1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Bad Moon Rising" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 28, 2015.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

66.7%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy tonight at 9:30PM (ET) on Disney XD!
    Rejoice, Ronan returns.

[​IMG]
    Guardians of the Galaxy "Bad Moon Rising"
    Episode Debut - November 28th, 2015
    Directed by: Jeff Wamester
    Written by: Matt Wayne

The Guardians encounter a living planet that’s fallen under the control of a revived Ronan.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

So it's not Ego...but Mandala? But not this Mandala, because I get the feeling Marvel doesn't own "Gemini" (or Europa); let alone the fact that the team is extremely obscure. :sweat:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I thought the first half was a little too random and had some pacing issues. The second half was more focused and was better for it.

Ronan's resurrection was kind of silly and undermines the movie a little, but whatever. I'll see where they go with this.

Drax was pretty cheerful and upbeat in his pre-tragedy days. I never thought I'd hear an anti-revenge moral come out of his mouth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

If they're really going to keep this in continuity with the other shows, which a few sources confirmed it was, Ronan will have to live through this season in order for his appearance in Hulk and the Agents of SMASH to not be a(nother) HUGE continuity error.

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Yeah, but then you have Quill changing personalities twice basically. He starts off as Chris Pratt style, goes to the more traditional Star-Lord style and then goes back to Chris Pratt.

I really enjoyed the episode, a lot of great development and the return of Ronan. Was it just me or did I detect some jealousy from Nebula when Ronan recalls Gamora but not her? Does Nebula maybe *like* Ronan? I mean, I think it would make a lot more sense as to why she would resurrect him. I mean, she had the universal weapon and the Dark Aster. She could've gone after Thanos or gotten some other minions to do that herself. But she specifically went out of her way to resurrect Ronan on Mandala and submitted to his will. Just saying.

Also, Mandala is meant to be Ego, right? Or Ego's cousin maybe?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Xxerox

Xxerox Member

I am pretty sure this "Cosmic Seed" Created more than just 2 Living planets (Mandala and Ego) There are probably hundreds of them around the universe . . .

7. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episode 10 was pretty awesome/enjoyable,

The Guardians: Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot(his Pokemon talk is fun), awesome/enjoyable with Star-Lord, best funny superhero with the best funny lines:D.

Cool to see Nebula who's awesome/hot, but both Gamora/Nebula are sisters, sweet.

Mandala was awesome who bees an anti-hero for the Guardians, another living planet like Ego, cool.

Both Gamora, Drax, and Rocket Raccoon in their crazy early selves attacking poor Star-Lord was enjoyable, Gamora was a villainess to an anti-heroine, nice.

Cool to see Ronan the Accuser resurrected with a sweet new design:D, both Thanos, Ronan, and Nebula will be the major enemies of the series, sweet.

Drax saying an Anti-Revenge Moral who's obsessed with revenge on Thanos, hehehe.

Gamora vs. Nebula, awesome female fight!!!!!!

Cool to see my favorite awesome supervillains Thanos, Ronan the Accuser, Nebula, Titus, The Collector, and Grandmaster play major roles in the new Marvel series:D.

Nice hearing the awesome Cree Summer(Nebula), Will Friedle(Star-Lord), Kevin Richardson(Groot), and Pamela Adlon(Ma Raccoon/Sis Raccoon) play roles in it, yaaaaaaaay.

#7 Radical, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  8. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I think they hinted at that more subtly in "The Backstabbers." Here, she was a straight up jealous girl. Was anyone else reminded of this when Nebula suddenly showed up and started hammering the Milano?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #8 JoeMabbon, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode, overall. There were some parts which felt kind of forced though, mostly at the beginning with the characters acting a little too childish, and the humor wasn't as good as in previous episodes. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints since this was still pretty enjoyable.

I was expecting Ego the Living Planet to appear so Mandala was a surprise. The bit with the characters reverting back to their older selves while on its surface was a pretty interesting twist. It did lead to some fun moments, but again some of the humor felt forced. Mandala just wanting to play with its inhabitants and acting immature didn't really help either. But there were some good gags, the one that stood out the most was probably Drax's line about revenge being a waste of time.

Ronan's resurrection was handled well enough. I don't think it was that necessary to bring him back after the events of the movie, but it should be interesting to see how his return will affect future episodes. He could be a great adversary if used right. The Nebula and Gamora rivalry was pretty good this time as well, so I'm looking forward to more of that.

Yeah, Nebula admitted she had a fondness for Ronan. It's a neat and pretty surprising angle.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, not a bad episode, but for a plot that featured the return of the main villain of the film, I can't help but feel it wasn't as epic feeling as it could have been. Like everyone else is saying, the second half was much stronger than the first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'm in favor of it. Will like to see if they take it beyond this though.

• Agree Agree x 1