1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Damage Control pilot ordered at ABC

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by ShadowGUN, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, when you think about it, the MCU already has a lot of comedy :p.

And I actually first thought of that DC workplace comedy they announced a few months ago as soon as I saw it. Wonder how that's going?

But Damage Control seems like it could be a really fun series that'll fit in well with the MCU, especially considering all the property damage we've seen happen in the movies ;).

And it's great to see something the late great Dwayne McDuffie created getting the live-action treatment :D.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Okay first REAL comedy series then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Honestly, this is long overdue for me. I've been waiting for this for years.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I had just read about Damage Control this week, and thought, "This could be have the same type of audience as Squirrel Girl." Somebody at ABC and Disney might have thought the same thing. It's not just in the MCU that people have wondered about, "What about all that property damage?" 800 episodes of Power Rangers, and yes, its fandom wonders how the various PR cities survive all that mayhem to their downtown cities and all the abandoned warehouses everywhere. Would this show have abandoned warehouses too? :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if we might finally see the debut of the MCU Wrecking Crew, since they're affiliated with Damage Control in the Ultimate universe?

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This could be fun to see, but I'm worried it's going to be nothing but references to the movies and other shows.
    I hope they'll have to clean new incidents, and maybe feature obscure heroes and villains as cameos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They have to keep it fresh so of course it will be new incidents independent of the movies, AOS, and Netflix. But of course they'll pepper in references and maybe even a tie-in. It wouldn't be an right if they didn't bring in some connectivity.

It seems incredulous. 2 ABC shows, 2 ABC pilot orders, 4-5 Netflix in shows in various stages of development, at least 10 movies in various stages of development. Have I died and gone to Nerd Valhalla?

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That, plus all the DC shows, makes this a perfect time to be a comic book fan :D.

Y'know, depending on when this comes out, I wonder if we'll see more of Spider-Man's presence in this series? Since he's probably going to be the most public hero involved in property damage or in brawls on the street in New York on a consistent basis compared to any of The Avengers or Netflix Heroes. We might even get to see more of Spidey's Rogues Gallery pop up, at least the street-level ones :cool:.

Though maybe this might cover some of the adventures the New Avengers have been getting up to before Civil War :)?

10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Could be a fun series, if done right. I've only read a few of the comics.

11. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Leopardon
    is just the thing I could see Spider-man using in this show. In fact, Damage Control might be the perfect way to throw regular giant robot fights into the Marvel universe. Damage Control has to stay in business somehow, right? Regular giant robot fights certainly would cause enough damage for them to always have a job to do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

There's also that new Star Wars movie coming out. :)

I could see Damage Control using stock footage from MCU movies and TV to set up clean up scenes and such.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

On Damage Control, Paul Lee said

• Informative Informative x 1