1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Cloak and Dagger" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Meh, that could be argued for all of Marvel's MCU TV shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or just tv shows in general :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Still aiming for winter 2018. New Warriors and Cloak and Dagger airing back to back is an alternative being considered. They seem to be leaning towards a comedy night and drama night. FYI, she's referring to the Freeform Upfront. That's April 19. So expect more info to pour on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, that can always be argued as 'depends on the genre-demographic-fan-base'. Also the showrunners. Some of these series run on a shotgun basis, or some on a clear overarching methodical style. They can either make a season feel like a complete movie or a long drawn out marathon. Same goes for comics in general. Hopefully we get better writers on these series.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Freeform has released a trailer for the series (it seems like such an incredibly Freeform-ish show)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, that definitely looked like a Freeform teen drama...up until the light and energy dagger popped up :rolleyes2:.

So Tandy and Tyrone met as kids? Is that when the experiment that gave them their powers happened? Is it related to that car crashing into the sea o_O?

I'm also really curious if we're going to see them get proper costumes...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

What a treat to get a trailer already! Looks good so far. Light daggers, check.

Nice touch to throw in a Roxxon reference, simple way to do a first tie-in to the MCU.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Honestly? Hard pass for now.

My gripe with the trailer is you wouldn't know that it's a superhero property besides some select moments. Eh. Not into Riverdale-style teen drama. Maybe the next trailer will raise my interest.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4/21: Well, in order for the MCU to stay interesting they have to at least expand on what kind of genre and demographics they experiment with. The movies have been pretty good with toying with different genres at least on the surface, Netflix as well to an extent. ABC however only had two spy shows but of course toyed with different eras in time and topics but still, just two spy shows. They had the biggest room to grow. I was relieved to see both of Freeform's titles to confirm as much.

It's also a relief to see that C&D is taking place away from NYC, LA, and DC and exploring the MCU's New Orleans. Like how Legion didn't overly rely on the X-Men roots - sort of story+characters first, universe later, I think C&D can work by not overly relying on Avengers but still tie into the greater world like the Netflix shows -- which is ironic because of the revelation there that the Hand and Roxxon are associated in drugs and in this trailer - a Roxxon billboard and I think in the Ultimate comics, Roxxon and drugs were involved in C&D's origins.

So was a car crash if I'm not mistaken. But that shot in the trailer were Tyrone sees something -- I think it was a ferry with cars on it? But is it going to work -- we'll see. The last title with 10 episodes was Agent Carter season 2 and I don't think very highly of it.

5/13: Mark Isham will score.

6/8: Rumor is Freeform already renewed C&D for a second season.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess they must have a lot of confidence in it or are very open to quick renewals :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

6/8: Production Weekly revealed that Cloak & Dagger films the rest of its first season from July to October.

6/14: On Sunday, Aubrey Joseph posted a photo of himself on the roof of or near the Ritz Carlton. Looks like a shot from the trailer. Not sure if they resumed filming early or this is just him reminiscing about the pilot.

7/18: Olivia Holt interview
    7/27: Filming resumed on July 24. They are currently at the Le Pavillon Hotel.

8/8: Filming location sign found.

8/15: Casting calls and a Laura Campbell audition video implies Father Francis Xavier Delgado and Detective Brigid O’Reilly will be appearing in a recurring role.

8/22: BTS photo with Holt and Joseph.

9/12: An instagram stumbled onto a set and posted two photos, here and here.

9/13: During New York Comic Con, Freeform will preview the show at an 'activation zone' at the corner of 11th and 37th Street from October 5-8.

9/28: Holt and Joseph say hello from the set.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

NYCC poster.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess (barring any surprises) this will probably be the closest we get to Superhero costumes for the pair...

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator