardians to leave Nebula in the frozen sarcophagus since some of them (mainly Gamora) were trapped with her so it would've been noble to save her too. Who knows how she might return if she does?

High Evolutionary and Rhomann Dey showing up was enjoyable as well, though it was sad to see Yondu muzzled up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this episode was a lot of fun. It started off a little more sombre given the way the previous story ended, which was appropriate enough but that didn't last long either thanks to Quill. But that was a pretty in-character moment for him.

The Quantum Bands offered some very nice scenes throughout the story. It was interesting seeing what exactly was inside that cocoon, or whatever it was, with everything that was thought to be destroyed was apparently transported inside. Including the High Evolutionary (I figured we didn't see the last of him in the season premiere) and Yondu. Plus Gamora and Nebula, still at odds with each other trying to survive through all that, and the accidental ice age caused by Quill.

Quill and Gamora switching places throughout the episode provided some pretty funny scenes. And Rocket's master plan was surprisingly good, and it even worked too. The episode might have been a little cliche or convenient at times, but overall it was a lot of fun.

Cast list:

Will Friedle - Star-Lord A.K.A. Peter Quill
    Trevor Devall - Rocket Raccoon
    Kevin Michael Richardson - Groot
    Vanessa Marshall - Gamora
    David Sobolov - Drax
    Jeff Bennett - Rhomann Dey
    Nolan North - High Evolutionary
    Cree Summer - Nebula

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'm somewhat concerned because they introduced the Quantum Bands and now they are already broken and gone. Should the Quantum Bands even be that breakable? It's just that I love Quasar and would love to see him in the show, but the bands are broken.

I did love that Peter just started wearing the bands for whatever reason. It was like, "Well I found these bands, which have untold power, and I'm just going to start wearing 'em because whatever I like em."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I also thought Quill's musical tribute to Gamora is probably one of the few times this show has actually used it's music well and effectively, which was nice :cool:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Good thing Quill didn't put the cocoon in a regular volcano...

Third Option: It says something about the animators.

That dialogue...TheVileOne, did you gain access to the episode's working script?

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

No. I just like that characterization and Peter's blase attitude of, "Well I found these powerful artifacts...I'm gonna start wearing 'em." Because yeah, that seems like something Peter would do and that's what would be going through his head.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1