1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 3, 2017.

1. General Mike

General Mike Member

I for one loved Rocket's mom the first time we saw her.

Mom: These the kind of losers you hang around with now, Runt?
    Rocket: Ma, these are my friends.

Anyway, it's more continuity from the season 1 episode. That episode ended with Rocket looking at the holo-picture on his wrist device, so it makes sense he wants them back, and I presume that things will not work out so well for Rocket.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to wonder if IGN misunderstood something or just misreported stuff because I would've thought we'd have heard of a Korvac episode by now...

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

It's possible we just haven't seen the episode yet since it was likely written and recorded way ahead of time. They had already announced and probably began work on season 2 way back in 2015. It might've been even earlier. They didn't debut season 2 until 2017 to coincide with the second movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Both GOTG and now AA seem to be burning through episodes as quickly as possible. What's the game plan?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess either to bring both shows to a quick close or to test whether binge-watching can be adapted to live television :sweat:?

Maybe the ratings for the Civil War arc and the first time they released a batch of episodes for Guardians were better then usual o_O?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if Marvel sticks to a two show format for animation, in case Guardians and Assemble end. We are getting something next year apparently.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've always felt they had a three-show format, with only two active shows at a time :).

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. General Mike

General Mike Member

I hope Guardians doesn't go away. Avengers Assemble for that matter as well. While neither show is great, I've grown attached to the casts in both shows.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A part of me can't help but think that they'll keep the Guardians cartoons going for as long as there's Guardians movies, but given the third Guardians movie is still a ways off, I'm not sure how well that will work :sweat:.

11. General Mike

General Mike Member

I couid definitely see them stretching out 2 more seasons over the probably 3 years until the next GOTG film comes out. Avengers Assemble debuted a year after The Avengers, and it's 4th season will probably end around the premier of Infinity War, depending on how they air the episodes. I think the bigger question is do they try to bring the cartoon more in line with the movie continuity, or do they forge their own path and maybe give us more of the GOTG characters we haven't seen in the films, like Phyla-Vell and Moondragon, maybe the Wendell Vaughn version of Quasar or bring back Angela.

I do think it will get more episodes since I don't think Marvel will want to make cartoons out of F4 or X-Men, and I'm not sure anybody else they have has enough depth to do 26 episode seasons.

Yay! Third season!

• Agree Agree x 2
    #71 General Mike, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017
  12. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Third season... still the same 5 movie members... and Groot is full Baby Groot now...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. General Mike

General Mike Member

Sounds like season 3 will be very much an A-Team type season. Kinda excited about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So we can look forward too:

- The Guardians, Novas, and The Avengers teaming-up to stop The Magus :eek:.

- Season 3 :D.

- A Guardians: Mission Breakout tie-in o_O.

- A Lego special :anime:.

- The Guardians being separated and getting their own one-shots with different animation styles :cool:.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. General Mike

General Mike Member

The different animation styles concerns me. But it could be good. The Ant-Man shorts were completely different from anything else we've gotten and those were really fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm less worried about the different animation styles themselves then I am whether they have the budget to make them all look good, distinct, and visually appealing :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. General Mike

General Mike Member

That's where my main concern comes from. Everything they've done in the last 5 years or so has had basically the same animation style. USM had the mini Spidey stuff mixed in, which I think I'm the only one who liked, but basically everything has been the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I mean, even the new Spider-Man cartoon looks relatively more cartoony but not all that different from the other cartoons, so I'm not sure how "different" they can be without outsourcing the animation like they did with the shorts o_O.

19. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I bet $5 online dollars that knowing Marvel Thanos will be the villain of season 3 because movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, it sounds like he's in the Lego special at least :).

But I do still want to see a Thanos vs. Warlock showdown happen on the show, especially since it doesn't look like we'll be seeing it happen in the movies :ack:.

• Agree Agree x 1