1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Accidents Will Happen" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 8:00AM ET on Disney XD! Featuring Ronan the Accuser and the Supreme Intelligence!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Accidents Will Happen"
    Episode Debut - March 20th, 2016
    Directed by: Jeff Wamester
    Written by: David McDermott

The Guardians must stop Ronan’s plan to blow up the Kree Supreme Intelligence.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Thor!

I genuinely thought Quill has funny. Him starting a war and slave rebellion in one episode was hilarious.

Captain Victoria was really cool, I hope she appears again.

Really surprised the Kree wouldn't be madder at a failed terrorist attack. That's a pretty chill reaction to "tried to assassinate our leader".

Good episode overall, I hope we see more Galactic politics.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Yeah a Spartax mine almost destroyed their leader and the Kree are like, "Those Spataxians are weird."

I did like Peter and Victoria's bonding showing their different upbringings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Peter's black bae sis is smokin' fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a solid episode, with some decent action, fun moments, and all around fairly enjoyable :).

I did think they could've done more with exploring Peter as prince and meeting his family, which they did do in away, but maybe treated a little more seriosuly :shrug:.

But it was still really interesting meeting Victoria, Peter's younger half-sister, especially given she's a relatively recent character in the comics. Really beautiful design and performance by Cree Summer, conveying her regality and competence quite well against the man-child that is her brother. Also neat that Quill's heroism managed to turn around her opinion of him, and their familial bond, as well as moving more towards his way of thinking. That scene together with them at the end was cute. Though I wonder how that'll go over once she finds out what her father has in store for her brother :eek:?

Thor's cameo was a nice surprise, though I thought he was a little overly aggressive in this episode compared to his usual demeanor. The fact that he and Peter have apparently never met before pretty much confirms that the Guardians, in the context of the show, have yet to meet The Avengers. Heck, for all we know, there aren't any Avengers in this universe :sweat:.

Also nice cameos from Nova Prime and the Rigellian Grand Commissioner ;).

Holy crud, I think this is the creepiest the Kree Supreme Intelligence has ever looked. Props to the design team on that front, especially with those tentacles and that living brain look they gave him :cool:.

I liked the Guardians' Elite Guard uniforms, if only because they reminded me of the Guardians' uniforms from the DnA run. And I guess Drax has never worn a shirt in his life, even back when he was a family man. Guess it must be a fighter thing :p.

Well, of course Peter would prove incompetent and terrible at galactic politics and go overboard when he finds out he has a sister. Immature and Buffoonish is practically his natural state. At least this episode showed that he has a few more morals, and a bit of a better sense of right and wrong, then the Spartax Royalty does, even if that can sometimes be inconsistent. I also thought his prince uniform was cooler then his regular outfit, especially with his mask on, but of course that wouldn't stay :sad:.

Man, Ronan and Nebula's ship gets destroyed a lot. Do they just have a whole fleet of near identical ships and crews stationed somewhere :confused:?

Figures with how radical an extremist Ronan is that even the Supreme Intelligence, who he would ordinarily and traditionally be absolutely loyal to, doesn't go far enough by his standards :ack:.

• Like Like x 2
    #5 Frontier, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good episode. Nice way to continue things with Peter now acting as a Spartaxian Prince and his attempts at some peaceful negotiations. It shouldn't be too surprising those didn't really work out given his personality but it did lead to some pretty amusing lines (at least the first time, I thought the second time at the end of the episode was kind of dumb). Thor's cameo was a nice surprise, and it's a neat way of bringing him into the story after Loki debuted a few episodes ago, and it does look like the Asgardians will play a larger role later on.

Victoria was a pretty nice addition to the show. I liked her, both design-wise and her personality. Plus it was cool how they presented her in contrast to Peter, with the two playing off each other pretty well, and managing to get along by the end of the episode. I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of her either, and I am actually looking forward to seeing more of her as the story progresses. The humor worked for the most part but there were some lines that kind of fell flat.

Ronan's plot to destroy the Kree Supreme Intelligence was decent though I was also expecting it to have more of an impact. It was obvious he would be stopped by the Guardians but the Kree didn't really seem to notice one of their own tried to assassinate their supreme leader. To be fair this plot point may be touched on later in the show but for now it seems kind of odd. Overall the episode was good but some stuff could have been developed some more.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Quill's a real dope in the first part of this episode. That booger comment was too immature, even for him.

Thankfully, things really picked up once the cast got off Spartax, though I did appreciate Thor's appearance as just another cosmic leader rather than the main event.

Victoria was an interesting wrinkle to the Spartaxian royalty plot. Her personality clash was both expected and well-established over the course of the episode. Her warming to Quill was also a natural evolution and felt earned.

It was also nice seeing just how far Ronan's religious and political radicalism go.

I kinda liked that plot point. Where the Kree are so arrogant they are willfully blind to things that are happening right in front. If anyone is going to be completely out of touch with reality, it would be a giant brain in a jar.

• Like Like x 2