1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Can't Fight This Seedling" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy Episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

20.0%
  3. ****

20.0%
  4. ***1/2

20.0%
  5. ***

20.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

20.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy tonight at 9:30PM (ET) on Disney XD!
    Who would even want to fight this Seedling?

[​IMG]
    Guardians of the Galaxy "Can't Fight This Seedling"
    Episode Debut - October 17th, 2015
    Directed by: James Yang
    Written by: David McDermott

When Groot is infected by a parasitic fungus, the Guardians must embark on a perilous journey in order to save him.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC

#1 RoyalRubble, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Will Friedle's delivery on this show is classic. Some has to be ad libbed.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this episode was pretty boring, to be honest. But there was still some good stuff in it, I liked that Groot had some kind of character development and Peter started to understand his teammate is more than a log. Peter's lines were decent, some were fun but others were kind of lame. Turning the episode into another kind of "Fantastic Voyage" homage was predictable, just from reading the episode description.

The action was decent and the revelation about what's hidden inside Groot was handled pretty well. The goat-like aliens were a rather amusing addition to the story (loved the way the elder thought he tricked Peter with that bargain), and it was pretty great seeing more of Titus as well. I liked how he seems to be willing to do pretty much anything as long as he gets the job done. And I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him, so his next appearances should be fun.

I doubt it was intentional, but the shots of Titus inside his spaceship and attacking, those really felt like flashbacks to "SWAT Kats" for me. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

This was alright. The interactions between the characters continue to be the draw for this show, not the plot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The weakest episode so far, but it had some good moments (Drax managing to stop that missile, and Quill discovering that Groot has a seed that can revive his race). But yeah, it just wasn't very exciting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a solid episode, with enough good action, humor, and character moments to make it enjoyable :).

I was kinda curious how they were going to handle how much the rest of the team understand what Groot is saying, since I'm not sure how consistent it's been since the show started as to whether they can understand him or if it's still just Rocket. This episode pretty much exemplified how hard it is for him to be unable to be understood by others when he actually has a lot more to contribute then just muscle and all the sadness that he bears inside from what happened to his people and his duty in retaining their seed. Made Quill's callousness towards him a little hard to stomach :mad:.

I was surprised that, despite how much they've been through together and that Rocket understands Groot better than anyone at this point, Rocket actually didn't know about Groot's past or that he had his people's seed inside of him. Especially considering he was the one who narrated Groot's story in his origin short. Though considering the main, internal, conflict of the episode, having Peter discover something about Groot that not even Rocket knows and that facilitating a better understanding and bond between the two fits quite well ;).

Now I'm starting to see shades of the Titus we got to see in USM, with his doggedness in hunting the Guardians out of either a false sense of duty or because he feels insulted by them and his willingness to use lethal weaponry even at the cost of innocent causalities just to get rid of them :eek:.

Man, when Drax says he'll deliver he delivers. That scene of him maneuvering around Titus' ship and trying to stop the missiles was pretty impressive :cool:.

Star-Lord and Rocket's little adventure in Groot was fun, particularly in how the two played off one another, and beyond Rocket and Groot I think Peter and Rocket is a good bromance in the making :D.

Is it just me, or did the Milano look back to normal and without all the upgrades from the last episode o_O?

I like how the show, as the creators pointed out in interviews, is a continuing narrative with the events of one episode directly leading to another and references to past episodes sparsed throughout. Oh serialized story-telling, how I have missed you...

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Another great episode. A good way to develop the relationship between Star-Lord and Groot. My favorite moment was Titus ignoring the order from the Nova Corp to not use anti-matter weapons. It shows that Titus believes the ends justify the means, and he has no problem sacrificing innocents for the "greater good." You see a bit of the villain Titus later becomes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

This more and more convinces me that Titus is Sinestro. I have a feeling his start of darkness will be the same, thinking the corps are too weak and tries to use force and fear to being justice to the galaxy. Tiger Sinestro is looking like a proper nickname for him.

• Like Like x 2
    #8 Dragnatek, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  9. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I finally saw this episode and I thought that it was pretty good.

• Like Like x 1