1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the second installment of the Guardians of the Galaxy News & Discussion Thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! Keep up to date with any news about Marvel's newest animated series, and use this thread to discuss them in a civilized manner!

[​IMG]
    Saturdays on Disney XD

Guardians of the Galaxy series description:
    Guardians of the Galaxy crew details:
    Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Thread:
    "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note: Discussion continued from the previous thread.
    Thoughts about Thanos and Gamora.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder how long until they revive Ronan? I was expecting he'd be back by the end of the second half of the premier, and then Thanos would have him hunt the Guardians, but it seems like his revival is going to be saved for a future episode o_O.

I am very curious to see how they'll revive him...

4. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Episode 3 clip

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

.....I really don't like the Collector's voice.

Anywho, new images and info from upcoming episodes in this link!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh hey, Tom Kenny doing a Benicio Del Toro impression for the rebooted MAU!Collector :p!

"One in a Million You" sounds like it might be fun, and it's nice to have a Rocket focused episode :).

Cool to be seeing the Grandmaster popping up, and I wonder if he'll look relatively the same as in his upcoming ASM appearance, and nd Gamora vs. Drax should hopefully be a good fight :cool:.

Not much to say about "Can't Fight this Seeding" other than hopefully it'll be a good episode ;).

"Undercover Angle" actually sounds like the most interesting of the episodes, considering we have Titus of all people involved in the plot and forcing the Guardians to infiltrate the Black Order of all things :eek:.

I wasn't expecting we'd see the Black Order this early, or at all, though there being "weapons dealers" doesn't sound quite right. I wonder if they've been changed for the show o_O?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheLemsterPju

@Frontier From everything that's been implied by various reports and Wacker, I would imagine this show takes place 5+ years prior to Avengers Assemble Season 1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

This week's episode sounds a bit sketchy (why would Rocket want to work for Collector?) but the rest sound fine. I'm curious how they'll handle the Grandmaster; I liked him in the Infinity Gauntlet graphic novel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh. Interesting. Though the Guardians don't look any older...then again, I guess Peter acts a bit more like a proper leader in Assemble season 2 so maybe it'll end up working out :).

Though if we take Assemble as canon with Guardians, that means they were never able to stop Thanos in those five years and Drax was robbed of his vengeance twice. I do wonder if there might be plans then to cover the Guardians first meeting The Avengers, or if the continuity will just assume that "it was like in the movie" :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great to have some more information on the next episodes. The premise for this week's seems a little weird but it could still turn out pretty good I guess. I'm looking forward to the Black Order making their debut later on, hopefully they will be at least as fun as they were on Avengers Assemble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if this being a "prequel" series to the rest of the MAU, if we take it as that, is why the Black Order sound so different ? In that they're weapons dealers instead of a group of Thanos loyalists o_O.

12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    #12 RoyalRubble, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  13. TheLemsterPju

Screencap'd a couple (poor quality) images from an advertisement on Disney XD for the next few episode. It gives us an "okay" glimpse at Titus and the Grandmaster and how they'll look in the series.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was also an A'askvarian female in the ad (that got kicked by Gamora and looked suspiciously like Myaxx from the Ben 10 franchise), but the picture quality on my camera was too horrible for it to make out. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Titus barely looks like a cat in that pic, though it's probably the angle, and Grandmaster looks relatively similar to how he looked in USM if a lot more stylized :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Titus appeared briefly towards the end of the Drax Origin short, so we technically already know what he looks like since I doubt they would change his design that much from the prequel shorts to the main series. Posted the image in a spoiler because of its size:

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheLemsterPju

The female A'askvarian (if you are able to see her):

Remember that movie line from Peter Quill about the women he slept with?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If she's one of Peter's ex-girlfriends, this will be hilarious :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clip from the next episode:

19. TheLemsterPju

Just a reminder: There's a Marvel Animation panel at NY Comic Con 2015 at 3:00 - 3:45 PM!

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

LOL, I find it funny that they are talking about giving people an "exclusive first look at new episodes from Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man: Web-Warriors" when those new episodes have already aired in other country's. And for the record, I am not endorsing piracy. I'm just saying.

#20 spyke, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.