Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "It's Tricky" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 5, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 8:00AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "It's Tricky"
    Episode Debut - November 5th, 2017

During the Xandrian Feast of the Three Grinning Moons, the Guardians must pull a reverse heist by planting a dangerous weapon inside a Nova Corps vault.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Worst episode of the series. I was defending this show a week ago for its moments of maturity...and then they end this episode with childish stink gas joke.

A few steps back for Peter's maturity as well...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was a very silly episode. I mean, that in and of itself isn't really a bad thing per se, but having this episode randomly thrown in after we were just coming off of Warlock becoming The Magus...it just feels really abrupt and badly-timed o_O.

It's like they made this episode for April Fools Day and then forgot to air it in April :confused:.

It was kind of nice to see Peter and Yondu having some genuine bonding moments given their relationship in the present day. It reminds me of one of the flashbacks in Vol. 2 :).

I love how nobody in Peter's flashback looks any younger then they do in the present-day :p.

Peter actually destroying one of Xandar's moons seems like it would be punishable by life in prison rather then just full-blown exile, but I guess he was a kid at the time :shrug:.

I guess if anything good came out of this episode it was giving some spotlight on John C. Rei...I mean, Corpsman Dey. This was probably the most screentime and action he's had in the entire series up to this point :).

It was cool seeing the Wraith back and to have him take on the entire team, especially in that cool armor :cool:.

Okay, I'll admit, I didn't see the twist at the end that Yondu was pranking everybody coming :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy "It's Tricky"

This was obviously aired out of order.

Wraith is a cool character.

The police line-up was very reminiscent of the movie.

"If Rocket ever gets us out of h-" "I'm out." Heh.

Can I again say how refreshing it is that this is the first Marvel cartoon to pay for music rights for famous songs (In this case "Born To Be Wild”)? Even most higher budgeted DC toons don't usually do that.

Dey has some surprisingly sweet fighting moves.

Peter blew up the fourth moon? What a dope.

The bomb turning out to be a prank was absolutely awesome. Yondu at his finest. I love that Dey pardons Quill solely so he has to suffer with the rest of them. Seems a little odd pardon power rests with Dey though.

Fun episode. ****.