Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "I've Seen All Good People" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 29, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy! Disney XD will premiere two new episodes, back-to-back, today starting at 8:00AM ET!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "I've Seen All Good People"
    Episode Debut - October 29th, 2017

Gamora trains Warlock to be a strong and powerful warrior like herself. But when Gamora’s lessons become too intense, Warlock clams up and is kidnapped by the Collector.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why Teen Titans GO gets infinitely more attention and love than this show...

This is one of the best superhero animated series on TV right now, IMO. The scene with Gamora remembering the faces of her parents was one of the most powerful moments in the show for me.

• Like Like x 2
    #2 TheLemsterPju, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun fact: Gamora initially was introduced as a supporting character for Adam Warlock, serving as both an aid and love interest to Adam over the course of his stories up to even the 90's. Obviously the show leaves out the romance aspect (as most Marvel cartoons do), but it was nice to see Adam and Gamora interacting closely and learning from one another in this episode, in light of their history :).

Did they ever mention Gamora's people being pacifists before? I don't believe they have. Though it does add even more irony and tragedy to Gamora's character, especially as her anger over Adam reminding her of her people causes her to lash out and act more like early season 1 Gamora :ack:.

I liked Adam being all zen and pacifist in this episode. It felt fitting for him :anime:.

Nothing re-emphasizes Gamora's status as "The Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy" more then having her take out her own team in five seconds and beat up practically everyone in a dive bar :eek:.

I have to feel bad for that bartender with how consistently the Guardians trash his place :sweat:.

I guess Yondu inexplicably showing up with the Ravagers means he and probably all the other prisoners of the High Evolutionary (Nebula, Titus, Maximus, etc.) survived the destruction of the HI's ship o_O.

Y'know, if there's anything I'd like the show's crew to take from Vol. 2, it's giving Yondu more depth and nuance as a character. Also, bring in the fin ;).

It feels like it's been a long time since we last saw the Collector, so it was kind of fun having him back, and it makes sense he'd want Adam and his Soul Gem in his collection :evil:.

I guess if everyone was wondering what it would be like when adult Adam really cut loose (or were worried about it) watching him beat the living tar out of that worm and almost lobotomize the Collector should just about do it :eek:.

Poor Rocket and his quest to infiltrate the Collector's ship :p.

Adam unlocking Gamora's memories of her parents and Gamora shedding a tear was a pretty touching moment to end the episode on...right up until the rest of the team completely ruined it, of course :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I would like for them to touch on the fact that the Collector (and the Grandmaster) nigh-immortal godlike beings that have been around since the beginning of time. I think they're beginning to establish that with their MCU counterparts.

But I don't think a lobotomy would have killed the Collector. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Really fun episode.

People don't always give Gamora enough credit as to how hardcore she can be (I guess Warlock found out the hard way). She and Warlock had a lot of good character moments in this one.

When Warlock temporarily swore off fighting, I wanted to shake him in some scenes. Well meaning...but when someone has kidnapped you, I think it's okay to beat them up. :p

Geez, the people on Drax's homeworld took no prisoners, apparently.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For once I don't think I want to know whether Drax partook in his people's customs :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy "I've Seen All Good People"

Who is this crazy sociopath and what has she done with Gamora? Not on-board with this characterization.

I like Drax saying being destroyed is distracting though.

I like everyone being a little scared they saw Gamora crying too. As Peter said at the beginning it's hard to tell if the fact she just took them all out is scarier, or if the fact that she always could is.

Like Adam telling Gamora she taught him the compassion lesson in the wrong order.

The Collector describes himself as an irredeemable villain. That isn't very true to life to me. Most villains don't even think they are villains.

Pretty good. ****.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Woah when did Gamora become Vegeta? Like this was a bit out of character to me. It just come off as weird, I'm not a fan. This was awful.

Adam is my favorite character on this show. He's so earnest and cool. Love watching him slowly become Magus.

That Gamora memory thing in the bar looked like a scene Legend of Korra.

Yondu had a cunning and fun plan. I like when they show he's more than a charismatic and dumb criminal.

The Collector is a meh villain to me but he set up some cool action and story scenes.

Good Adam and Gamora scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Gladiator

Yeah, I'll say it again. This show has gotten alot of mileage out of having Thanos offscreen and forcing the characters deal with all the problems he left behind.

Adam floating in the middle of the bar brawl was a nice visual.

I thought she was more Piccolo training Gohan than Vegeta.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1