1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Come and Gut Your Love" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

33.3%
  3. ****

33.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

33.3%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy today at 8:00AM ET on Disney XD! Quill's crazy ex-girlfriends want revenge!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Come and Gut Your Love"
    Episode Debut - April 3rd, 2016
    Directed by: Jeff Wamester
    Written by: Eric Karten

When Starlord’s jilted ex-girlfriends learn that he’s a prince, they team up and come after him for payback.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. strugler

strugler Member

Another awesome episode of the excellent Spartax story arc.
    The show really went form a decent series toi an outstanding one since the spartax arc kicked in.

this is the only marvel show that actually makes me chuckle and smile.

Hoping that ultron revolution will pick up steam as it goes into more episodes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a solid, fun, episode. I thought Rora was a nice addition to series, it was neat seeing Lucy and Supergiant back, and it was cool getting more background on J'Son and his true character :cool:.

I don't think Star-Lord is an accurate description for Peter anymore. Peter Quill: Enemy of all Women sounds more appropriate at this point :p.

I felt really bad for Rora after seeing her in this episode and learning her story and history with J'Son. Hopelessly dedicated to the man she loves, in-spite of his philandering ways, she served him loyally for years on his mission only to end up damaged and mothballed for 25 years once he was done with her. That's just harsh. And then, once she comes back online and reunited with J'Son, he threatens to dismantle her if she doesn't follow his orders. That poor girl :(.

The only real outlier in all this was that, going by the flashback, J'Son was willing to risk the Cosmic Seed just to save her when Loki attacked. That and the picture of Meredith in his secret chambers are the only evidence that he's held any real feelings or affection for the women in his life o_O.

Is this the first time we've seen what the actual Cosmic Seed looks like? Pretty nice looking gem, I'd say. And it seems Loki was the last person to have it, after J'Son took it from Asgard, so it seems like he's playing all sides for something he had at one point :ack:.

That sonuva...J'Son not only knew about the Ravagers, he sent them after Peter and told them to do exactly what they did: make him into a thief and criminal like them so he could eventually find the Cosmic Seed and accomplish J'Son's mission. He never cared about Meredith or Peter at all, and he was never going to go back for them. Peter really is just a tool to him :mad:.

Supergiant and Lucy going after Quill led to some funny moments, though I kind of felt bad for the team that they had to deal with all this because of Peter's inability to commit or treat a girlfriend well :rolleyes:.

Peter, I get your intentions with revealing your dad's deception to the council, but maybe you should've thought about the possibility that it would lead to a war between Spartax and Asgard (as has been discussed previously) and threaten the livelihood of your people before you went through with it. I'm sure you also didn't see it getting you and your team arrested coming :sweat:.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Black Order must have some good benefits, Supergiant hasn't shown up to work in weeks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Quill should've led with Loki has the Cosmic Seed. Going back to Spartax without a plan was a mistake.

Let me just say, I like the show, and I like the introduction of J'Son, but his plan is a little convoluted. So he asked the Ravagers to take his son and turn him into a pirate just to get the Cosmic Seed? I have to believe there's more to it than that. I don't know, I don't get why it had to be Peter turned into a pirate to get it back from Loki.

That being said, a part of me thinks J'Son is also playing Thanos. What his ultimate end-game is, I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, J'Son claimed the reason he left Meredith and didn't come back was because he had to go back to Spartax and take over the throne, which probably prevented him from continuing his quest. So he had to prepare his son to take up the mission in his stead, and wanted the Ravagers to instill the skills in Peter he felt would be necessary for it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The first half was fun (the ship AI reminded me of Aya from Green Lantern) but the second half got too silly with the ex-girlfriends (the King Kong reference was random). The ending has promise, though.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And just like Aya, falling in love with an organic did not end well for her :(.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked how the episode didn't focus entirely on how Lucy and Supergiant wanted to get revenge on Star-Lord. The scenes with them were pretty amusing but a full half-hour of that would have been kind of annoying. Similarly, it was cool the episode wasn't a filler and really helped move things... though probably not in the direction the Guardians were hoping for. :p

Rora was pretty cool and her story was good, a little more tragic than I expected. Learning more stuff about J'Son was neat and it does help explain some of the stuff previously hinted at (like when Peter connected his helmet to the Destroyer armor a few episodes ago). Loki's interference was to be expected though it still caught me by surprise in Rora's flashback. Also thought the revelation that J'Son pretty much gave Peter to Yondu for "training" was a neat twist.

Thor declaring war on Spartax was a pretty awesome way to end the episode. Looking forward to the Asgard War arc.

• Like Like x 2
  10. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I'm liking how this arc going. Every new piece connects with the last.

J'Son is a complicated man. I'm still wondering why he's working for Thanos, he seems way too self-interested to serve him for long.

The King Kong reference doesn't work as well in a wasteland. Need a cityscape to really sell that kind of shot.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I feel like J'Son plans on betraying Thanos and he's working for his own goals.

• Agree Agree x 2