1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed :sad:.

As long as he looks and feels like Warlock, and they do his character arc justice, I'm good ;).

For the record, I just don't like MAU!Sam. I like the comic version, who I feel hasn't been very well reflected by his animated counterpart, which is why I'm advocating for a revamp/recasting :).

I always wondered if hanging out with this version of The Guardians is how Sam ended up with the personality he had in USM, so maybe this will confirm my theories :p?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I would rather we get Richard Rider instead of Sam :D

Rider is still my favorite Nova. The pre-Sam Alexander run of the Richard Rider/Nova solo series was one of my favorites. Heck, I even read Erik Larsen's short-lived Nova solo-series. Wasn't very good, but I read it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Season 2 sounds interesting looking forward to it.

As for the continuity issue Avengers Assamble season 1 & many things in season 2 didn't happen as far as this show and season 3 of AA is concerned.

In AA season 3 the only mentioned the defeated Thanos, Ultron and Red Skull, the didn't mention how.

So that leaves the only bad one for now is that Tony Stark is supposed to be stuck in a pocket dimensions, but he is here fully alive and well.

It's official ladies and gentlemen the animation has gotten worse.

Mod Note: Double post merged.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #443 bigdaddy313, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  4. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

More like, it's official ladies and gentlemen, Mantis is back! :D

I don't see any problems with the animation. Anyway, it's great to see Mantis' believer group (a version of the Universal Church of Truth, I think) taking on the team. Plus that alien screaming sounded like James Arnold Taylor to me. Pretty cool! :cool:

This definitely looks like a stronger episode than the season premiere. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Dang, they kind of just spoiled a major turning point in the episode right there :sweat:.

It's nice to finally see Mantis again, even if it seems like she's still serving as an antagonist for the team here :ack:.

I guess that confirms that Mantis' group is essentially the Universal Church of Truth if they want the Sarcophagus so bad, given who's probably in said sarcophagus :eek:.

I've kind of just accepted that the quality of Marvel animation will be kind of sub-par for their in-house stuff at this point :sad:...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheVileOne

Reporter

Animation doesn't look that much different in that clip...so...

Either way, glad to see Mantis back in the fray.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I
    I wish we saw her fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. TheVileOne

Reporter

She fought with her power of belief.

• Like Like x 1
  9. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I hope we see Free Bird tomorrow since there hasn't been any clips released a few days before its air date.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Summaries for the next few episodes are now available on Disney ABC Press:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Air Date: 04/08/17
    Black Helmet Woman Air Date: 04/15/17
    Right Place, Wrong Time Air Date: 04/15/17
    Me And You And A Dog Named Cosmo Air Date: 04/15/17
    Can’t Get It Out Of My Head Air Date: 04/15/17
    Rock Your Baby Air Date: 04/15/17

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Whoah, lot to take in here :eek:.
    So Tana Nile is getting revamped as a Rigellian Princess who Drax bonds with. Neat. Should also be a good opportunity for some poignant character moments with Drax :crying:.
    Good to know Nebula is alive and well, and will be back soon. Not to mention working alongside the Guardians for once ;).
    Of course then the next episode has Nebula as an antagonist again...and the High Evolutionary as well, so apparently he escapes the sarcophagus fairly soon. Looking forward to seeing him again though, and I wonder if Nebula will join up with him :evil:?
    So if Cosmo doesn't have his powers...I guess that means he won't be able to communicate with the Guardians normally, since he'll basically be just an ordinary dog again :sweat:.
    Man, the Believers are going to be in like every episode going forward aren't they? I guess the writers are getting a lot of mileage out of them as the new overarching villains o_O.

I'm kind of not surprised to see Guardians doing a zombie episode, though I don't think the Believer's messing with a Celestial's brain is going to end well :ack:.
    I was kind of hoping Warlock would get released from his sarcophagus sooner, though I also wasn't expecting he'd be stuck as a baby when he first got out. I'm sure the Guardians are totally capable of raising and being good role models for a baby Adam Warlock :p.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From Comic Book Revolution's coverage of the Marvel Animation panel at Wonder Con:

Story ideas for episodes that were cut from production:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Guardians raising a baby Adam Warlock sounds hilarious, especially since Drax, of all people, is the only one of them who has any experience raising a baby :p.

It'll be cool to see Nova Prime again :).

The writers not being allowed to use Ego until later on makes sense with what we learned about the rights situation regarding the character and his inclusion in Vol. 2 :ack:.

Though I wonder if that means they made up for it with an Ego story for season 2 ;)?

I'm wondering what they meant about characters tied to licenses they don't have...Bug? Rom the Spaceknight o_O?

"Star-Lord and Gladiator?" Does he mean the Shi'ar Gladiator, or Quill in a gladiator-like setting :confused:?

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheVileOne

Reporter

Writer meant Gladiator of the Shi'Ar.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm kind of curious why they couldn't use Ego. The movie rights shouldn't affect the TV rights, especially since they already used Ego in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. It's a similar thing with characters like Galactus and Silver Surfer, but I guess there's more legal red tape we don't know about.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think it was a TV right issue per se, but Ego being under the Fox umbrella prior to Marvel getting the movie rights back for him for Vol. 2 probably put him under the same embargo that the rest of the Fox-owned Marvel characters are under :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

This embargo is annoying. It restricts Marvel Animation from using characters they already have the rights to use. It makes no sense other than not promoting characters Fox owns the rights to (probably including Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver even though they're in the MCU).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I wonder if Deathshead is one such character.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

You know what's really depressing?

One of the reasons Marvel made this show as a way of giving Disney XD a "top-rated" show. However ever since Season 1, the ratings have slumped big time. Right now it's in the 200,000 - 300,000 viewers range. The kicker? Star Wars Rebels is a far more successful show in terms of ratings and fan-support despite GotG airing right before it. Almost no one is talking about the GotG show on social media and there's only 2 or 3 pieces of fanart ever made for it.

It's really says something when Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. had more attention and better ratings (in the 500,000 range, no joke) than this show. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

In Canada, the Guardians episodes were airing after Star Wars Rebels, so they got to follow-up the hype of episodes like Twin Suns and Zero Hour. Hopefully that helped those episodes ratings wise.

But I know what you mean. When I was checking out social media for the hype surrounding the Twin Suns episode of Star Wars Rebels, I checked to see people talking about Guardians and there was almost no one mentioning it.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.