1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Me And You And A Dog Named Cosmo" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 1:00PM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Me And You And A Dog Named Cosmo"
    Episode Debut - April 15th, 2017
    Written by - Steven Melching
    Directed by - James Yang

Cosmo goes undercover on the Believer Flagship but loses his powers when his cover is blown.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Peter fully believing in Cosmo's innocence was nice to see, and speaks to the friendship that's developed between the two over the course of the series, and was matched by Rocket's vitriolic relationship with the space dog being brought back to the fore ;).

Cosmo losing his telepathy was an interesting twist, and for a second there I also believed he had lost his intelligence, before he managed to prove to the Guardians that it was still intact. I guess that means either the Believers weren't able to drain that out of him or his intelligence is actually wholly separate from his powers. Maybe Cosmo really is just one smart dog :anime:?

It was nice to see some follow-up on the Rigellian's and Tana's attempts to reconcile the normal citizens with the radical Empathetics. I was expecting we would see Tana and her father again, but I wasn't expecting we would see the meditation between the two sides covered, so that was cool :).

You really have to feel bad for Tana though. She's trying her best to be as fair and willing to work with both sides as possible and the two representatives (one of which is her father) just won't work with her. And Drax certainly didn't help :ack:.

That was a pretty big conference room for only three people :rolleyes2:.

Drax attacking someone just for using the word "believe" because he assumes they're a Universal Believer spy is such an obvious, but funny, joke that I'm surprised I didn't think of it before :p.

Though things would be pretty bad if the leader of the Rigellian's, their effective king and monarch, was actually a spy :sweat:.

The Rigellian's uniting in their shared hatred of Drax and shared love of facial hair is certainly one way of working out their differences :cool:.

Y'know, one of these episodes I want them to actually show what happens to the Believers after the Guardians sabotage their flagship and it inevitably crashes. Do they just find some way to BELIEVE themselves out of it or is there some other method to it :confused:?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

One of the weaker episodes of the marathon (I'm not a fan of those Rigellians). It was nice to see Cosmo again, though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Greg91

Greg91 Member

It was surprising to see a follow-up to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (episode 5) so soon since this is episode 8. While Tana's father and Jukka were fighting, it was nice to see Tana act more calm. She was way more likeable in that respect.

It's too bad the word 'believe' has been tainted by the Universal Believers enough that Drax would tackle the Grand Commissioner of Rigel. I know Drax meant well, but Tana really did need to tell him off.

It was sad to see Cosmo getting abused by Mantis and Ebony Maw, especially when he lost his powers and ability to communicate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Rocket becoming Cosmo's furry bro was amusing. I also enjoyed the bit where Star-Lord goes down to nuzzle Cosmo and is all like, "Who's a good boy," and Cosmo knocks him away, like *knock it off*. Peter probably always loved dogs but never got one as a kid.

I wonder if Mantis was similarly brainwashed by The Believers as well and if she could ultimately become a hero and turn over a new leaf.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wasn't expecting to see Tana Nile again so soon, but as I suspected she was a lot more tolerable here. The side-plot about the peace conference was handled pretty well but I thought it got a little too silly at times. Drax' meddling was funny, and I liked how in the end he offered a solution for saving the day since all those present pretty much hated him.

It was cool seeing Cosmo again, and in action as well. Him ending up losing his powers was an interesting development, though I liked how he still proved to be important to the story even without them. He's not really a dumb animal. And it was nice seeing Quill be so trusting of Cosmo, and Rocket bonding with him by the end of the episode.

Cast list:

Will Friedle - Star-Lord A.K.A. Peter Quill
    Trevor Devall - Rocket Raccoon, Grand Commissioner
    Kevin Michael Richardson - Groot
    Vanessa Marshall - Gamora
    David Sobolov - Drax
    James Arnold Taylor - Cosmo
    Jessica DiCicco - Tana
    Khary Payotn - Jukka
    Jennifer Hale - Mantis
    James Urbaniak - Ebony Maw

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Hack Fraud

"Eh, they're just deranged space zealots with a doomsday weapon. We'll follow-up on that after the party."

—Star-Lord

• Like Like x 2