1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "I've Been Searching So Long" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 17, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 8:00AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "I've Been Searching So Long"
    Episode Debut - July 17th, 2016
    Directed by: James Yang
    Written by: Steven Melching

When the Guardians' search for the Cosmic Seed brings them to Earth, they are forced to confront Ronan, Nebula and Thanos.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a pretty great episode, and served as a good culmination of the Cosmic Seed journey that started with episode one. We had some nice character moments for each of the Guardians, a few fun and humorous moments, strong action sequences, and a heck of an ending. Here's hoping Guardians can keep it up and give us a strong finish for season one :D.

Y'know, as contradictory as the continuity in these cartoons can be, I think the background design for Attilan's old stomping ground is at least in-line with how it looked in SMASH. I think :confused:.

It was interesting seeing the Cosmic Seed giving the Guardians a vision of what they most cherished revived again, appealing to their mutual feelings of loss and making them covet the Seed in the same way that all the antagonists have. Groot could revive his people, Drax could revive his family, Rocket could restore his family, and Gamora could restore the memories of the family she lost to Thanos (which, is kinda a step-down from wanting them alive again, but if it works for her...). Not only does it build off elements of the cast that have been present and developed over the course the series, it works well to show just how dangerous the Seed really is, both from a power standpoint, and in what it can make people do to obtain it :ack:.

Ironically Peter, who one could certainly see as the most selfish and egotistical of the Guardians at certain points (maybe next to Rocket), is the one who remains on point and focused on keeping the Seed safe without considering using the powers for himself. As much as the death of his mother still effects him, here we see that he's moved on enough to where he doesn't want to use the Seed to bring her back. So that was definitely an interesting contrast, and led to a lot of good character moments for Peter as he rallied the Guardians together to stop Ronan ;).

It's kind of funny that Ronan's been divorced from the overarching Cosmic Seed plot for so long, in-spite of the fact that it was partially what brought him back to life in the first place, and yet he ends up being the first to obtain and wield it. Of course, the Guardians certainly gave him the perfect opportunity to do so :sweat:.

The Guardians fighting a Cosmic Seed-empowered Ronan and Nebula was pretty exciting, especially given how it was made abundantly clear they didn't stand a real chance against either of them in a straight-up fight. Heck, Nebula with her fully-fleshed body back and enhanced strength took out the entire team by herself! Of course, the Guardians being the Guardians, they managed to win the day and beat Ronan through misdirection :cool:.

Thanos return, in-spite of being expected, was a pretty powerful moment, and he wasted no time in dealing with Ronan and quickly getting the Seed for himself. Once again, the Mad Titan does not mess around, and the entire cast reacted pretty appropriately to his appearance (I loved Nebula crawling away). Now he has the full-power of the Cosmic Seed at his fingertips :eek:.

The Cosmic Seed has basically become an Infinity Stone at this point, given we have Ronan fusing it to his hammer the same way he did the Power Stone in the first movie and Thanos wielding it in his hand like he did the original Power Stone in Assemble season 2. At least the Cosmic Seed's life-giving properties and ability to evolve plants and individuals helps distinguish it enough from the abilities of the traditional Infinity Stones :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Admittedly, my favorite part of the episode was Thanos returning, after apparently shrugging off a black hole. I do wonder how the team has any shot of winning, though. Maybe a guest star?
    Also, does anyone know if the next episode is the season finale? Apparently the show is going on break after next week.

• Like Like x 3
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

- Pretty good episode. It was cool getting some closure to the Cosmic Seed story-arc that has been present in just about every episode so far, in one form or another. The connection to the Inhumans was neat and I thought it was more appropriate than the entire "Inhuman Touch" episode.
    - I was expecting the Guardians to start fighting each other over the Seed once they all started talking about their visions and what they believe they can use it for. Still, it was handled pretty well and wasn't the focus of the entire episode either.
    - The fights with the mutated worms and spider were cool. As usual the show has some nice action scenes, even for the minor fights like these.
    - Ronan returning was predictable but I liked how all-powerful he became once he got hold of the Seed. Plus, empowering Nebula and the two fighting the Guardians was one of the best parts of the episode. Some good choreography during the beanstalk fight scene, making things more exciting. I admit stopping Ronan with duct-tape was kind of silly but it wasn't that bad.
    - Thanos returning as well was a more impressive development though again predictable enough. I liked how he got right down to business after being trapped inside a black hole, and it made a pretty intriguing cliff-hanger ending. Looking forward to whatever happens next.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Visually this episode is more like the first three episodes which are the best. Marvel needs more colour and lighting design then we are good to go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

And so the Cosmic Seed at long last makes its first appearance. And the Guardians delivered right to Thanos. At least Drax and Gamora actually addressed where they would keep it if they found it since it's technically not safe in Asgard because of Loki.

I wonder what gear Rocket sold off to get more duct tape and to :) .

• Like Like x 4
  7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I thought this was a fine entry.

The funny thing is the Seed was already hidden in a pretty secure place, unless Thanos discovered its location independently.

I wonder who he sold to...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

JoeMabbon presents a good point. Thanos had no idea where it was before. Ronan and Nebula had no idea either. Guardians led them right to it.

Now maybe they would've found it eventually and that would've been bad news for the Earth. However, doesn't finding it and putting it somewhere else not really fix the problem either? It still presents the same problem. Just moving it to another area of space.

Finding the cosmic seed doesn't really present anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the only logical conclusion to making sure no one can use the Seed's power for evil or ill intentions is to destroy it, because otherwise there's nothing to stop people from hunting and searching for it for however many decades it takes to get it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I would say they could throw the Seed into a black hole, but Thanos would just dive in after it. He wouldn't even need a bandage!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1