1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "U-Foes" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 6, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. ****1/2

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Yeah it was deliberate, but their origin in the first place was deliberately tied to Fantastic Four anyway, so it's not like some huge revelation.

Besides the U-Foes are bad guys anyway. So it makes sense to have villains who are basically the anti-Fantastic Four fight the Avengers. I doubt it was some huge insult to the higher-ups or Fox.

Sooner or later, these times with X-men and Fantastic Four will be over. Everything is going back to Marvel eventually. It may not happen a year or two years from now. But ultimately, that's what will happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #21 TheVileOne, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

But movie rights issues! Or something!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

When A:EMH featured the FF in episode appearances, the rights were already gone for the movies - and yet, they were still allowed to do it. So I doubt (although I could be wrong) that its actually a legal/rights issue, more like what some people have observed is Marvel's policy of suppression to lessen the value of the brand until the rights revert to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think there's any doubt Marvel Animation has the animation rights to every Marvel character, as much as they might like you to think otherwise, but it does seem like they're marginalizing or ignoring characters with certain movie rights...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

That is so true man, and that's one of the things Marvel related that really frustrates me, that they keep relying on the success of the movies so much they let it dictate their creative decisions in other projects. If not for this childish bad blood between them and Fox, I sincerely long to see the X-men and FF in animation again; and if not for that one dimensional non-canon character that is Hope Van Dyne, Janet Van Dyne should make a come back in animation as well; and since the Marvel Netflix shows are canon with the MCU anyway, we should see the defenders in animation as well, even if it is kid friendly.

And it doesn't just apply to animation, but in the comics themselves. Don't get me wrong, I like the comics they've been putting up so far, but there's always this sense of dictation from the movies that affects the status quo, sometimes for better sure, but other times for the worse; or at least unnecessary. No this isn't me being against change, change CAN be good, but only if there's something that absolutely NEEDS to be changed.

Sorry, I don't mean to vent, but Marvel really should just let the movies be their own thing and just focus more on making good animated shows and movies, with good animation and good voice acting that can tell good stories with more interesting or likable characters. Even if they do want to implement elements from the movies as subtle nods, that's fine, but I'd rather if they didn't oversaturate them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Except maybe ROM the Spaceknight, the Micronauts (whom Hasbro is currently making an animated series for), Godzilla, NFL Superpro for sure, and the Shogun Warriors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I'd love to see ROM more. ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

ROM is great! I'm waiting on IDW to release trades of the original Marvel run, since back issues are steadily becoming more expensive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Toy comics are a little different, as Marvel licensed those characters from the manufacturers. The original work remains theirs, but they can't really do much without permission from the IP owner (

• Agree Agree x 2