1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "World War Hulk" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "World War Hulk"
    Episode Debut - November 20th, 2016
    Directed by: Tim Eldred
    Written by: Jacob Semahn

The Avengers must stop an out-of-control Red Hulk as he threatens to destroy an entire town.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
  2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Kirby Hulk ftw

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

Mic drops on Marsh by Hulk and Tony!

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

One of the strongest episodes, I thought (no pun intended). I liked the appearances both Silver Age Hulk and the Kluh. The fights were good and I liked the Banner subplot.

My one minor nitpick is Marsh. He complains about the Red Hulk being proof that Hulks are uncontrollable and can't be trusted, without the writers pointing out HE'S THE ONE WHO PUT RED HULK ON THE TEAM. I'd be tempted to think this was the writer intentionally painting Marsh as a hypocrite, except nobody points out this obvious logic hole.

Otherwise, really liked this episode.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Super-duper metal Hulk at the end looked awesome. One could only imagine how ungodly powerful he would have been in that state.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. The fights against the out of control Red Hulk were cool. Seeing the Avengers in action did lead to some neat scenes. I didn't particularly care for the "Hulkbuster armors for everyone" moment but it was kind of cool seeing the different armor designs. Plus all of them were pretty much destroyed by the end of the episode so they were harmless enough.

Hulk's side-story with him talking to Banner was pretty good. I also liked how they handled his friendship with Black Widow. I don't see it turning into a romance or anything, and that's fine with me. Hulk's different designs in this episode were cool. Likewise, his fight with Red Hulk and the scene where he confronted Marsh. And I liked how in the end the others stood up to Marsh as well and refused putting the collar on Hulk again. Though it makes me wonder why they accepted it the first time around...

Marsh was more annoying here than in the last two episodes, and that's saying something. He didn't even acknowledge the fact he's the one who put Red Hulk on the team in the first place. I still find it weird that he's apparently a straight-up official Government agent and not a villain in disguise. But I guess we'll see what happens in future episodes. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints about the episode.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

They go through all the trouble of establishing The Leader as one-step ahead of everyone, but he didn't plan for Giant-Sized Red Hulk being disobedient?

The Banner moments were great and I like that Red Hulk was more than willing to admit his mistakes, accepting some form of punishment and admit that Hulk was the better man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Marsh is a strawman, plain and simple! He's a one dimensional caricature of government representatives to make the actual authority look bad. This character is a vindictive, self righteous, self important hack that just makes us want him to go the heck away!

Another thing that bugs me is that they keep pushing this... kind'a sort'a romantic gig between Hulk and Widow; sorry but it just doesn't click.

Other than that most of the episode was decent. Those fights were pretty cool, and it does at least help explore the psyche of Bruce and his moral influence for the Hulk.

6/10.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree the Leader wasn't as impressive here as he was in the last episode. Not being able to predict his own creation turning against himself was kind of dumb. Whatever happened to Leader anyway, after Red Hulk smashed him into the ground? They pretty much forgot about him for the rest of the story. I wonder if we'll see them again this season.

Also, it looks like in-universe, Hulk's & Doctor Strange's movie made it in cinemas. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This felt a lot like an Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode in many ways, which might have contributed to why it was so strong and enjoyable overall :).

I mean, we had a mental projection of Banner talking to Hulk throughout the episode, Hulk taking on Red Hulk and rallying around the fact that he's an Avenger, and even Widow and Hulk's close relationship and her being able to help control him, while obviously a reference to and a better use of one of the more lackluster elements in Age of Ultron, feels evocative of Hulk and Wasp's relationship from EMH :anime:.

Heck, Hulk's transformation into a more classic looking Hulk (minus the purple pants, unfortunately) made him look more like his EMH design :D.

Well Leader reaped what he sowed in a very satisfying manner :rolleyes2:.

Giving the rest of the team their own Hulkbuster armors felt like the kind of silly thing you would see in a cartoon obviously trying to sell toys to kids. I'm legitimately surprised they had enough sense not to give Thor his own armor. And they barely even did anything in the episode, so I kind of have to question what was the point of including them o_O?

Though, Hulkbusters aside, The Avengers vs. a rampaging Red Hulk and Hulk vs. Red Hulk were some particularly brutal and great fight scenes :cool:.

That Red Hulk's ultimate goal seemed to be fighting The Hulk may perhaps speaks to how, at his core Ross wants nothing more then to fight The Hulk to the bitter end, in-spite of how much he's changed or their relationship has :ack:.

I wasn't expecting them to include Hulk's Kluh form from the AXIS event, so that was cool. I kinda wish they had done more with it, though granted that event probably doesn't deserve much of a spotlight in any form :rolleyes:.

Is there really anything left to be said about Marsh at this point? He's a jerk, a hypocrite, and the most callous, obstructive, and unlikable bureaucrat you could ever find in a cartoon. I hope he has nothing to do with inciting the Civil War conflict because I can't believe anyone would legitimately side with him or a government that would put him in charge of running The Avengers. I can't believe Sam thought for a second that Marsh could actually have a point :mad:.

And I'm still not seeing where Civil War or any kind of team dissension is going to come from, since the team seems as strong and united as they've ever been, particualrly against the government trying to encroach on them. Granted, the government cracking down on the heroes came with very little buildup so maybe it'll be the same for the division in the Superhero community :shrug:?

And this actually did a better job of focusing on Hulk and using the Hulk/Banner dynamic then that movie did :p.

I assume Leader was picked up by the authorities and is on his way to the Vault, though it feels like something they should've covered while Red was getting carted off. I doubt we'll be seeing him again, at any rate :sweat:.

• Like Like x 2
  11. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

It was a nice episode..but i was really really really hoping to see any new characters beside the 7 avengers....like agents of smach..inhumans...thunderbolts..new avengers..
    Why introduce them in the 1st half of the season without using them again...its the 3rd season and still the same 7 avengers..it get BORING..
    In contrast to young justice...its was so powerful and full of DC characters.which increase more in the 2nd season..Glad its back

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yep, Me too, Hope they increase the character roster even more in Season 3!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It almost feels kind of silly to think of this as a Word War Hulk adaption since, outside Superheroes hopelessly fighting against a rampaging Hulk, this had absolutely nothing in common with the comic storyline. I mean, I can understand using the name, but Wacker shouldn't have called this an adaption in my opinion :shrug:.

That being said, Hulk in Kluh form at the end did feel kinda World Breaker-ish :eek:.

Y'know, it's kind of interesting to think that this has probably been one of Red Hulk's strongest outings in the current cartoons, and it involved him in an antagonist role, facing off against The Hulk. I wonder if there's something to that :rolleyes2:?

I also think it would've been interesting if Hulk drained enough of Ross's Gamma Energy to revert him back to human form...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Part of my problem is that (a) I am not a huge Red Hulk fan (although the AEMH version was perhaps the best). Clearly, Agents of SMASH has been tossed out onto the dustbin; this is clearly not THAT Red Hulk (which bugs me from a "showing disrespect for your own works" kind of perspective). The Red Hulk presented here has no redeeming characteristics, and the audience has no investment in him - so his ultimate fate really doesn't carry any gravitas.

Watching Hulk VS Red Hulk, when Red Hulk is "gamma poison" enhanced in terms of strength, was really kind of annoying. Hulk is top of the strength food chain, Thor is that strong as well - but somehow Red Hulk is more powerful still. Yawn. It just... didn't work for me, on any level.

And the poor-man Gyrinch is merely annoying, especially given there really is no legal pretext for his assuming "control" - especially when its clear he only has as much control as the Avengers grant him.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well...I wouldn't go that far. The character design, voice, and basic personality are the same, so it's definitely MAU Ross/Red Hulk, Assemble just seems to have ignored some of the character development he had in SMASH.

They did establish a legal precedent in the episode Marsh debuted in. The "Super Powers Act" signed by the president apparently gives him (and the government) that kind of control over The Avengers :ack:.

16. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

You know it... Marsh is Ultron! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No, the appearance, character design, and basic personality are the same as the common source material - only the voice points to SMASH, really. And using the same voice actor is probably a pragmatic rather than a creative choice - working with a known quantity already under contract )

I sit corrected. Aside from the obvious legality of the "Super Powers Act"... but honestly, apart from myself and Mark Gruenwald (R.I.P.), who would want an episode about non-violent civil disobedience and legal wrangling at trial?

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well they usually try to keep the VA's consistent across the cartoons, despite the dubious continuity between the show's. Clancy Brown has played Ross/Red Hulk in both SMASH and Ultimate Spider-Man, and now Avengers Assemble.

They only tend to change VA's when they either retcon or retool the character so much that it necessitates a new VA, or when they need to recast a character with someone who they can more consistently use going forward (which tends to happen with characters that have been stunt-casted with TV or movie actors).

I'd say a more obvious pragmatic casting choice was bringing back James C. Mathis III as Black Panther, rather then casting a new VA, since he and Fred Tatasciore are the only VA's to carry over to Assemble.
    Well, I'm sure they could make it interesting if they tried :rolleyes2:.

#18 Frontier, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  19. Miro95

Miro95 New Member

So, next up is Civil War?

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

There's arguably nothing legal at all about superhero groups and costumed vigilantes doing what they do on a daily basis. As Batman said, "We've always been criminals." Except for the rare occasions where the Avengers or other groups have acted as a government-sanctioned superhero group.

In the real world you feasibly couldn't have people with super-powers acting without any type of oversight, even if their goals were benevolent or of a philanthropic nature.

• Like Like x 1