1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "The Kids Are Alright" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 7, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. ****1/2

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD! Kamala Khan, the new Ms. Marvel makes her debut!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "The Kids Are Alright"
    Episode Debut - August 7th, 2016
    Directed by: Phil Pignotti
    Written by: Eugene Son

Captain America and Iron Man partner with new and young Inhumans – Inferno and Ms. Marvel – to stop another Inhuman, The Ghost, from stealing Friday.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It's kind of funny how Cap and Tony deal with Ms. Marvel and Inferno after considering all of the other kid heroes and Falcon. Heck, most of the heroes in this world probably can't vote.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ms. Marvel's an Inhuman? That's news to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

The second one, Kamala Khan is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A pretty solid episode all-around, and a little more low-key compared to the last episode, with a good debut of a fan-favorite hero, plenty of fun character moments and humor, as well as some cool action sequences :).

I wonder if we're seeing the seeds for Civil War arc already, with the reaction between Steve and Tony to the Nuhumans? As a whole Steve seemed far more accepting and supportive of the Nuhmans, and the Inhumans in general, then Tony has, at least before the end of the episode :ack:.

Will the conflict be over what to do with all the new Inhumans that are popping up, and all the kids who have powers now? Will Royal Family want them to all join their people and live in Attilan, upsetting world leaders who want their citizens to stay where they are or blaming the Inhumans for turning their people into (basically) Mutants :eek:?

I thought the show did a pretty good job of making the Ghost really cool in this episode, though the Inhuman level power upgrade they gave him probably helped. I liked that they acknowledged his status as an Iron Man villain, and you can see some of the more tech-based version of Ghost with those bombs of his, while proving that he can be a major, Avengers-level, threat on his own as he tore through the heroes and came pretty close to destroying Avengers Tower. Jim Cummings did a great job as the Ghost's voice, surprising as that casting may be, conveying the menace and creepiness of the character quite well :evil:.

FRIDAY is the the "ultimate, advanced, AI?" What does that make JARVIS/Vision and Ultron, then? Was FRIDAY just the only one Ghost felt confident he could grab o_O?

I kinda don't see what Tony's issue with Inferno and Ms. Marvel were. I mean, he scoffed at the possibility of them being Avengers (even though we know Ms. Marvel is joining next season), but it's not like The Avengers here have ever made a big deal about age requirements. They didn't even know Sam was 18 when he joined, and Dante's probably exactly that age given he was looking at colleges, and they didn't know how old Spidey was when they offered him membership (though given he was involved with SHIELD's young hero group, it's pretty easy to assume he's a minor) :confused:.

Rage could probably have joined in this continuity and nobody would've batted an eye :p.

He also seemed generally, and unfairly, irritable towards them for most of the episode. I guess some of it you could chalk to the fact that he hadn't gotten any sleep, and the property damage and inexperience Inferno presented against that Ultron drone, but it still felt like a little much coming from Tony. I don't think he's ever been that dismissive toward younger heroes before, which is kind of funny in light of the Civil War movie, and it his coming around to them at the end felt a little tacked on and unearned since we didn't really get to see a moment that really changed his opinion by the time he's supporting Ms. Marvel while she's holding the roof :shrug:.

I don't really think Tony was that much of a "tough guy" before he became Iron Man, given he probably never got into a fight or in any action before he was kidnapped by terrorists and became Iron Man. Unless they meant "tough" in a business or intellect sense, which I guess would make more sense, though you didn't see anybody worried about Sam contributing without his Falcon suit :rolleyes2:.

Inferno (still whitewashed?) in this episode felt like a fusion of the Human Torch and Prince Zuko from Avatar, with the flame-based powers, cocky attitude, and the way his firepowers came off felt very Firebender-ish. Seeing him be so gung-ho about being a hero and in front of The Avengers also felt like a big shift from his last appearance, short as it was, where he seemed more unsure of himself and what was going on. It was also interesting to see him paired with Kamala in this episode, because I don't think she and Dante have ever directly met in the comics :cool:.

The highlight and big debut of the episode, both for the show and Marvel Animation as a whole, was obviously Ms. Marvel, and I have to say I was pretty satisfied with how she was handled. She looked pretty much straight from the comics, which is good since she has a pretty cool look to begin with, and the show did a great job of conveying her powers. The moment she came in with an "Embiggen!" certainly put a big smile on my face :D.

It did feel like she had a little more attitude then she's usually portrayed with, but otherwise they got her personality down fairly well as a spunky, excitable, Superhero fangirl, who's dedicated to being a hero and kicking bad guy butt. I loved that moment where she had a squee at Cap complimenting her, and her smashing Ghost multiple times with her giant fist :anime:.

So if Cap and Iron Man are neck-and-neck for Kamala's third favorite hero, and Captain Marvel is very likely #1, I wonder who has the second spot? Spider-Man? Black Panther? Hulk :sweat:?

Hey, Hawkeye's mask! You'd think Kamala would totally have been geeking out at getting to hold it, rather then being disappointed, and I liked Clint taking offense to the diss on his old look. Better a mask then generic purple shades in my honest opinion ;).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Ms. Marvel being Inferno's friend/partner was surprising. I also found it amusing that they didn't send them to the SHIELD academy at the end.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We never did see Molecule Kid ever again after they sent him off :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Likes.
    - Ms. Marvel
    - Ghost
    - Better animation for the most part

Dislikes.
    - The tip scene
    - The habit of selfies
    - No one referencing Carol Canders
    - That scene with Thor's room. I mean I get why the kids got uppity with Tony's attitude, but he was still trying to look out for everyone and stop Ghost.

Also, I wonder what Kamala's select number of favorite heroes actually is.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I admit, I got a bit of a chuckle out of that and Tony trying to save that piano :p.

I'm a millenial and I still don't understand the appeal of selfies, so Kamala's constantly doing them did nothing for me :sweat:.
    Don't you mean Carol Danvers ;)?

I imagine she's probably Kamala's #1 hero :).
    That's the thing with Tony...even when he means well, or has a good point, he usually comes off like a total tool in doing so :ack:.
    Agreed :anime:.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually liked this episode a lot more than the last one. Inferno and Ms. Marvel are both likable, so I hope they appear again, and Ghost was a lot more fun to watch than Ultron with his OP powers.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Fury probably put him on ice like he did to Graviton in EMH.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

They should've given that snobbish rich guy a monocle then have it pop off when Cap got sharp with him. If you're gonna go cliche, then go all the way.

They wanted to convey that Tony was tired and cranky, but Adrian Pasdar always sounds tired on this show so it doesn't work.

Other than that, this was fine. No more, no less.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Great episode. Loved Kamala Khan! She was adorable in this. :D

I kinda expected this show to make reference to Hawkeye's purple mask at some point; not counting the *EMH* flashback from "Molecule Kid".

Speaking of Molecule Kid...

I assume his training was in private (possibly to keep the wand away from the public eye, in case anyone wanted to steal it again).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And Troy Baker always sounds whiny as Hawkeye, so even when Clint's actually portrayed well like he has been in the last few episodes, he still feels off :sweat:.
    Or *EMH inspired* flashback ;).
    Spidey's people could probably have used him on numerous occasions...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Molecule Kid's power is so broken, they'd have to constantly be coming up with ways to sideline him. Like they do with Cloak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or hit him hard with the Worf Effect like they do with Thor this season :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode.

- I liked Ms. Marvel. She was a fun new character who got some pretty cool moments throughout the episode. Being a fan of certain super-heroes was a neat approach and did lead to some amusing lines and ways to interact with the others, though she managed to shine in most of the action scenes as well. Her powers were cool and I thought her and Inferno made a pretty good team here.
    - Iron Man and Captain America's different views on the Inhumans were a pretty good idea but they seemed to set all that aside by the end of the episode. It would be interesting if this will lead to some more stories later on, though.
    - I was hoping wither Tony or Cap would mention something along the lines of having a friend who used to call herself Ms. Marvel, but she goes by Captain these days. Even a little mention of Carol would have been nice.
    - Ghost was a decent adversary. I liked how they mentioned he was already one of Iron Man's foes before becoming an Inhuman. I'm probably wrong but the way he talked about being a "visionary" made me think he'll be somehow involved in Vision's creation in this continuity.
    - Some of the humor worked (Cap's "moxie" line, Iron Man saving a piano, just about everything Ms. Marvel said or did), but other gags were a little forced (most notably, the guy wanting to tip Cap for saving his life).
    - Hawkeye's old mask was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of it. Speaking of which, neat mention of Clint revealing he has some knowledge of fixing tech stuff, since he makes his own arrows. Similarly, I would have liked seeing more of the memorabilia inside the Avengers Tower basement.

• Like Like x 2
  18. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Now you reminded me of that wonderful Venture Bros episode where Doc had a yard sale. MODOK arrives and haggles with Bruce over gamma amplifiers and suddenly Hulks out when he finds out that his figurines "accidentally" wound up on sale. Squirrel Girl, Spidey, and White Tiger setup a lemonade stand right next to sale to raise quick cash. Ant-Man brings over his old junk, but can't find any buyers. The possibilities are endless...

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Ghost voiced by Jim Cummings was the best thing in this episode.

• Like Like x 1
  20. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

That's because this series ignores and retcons past episodes as the series goes on.

As for the episode itself, it was good. However, there was one animation era. When Ghost got rid of Cap's shield, a few minutes later Cap was shown carying his shield as he and the others were running through the hallway, but then the shield disappeared again after the Ghost blew up the floor.

• Like Like x 1