1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Can’t Get It Out Of My Head" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 1:30PM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Can’t Get It Out Of My Head"
    Episode Debut - April 15th, 2017
    Written by - David McDermott
    Directed by - Jeff Wamester

When the Believer Flagship embeds itself in Knowhere’s brain, it causes a planetoid-wide telekinetic zombie outbreak.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rocket and Cosmo actually getting along, and Rocket being pro-Cosmo, was certainly a fun change of pace. I guess not having to think of Cosmo peeking into his head with his telepathy, not to mention Cosmo managing to save the day in the last episode, really changed his opinion of the 'mutt. At least until Cosmo got his powers back of course, and ruining Rocket's big, emotional, speech. Though somehow I'm sure deep-down he and Cosmo are pretty much friends now ;).

So...how exactly did the Believers turn the populace into zombies under their thrall? They never really explained that. It seemed to have something to do with the ship being lodged into the Celestial head, and the sparks that were flowing through it, but it wasn't really addressed. And how were the Believers able to get the Cocoon out of Xandar, and out of the Nova Corps. custody, and onto their flagship? So many questions :confused:.

I was wondering how much experience with Zombies Quill could have given how young he must have been when the Ravagers abducted him, and probably before the "zombie phase" the media had entered into to where he would likely have been more exposed to that kind of content...and then it turns out his biggest influence was Thriller :p.

I half expected them to play Thriller in this episode, but they probably don't have enough money to cover the royalties for that, I'm guessing. At least they managed to fit in a Michael Jackson alien, right down to the moon-walking :rolleyes2:.

I wonder if all the Guardians have wanted to inflict bodily harm on Quill at some point? Not that I should be too surprised, I guess :sweat:.

Did anyone else notice Peter seemed to be resisting the Believers' control over him? He seemed to be struggling with what he was doing more then the others were, though nothing seemed to come out of it before everyone was freed from under the Believers' power o_O.

I was wondering how the Guardians were going to get by without their leader for most of the episode, but (unsurprisingly) they seemed to manage pretty well, though Quill still ended up contributing to the group's overall victory :cool:.

(Gulp). Looks like it's time to finally sees what lies inside the Cocoon :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

My least favorite of the batch. I'm not a fan of most zombie films (and yeah, these weren't literal zombies, but still). Peter's Zombie Survival tape was a funny idea, though, even if Drax is the only person who would take it seriously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Greg91

Greg91 Member

This was a fun zombie episode with Peter, Gamora, and Cosmo's infections slowly reducing the team. I enjoyed the Thriller reference. I really liked who Rocket started to appreciate Cosmo more and more over time.

The ending was quite exciting when Cosmo seemingly sacrificed himself, but instead, overloaded his powers. I knew the cocoon opening up wouldn't be a bad thing, but for the characters, it was certain doom if it opened and they had no way to stop it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This had an interesting concept for a zombie attack but overall I didn't find the episode as exciting as the others before. Still it had some nice moments. Quill's zombie survival guide lead to some pretty amusing scenes, especially when Drax tried to follow those rules. And it was cool that Cosmo got his powers back already, and another neat cliff-hanger ending.

Cast list:

Will Friedle - Star-Lord A.K.A. Peter Quill
    Trevor Devall - Rocket Raccoon, Gate Operator, Zombies
    Kevin Michael Richardson - Groot, Broker, Blood Brothers, Zombies
    Vanessa Marshall - Gamora, Zombies
    David Sobolov - Drax, Zombies
    James Arnold Taylor - Cosmo, Knowhere, Zombies
    Jennifer Hale - Mantis

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I was highly amused by one of the Believer zombies chucking Rocket like a football, and also more furry bromance between Cosmo and Rocket.

I must've missed it, but how did the Believers get the cocoon back on Knowhere from the Nova Corp. HQ? Can the cortex so easily zap it out of there? Seems awfully convenient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1