1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Under Siege" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

50.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

50.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD! Hawkeye versus Zemo and the Masters of Evil!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Under Siege"
    Episode Debut - April 3rd, 2016
    Directed by: Tim Eldred
    Written by: Matt Wayne

Hawkeye must defend the Avengers Tower from Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Got to give Beetle credit, he can take a hit. Usually only dudes like Hyperion, Attuma and Black Dwarf can take a hit from both Thor and Hulk in the same episode. Dude was shocked, hit with a steel beam, hit by the floor, grabbed by a giant, hit by a repulsor blast all in one episode.

Screaming Mimi yelling over the radio was hilarious. She and Fixer's lil thing going on was hot. Need more villain couples like Abtania.

Hawkeye was really cool this episode, I liked how he used everyday items to survive. His fight with Zemo was awesome, Hawkeye can fight pretty well, he did better than Widow and Stark against Zemo.

Moonstone seems underpowered, no use of her super strength (unless you count her punching Thor). Black Widow tricking her was hilarious and really in character.

The "unbreakable" handcuffs are back!

Surprised Zemo didn't try to rescue Red Skull. He's locked up in Avengers tower right?

Great episode overall, action was on point. Plot was simple but engaging, great team fight. Show is really getting better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    #2 Capt.Traphouse, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Anyone catch who that was voicing Moonstone?

Uh, what??

4. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

At least give them a shot. Refusing to watch something because it's popular is never a good reason. Well to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll probably post more thoughts later on, but in short I liked the episode. Hawkeye was used pretty well here and his one on one fight with Zemo was cool. The Masters of Evil were entertaining enough. Neat how everyone was surprised just how effective the villains were under Zemo's guidance.

The fight scenes were good, and I thought it was nice they focused mostly on only one of the Avengers again for the most part of the episode. It wasn't as entertaining as last week's episode but it was still a solid story which seems to set the stage nicely for the next couple of adventures.

Plus, some nice foreshadowing that Screaming Mimi might have a change of heart soon due to Hawkeye's heroics.

My favorite bit was Cap running into Zemo in that hallway, and punching him without any hesitation. :p

EG Daily, a.k.a. the original voice of Buttercup (and a lot of other cartoon characters over the years). Here's the full cast for this episode:

• Like Like x 3
  6. strugler

strugler Member

Pretty good episode. Ultron revolution is defintely way better than previous seasons of asssemble. I just hope we get multi episodes arc kind of how guardains of the galaxy now has.

Used to find hawkeye annoying but loved him in this ep. Him vs zemo was highlight of the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And, Marvel-wise, she was Mockingbird in Earth's Mightiest Heroes ;).

Solid casting for Moonstone, though kinda funny that she goes from voicing a blonde Superhero who's Hawkeye's wife in the comics to voicing a blonde Supervillain who ends up being Hawkeye's lover in the Thunderbolts :p.

Rick Wasserman as Fixer was...weird. For one, I never imagined that voice for Fixer, even though I think he did a good job, and it's kind of distracting because it's the same exact voice he used for Absorbing Man in Earth's Mightiest Heroes :sweat:.
    Fixer did stick up for her against Moonstone, and there was that moment where Mimi had her arms over him, though personally I'm pulling for Beami (BeetlexMimi) :).

• Like Like x 3
    #7 Frontier, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Dude how? In episode 1, Beetle dropped her like a fake pair of jordans when she jumped in his arms lol.

Opposites don't really attract, not sure how Mimi is going to like a dude who has only had 1-2 lines despite being in multiple episodes of different shows lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, in fiction opposites do tend to attract quite a bit, and I expect we'll be hearing more from Beetle once he becomes Mach-IV ;).

And Mimi did give Beetle a nice look after he caught her, in-spite of just dropping her afterwards and they seem to pair up quite a bit in this episode :).

It probably helps that the relationship is also canon in the comics :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #9 Frontier, Apr 3, 2016
  10. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I liked this one, though it feels weird watching this after this week's Robots in Disguise episode which has a similar plot ("villains lead the heroes away from the base so they can sneak in").

Show doesn't get much out of Hawkeye's uncanny aim beyond archery, so that was nice to see on display.

Those connections are always odd when they crop up.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a solid episode, and continuing the consistently strong quality of Ultron Revolution, with some nice action sequences, good character interactions, great use of villains and development of said villains, and decent use of Hawkeye (for once) :).

As an "Under Siege" adaption, I thought it was decent to okay. I feel like we could've seen The Avengers be more on the ropes and see more visible damage and defeat done to the Tower and the team by the Masters, but otherwise it was still a good episode even if I think I still prefer how the comic and EMH handled it :ack:.

Anybody who reads the Assemble threads know how hard I am on this shows version of Hawkeye, but to their credit I thought the creators used the character quite well here. If any character fit a "Die Hard" style plot, it's Clint, and seeing him avoiding and fighting the Masters while using whatever he could get on hand in the tower was pretty cool :cool:.

It was also nice to see them bring up his past with the Circus of Crime and as a criminal, and play that off a low-level crook like Screaming Mimi. Sure, from her perspective, it looks like he just cut a deal, sold out his fellow criminals, and got a nice cushy life with The Avengers, but for all his bluster and general jerkiness, Hawkeye generally enjoys being a good guy and helping people, which itself is its own reward. Maybe Hawkeye isn't the type of person who I could buy inspiring or convincing anyone of something, but I could see the effect his words and actions would have on Mimi :).

Y'know even when they're not the Thunderbolts yet, and maybe not as impressive as the Earth's Mightiest Heroes Masters of Evil roster, I find myself really growing to like this group. They certainly are the rag-tag bunch of misfits that others describe them as, and most of the group don't seem to be the brightest tools in the shed, but getting to see the team together, their personalities, their bickering, Zemo rallying and inspiring them to be better and actually seeing them go on and do that was actually kind of endearing ;).

And it's always nice to see more female Supervillains and having them play a big, substantial, role, and I was really happy to see Moonstone make her debut here :D.

While it was cool to see Hawkeye fight Zemo, and do pretty well, I kind have to question Clint doing so well against someone who gave, Iron Man, Widow, and Captain America a hard time. Maybe it was the home-court advantage that helped Clint, but it was still hard to buy for me :shrug:.

I assume the facial recognition device Zemo obtained is going to help him carry out the Thunderbolts' masquerade :eek:.

"You always have to try?" Really? Can't say I've really seen The Avengers ever try to talk villains out of their criminal lifestyle before this episode o_O.

Hawkeye Screw-up Counter: For an episode where he was generally pretty on-point, the arrow he used to counteract Mimi's sonic attack backfired and his lack of attention helped the Masters of Evil slip into Avengers Tower undetected.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #11 Frontier, Apr 3, 2016
  12. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Another solid episode... please Marvel, don't ruin it, don't ruin it, don't ruin it :p

Anyway... I would have liked to see more Masters of Evil, not only those who will become The Thunderbolts... would have been interesting see the reaction of the villains who were not chosen by Zemo for his T-Bolts charade, even see them as villains of the team... not to mention that it would be less suspicious.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

It's an okay episode. It does demonstrate how Clint is a competent character despite how impotent he acts in most episodes.

But for me personally, Mimi stole the show here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Speaking of Hawkeye, props to the writers for not making some gross foot joke like Man of Action would have done in Season 1.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #14 TheLemsterPju, Apr 3, 2016
  15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

One thing I definitely liked was them showing how he could use anything as a weapon, even a piece of pizza. It's not really explored much in the comics, but he's been shown to use anything from quarters to his own fingernails as weapons when he's been stripped of his bow.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

He's not on Bullseye's level, but he is up there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, it was definitely nice to see Clint show off why he's known as the worlds' greatest marksman ;).

Well, it probably doesn't help that he's trying not to kill anyone, which Bullseye has no compunction over :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Well, I'm surely not the only one who noticed it, but it's clear that Baron Zemo stole the device from Tony's vault for his plan about the Thunderbolts. I'm pretty sure that with that device, the Thunderbolts will be perfectly able to hide their true identities as the Masters of Evil.

19. Capt. Speedbump

JB Blanc voices Wrecker in EMH, not Rick Wasserman.

Anyway, I'm glad they're introducing the Masters of Evil team that will become the Thunderbolts, but considering the title and description of the very next episode, I think they might be rushing things a bit. You have 26 episodes a season; what's your hurry?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I checked and he was actually Absorbing Man, which is the voice I was really recognizing :sweat:.

Still weird to hear him using that voice for Fixer though...

• Like Like x 1