1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Evolution Rock" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And an excuse to conveniently reuse voice actors :p.

I think he meant Sobolov's Drax prior to the Guardians cartoon. He was one of the only VA's to carry over from the old versions of the Guardians before they were rebooted to match the movies :ack:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I agree. I think Sobolov is a fantastic actor. I wasn't referring to his previous work, but how he had to portray Drax in the past because in the past guest appearances of the Guardians, Drax isn't developed that much. I loved his work as Depth Charge way back in the day in Beast Wars and also Shockwave in Transformers: Prime. I mean his previous appearances as Drax in the animated shows pre-Guardians of the Galaxy. He played Drax, but I recall his Drax was normally just a stoic, no-nonsense tough guy. I think giving this Drax the quirks that movie Drax had, takes everything super serious, doesn't understand concepts or metaphors, gives him a little more dimension. Sobolov gets to play with those aspects and it's fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Hack Fraud

Oh, sorry.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1