1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed :sad:.

As long as he looks and feels like Warlock, and they do his character arc justice, I'm good ;).

For the record, I just don't like MAU!Sam. I like the comic version, who I feel hasn't been very well reflected by his animated counterpart, which is why I'm advocating for a revamp/recasting :).

I always wondered if hanging out with this version of The Guardians is how Sam ended up with the personality he had in USM, so maybe this will confirm my theories :p?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I would rather we get Richard Rider instead of Sam :D

Rider is still my favorite Nova. The pre-Sam Alexander run of the Richard Rider/Nova solo series was one of my favorites. Heck, I even read Erik Larsen's short-lived Nova solo-series. Wasn't very good, but I read it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Season 2 sounds interesting looking forward to it.

As for the continuity issue Avengers Assamble season 1 & many things in season 2 didn't happen as far as this show and season 3 of AA is concerned.

In AA season 3 the only mentioned the defeated Thanos, Ultron and Red Skull, the didn't mention how.

So that leaves the only bad one for now is that Tony Stark is supposed to be stuck in a pocket dimensions, but he is here fully alive and well.

It's official ladies and gentlemen the animation has gotten worse.

Mod Note: Double post merged.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #443 bigdaddy313, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  4. Greg91

Greg91 Member

More like, it's official ladies and gentlemen, Mantis is back! :D

I don't see any problems with the animation. Anyway, it's great to see Mantis' believer group (a version of the Universal Church of Truth, I think) taking on the team. Plus that alien screaming sounded like James Arnold Taylor to me. Pretty cool! :cool:

This definitely looks like a stronger episode than the season premiere. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Dang, they kind of just spoiled a major turning point in the episode right there :sweat:.

It's nice to finally see Mantis again, even if it seems like she's still serving as an antagonist for the team here :ack:.

I guess that confirms that Mantis' group is essentially the Universal Church of Truth if they want the Sarcophagus so bad, given who's probably in said sarcophagus :eek:.

I've kind of just accepted that the quality of Marvel animation will be kind of sub-par for their in-house stuff at this point :sad:...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheVileOne

Reporter

Animation doesn't look that much different in that clip...so...

Either way, glad to see Mantis back in the fray.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I
    I wish we saw her fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. TheVileOne

Reporter

She fought with her power of belief.

• Like Like x 1
  9. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I hope we see Free Bird tomorrow since there hasn't been any clips released a few days before its air date.