Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Another One Bites the Dust" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 29, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Another One Bites the Dust"
    Episode Debut - October 29th, 2017

When Quill and Warlock are hunted by J’son and the Black Order, Quill teaches Warlock the importance of never letting himself slip into the path of evil.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was nice to see Adam and Peter interacting more and seeing just how much of an impact Peter has had on Warlock, stretching back to the first episode where he was able to connect with and steer the young Warlock back to being a hero and Guardian :).

If anyone wanted to see J'Son self-justify his plans beyond his own ego and desire for power, him using the Spartax way's belief of peace through control and domination fits the bill :rolleyes:.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that J'Son enlisted the Black Order into his scheme, though I kinda miss when the Black Order were just Thanos cultists and they didn't need to be all about "believing" or needed a bunch of souped-up Nova helmets to be threats. Which is why I was glad to see them discard all that at the end of the episode ;).

I wonder if we're ever going to see them acknowledge that Corvus and Proxima are married :sweat:?

Wow, Guardians actually letting their vocal tracks go for more then a few seconds and to where we can actually hear the lyrics for once? Not to mention actually using the song to accentuate and enliven what's going on? Nice to see the show taking more cues from the movies :D.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Peter get beat-up this much. I mean, he usually takes the brunt of the punishment in any episode (either from the bad guys or his own team), but never have his wounds been so visible :ack:.

It was nice to see Xeron again and have her be out-and-out supporting of the Guardians here. She and Drax make a pretty good team :anime:.

There's just something so funny about Adam Warlock, of all people, going "psych" :p.

So it seems we now have Peter dual-wielding blasters like he does in the comics and movies :cool:.

Warlock absorbing J'Son and his evil into his body being the straw that finally turns him into The Magus isn't so much surprising as it is horrifying to see Adam transform so dramatically into such a powerful and evil force. And now not only do the Guardians have to face off against their greatest threat, but it's also one of their own :eek:.

3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy "Another One Bites The Dust"

Knew Adam was going to do a "Psyche!" near the end, but I'm as disappointed as Peter is he didn't do it for the end of the episode. That was a pretty dire cliffhanger. ****.

4. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Magus obliterating the Black Order was dark and hysterical. Great episode, J'Son is slightly over used but he's never not fun. Great seeing the Black Order again but like others I prefer their non-Nova Corps fighting styles.

I guess Supergiant is still in jail.

• Agree Agree x 1