1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "The Inhuman Condition" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 31, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "The Inhuman Condition"
    Episode Debut - July 31st, 2016
    Directed by: Tim Eldred
    Written by: Tom Pugsley

The Avengers must team up with the Inhumans to stop their old foe, Ultron, who plans to unleash a dangerous weapon onto the Earth.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Seeing how they've twice had a show's team goofball get googoo eyed about Crystal, I'd almost be surprised if Hawkeye didn't, should they cross paths. It still feels odd seeing the Inhumans get this much of a push on TV. Having Widow contemplate how damaging her KGB upbringing or Inferno's terrigen exposure have been is a nice touch. This episode built to a nice big climactic moment. It was nice to see the first appearance of Ms Marvel during that as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #2 Rick Jones, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  3. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

A lot went on so I'll list my Top 8 thoughts:

- Ultron using Tony as back up generator was Nighthawk status planning. Good stuff! Thor destroying him felt cheesy but he'll always be back. Black Widow changing his beam was awesome too. This was a great episode and the action wasn't bad despite having all the Avengers.

- Thor exists to only get bodied. 3 seasons in and they still don't know what to do with him. He's as strong as Hulk but is like Vegeta where he spends most of his time getting beat up until the plot commands him to be awesome.

- This episode is AA at its finest. Plots aren't complex but they're fun and enjoyable. This show will never be like Justice League, AEMH or YJ in terms of plot but I feel that's somewhat okay. Ultron is a super fun villain and I like how he's slowly becoming more like his movie personality where he's a smug and snarky villain with quips like "I'm sorry did you say something?" or "bad doggie". His facial expressions are priceless especially when Lockjaw teleported behind him or when he blew off his own foot.

- The Black Widow and Hulk semi-debate/ conversation was nice. I like their dynamic and while Marvel and Wacker have basically ruled out romances on the show, I like how they're at least interacting. I'm glad the show is taking more time to weigh the psychological and essentially human conditions around their plots.

- Even with Ultron the Inhumans are still a boring X-Men imo but this episode showed that Black Bolt is kind of cool. Him getting beaten off screen by Ultron was whack. YJ would have shown that fight, no matter how short it was.

- Is it just me or does Marvel really not care about killing people on screen now? The Black Order vaporized that alien guard and Ultron murdered the Seeker/ "phase shifted him". I like this change. I'm not saying have super gory deaths but at least make your villains look like they don't care about life. Human or Inhuman lol.

- To add on to my boy Rick Jones, I'm glad we didn't get a super creepy "hit on Crystal even though she's obviously not interested" plot. Those are tiresome.

- Did we just see a Triton redesign? Kamala Khan? The brown skinned woman looked a bit too old imo but maybe we'll just get another redesign next episode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Triton looks drastically different from what we've seen so far in these animated shows but that's usually the case with MAA.

I thought the brown skinned lady looked a bit old for Kamala as well but I had the same feeling when I saw the design from that SDCC panel pic. It's kind of what they did with 17 year old Falcon as well, who looked no different in age from the other Avengers. The general look and the lightning bolt felt like hints that this was her.

This treatment of on-screen death is pretty neat. I'm not bloodthirsty or anything but it helps the show to feel less like sanitized kiddie fare and presents actual danger.

They still haven't gotten across why the Inhumans are so special but this show continues to become progressively more impressive. It's a far cry from Season 1.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

That was definitely Kamala. The outfit is the civilian one she wears and the scene was a pretty decent recreation of the one in the actual comics where she first gets exposed to the mists.

Very strong episode overall. Even though Thor got chumped a lot I did like that he was the one to defeat Ultron. Actually, using the hammer to maneuver him in front of the blast was uncharacteristically smart for this show's version of Thor, so kudos.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a pretty good episode! The writing was on-point, the action was solid, some nice character moments, and fairly good progression on the plot ;).

You can tell this episode was made with Avengers: Age of Ultron in mind when you have references to Natasha's past as a ballerina (which I really liked), focus on her relationship with Hulk, and Ultron's big plan to wipeout humanity involving a giant floating piece of land. But I guess compared to some of the other movie references these cartoons, these felt a a bit less intrusive and a little more natural, which was nice :).

People with powers they didn't ask for that suddenly awakens in them and completely changes their lives? And in a world that doesn't understand them that well? That totally doesn't sound like the X-Men at all :p.

Widow and Hulk pairing up felt a tad random (almost as random as the pairing in the movie) but I thought the creators handled it fairly well by showing their contrasting viewpoints on the whole Inhuman issues. Both were turned into who they are now against their will, but while Natasha still holds onto the trauma of what the Red Room did to her, and doesn't want anyone to have to go through with that, Hulk has accepted what he's become and believes that someone gets powers for a reason. Though you have to wonder if Banner feels the same way, even if the show has treated Banner fairly interchangeably with Hulk in the last episode :rolleyes2:.

But yeah, just some nice character moments for Black Widow and Hulk, forming an interesting dynamic for the two on the show, though I kinda wish we had this level of writing for their more traditional relationship dynamics such as with Hawkeye or Thor :sad:.

I do wonder if the conflict over the Inhumans and the Nuhumans presented in this episode is going to play into Civil War, since this is the first real "divide" among The Avengers on a specific issue that we've seen this season. Is it right to force upon people powers and a heritage that they never knew about and completely upend their life? And what do you do with them once they get those powers? Shouldn't they be allowed a choice in what to do with themselves? Then you add in what the Royal Family would want from these Nuhumans...

When was the last time Avengers Assemble was actually said on the show? It feels like it's been a really long time since either Tony or Cap last said it. And is it just me, or does it feel like Thor is wearing his helmet less and less o_O?

Is this the first time Falcon's detached his wings and called it "Redwing?" I thought that was cool :cool:.

Ultron was fine in this episode, but I'm still just not really crazy about this interpretation of him and so far he's been one of the more underwhelming parts of this season (kinda like how the Sinister Six turned out to be in USM). It feels like they're not sure whether they want to go with the logical, cold, efficient killing machine personality or the more quippy and charismatic James Spader Ultron, and Jim Meskimen, try as he might, just doesn't really feel like he can pull off either effectively. Especially compared to his animated predecessor as Ultron, Tom Kane. At least the show portrays him as a strong and effective threat :evil:.

Is it also just me, or does Ultron with this design just...not seem to animate well on this show? I don't know, he felt kind of clunky in terms of his animation sometimes and his mouth movements seemed awkward as well. This might just be my bias that I'm just not crazy about them going with the MCU design, but I really don't think it looks that good in the show. Just my personal opinion on that front :shrug:.

Kamala!!! Yeah, that was definitely her, and happy to see her finally make her Marvel Animation debut (if way earlier then I was ever expecting). She did seem a lot older then she did in the comics, but frankly, when has a teenager ever looked like a teenager on this show :sweat:?

Can't wait to see her in costume next Sunday :anime:.

It was nice seeing Crystal and Triton among the Royal Family, even if they didn't do anything but just stand there and briefly show off their new Assemble redesigns. Are the Inhumans ever going to have consistent designs across the cartoons? And why did Crystal look so angry in that one shot of her? She's supposed to be the nice, compassionate, one of her family :confused:.

At least Hawkeye flirting with Crystal would've been in-character, even if I have my doubts it would've come off well with this version, which is something I'm always worried about when it comes to Clint these days :(.

Hawkeye Screw-Up Counter: Another solid episode for Clint with nothing notably bad or annoying from him. So far the show's been doing a good job of re-railing Clint from how bad he was portrayed in the past two seasons, even if he's still far from the level of EMH Hawkeye. But it's a start.

#6 Frontier, Jul 31, 2016
  7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I agree. They should have given him a blank robot mouth via XJ9. A dark grey would look better, and no tongue!

• Like Like x 1
    #7 TheLemsterPju, Jul 31, 2016
  8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd say they did the movie inspiration thing the right way. They had some focus on Nat's KGB/ballet past and they had her connect with Hulk but instead of copying and pasting, they put their own spin on it and made it work. This isn't like watching Hulk side-punch Thor for the 200th time, and losing the context of the joke.

Watching his mouth move just bugs me. I hated it in the movie and I hate it here. Ultron, outside of comics, can easily get a mixed reaction out of me and I feel positive about him here for the most part but I don't think the Spaderisms are quite having the desired effect.

I was a Hawkeye fan before I made it to grade school, so I was definitely looking forward to seeing how EMH handled him and what they did was perfection to me. I haven't been a big fan of incompetent goofball Clint but he's had his moments and now he seems to be improving along with the show. Fingers crossed that he doesn't backslide. What wouldn't I give to see superfan Chris Yost guest write a solo or team-up episode for him.

I thought it was pretty funny that Clint seemed to have the most attitude about the Inhumans at the beginning of the ep. He wasn't in the last one, was he?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yep, he and Widow missed out on the last episode, along with Crystal and Triton on the Inhumans side :).

Clint takes an attitude with everybody. Spider-Man, Ant-Man, the Thunderbolts, now the Inhumans...chances are, if you introduce him to something or someone, he'll not like it for some reason or another :p.

10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Triton not looking like his USM counterpart seems par for the course at this point after Klaw, LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or par for the course for the Inhumans in general. They seem to get redesigned every time they appear in a different cartoon :sweat:.

12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Here's what I liked.

- The Opening Scene, way it was kind'a corny seeing Natasha ballerina fighting, but the animation, for the most part, was decent
    - Hulk and Widow's little input on choice (Though it seems out of place, and is more expostion)
    - Hulk improvising for escaping Ultrons net things
    - Lockjaw of course
    - Hawkeye and Thor's Arrow/Hammer stretegy
    - Kamala Cameo

What I didn't like...

- Seeker's animation and scene transitions
    - Avengers somehow not being rendered deaf
    - Triton's redesign
    - Black Widow defying her attributes once again by holding Hulk's multiton body from a ledge. (Seriosuly, just give her a synthetic suit that enhances her strength already.)

• Like Like x 2
    #12 Troy Troodon, Jul 31, 2016
  13. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

I did a happy squee at seeing Kamala. Not only that, but it seemed they stuck really close to the original comic. Same outfit, same street corner, same shot of seeing her hands. I wonder if that upcoming episode "The Kids are All Right" will feature more of her origin with her friends and family or if they'll just skip to the Avengers meeting her on the scene already playing hero. I'm hoping for the former.

Triton redesign was weird to see. I swear, it seems like Avengers S3 and Guardians is setting up a new continuity spun offer from the old one. It's like there's the old Loeb continuity (USM, SMASH, Assemble S1-2) and the new Wacker/MCU based continuity (Guardians, Assemble S3) That's what I'm sticking with.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

I only have two things to comment about this episode:

1º) I never knew ballet could be so dangerous. I mean, I know Black Widow is a ballerina, but even so, I have never seen her using her talent like this.

2º) Very good the cameo of Kamala Khan. I don't know if those clothes were simply for a hint of her future as the new Miss Marvel, but I can tell you something, she has wore them in the comics before. At the comic "Edge of the Spider-Verse #5", while Peni Parker (an alternative Spider-Heroine) in on a train, we can see in the background Kamala Khan wearing that same clothes, and she runs away with the rest of the people when Spider-Ham enter on the train.

• Like Like x 1
  15. maczero

maczero Active Member

I don't believe Hulk weighs in the multi ton range. Marvel usually sites his weight around 800 lbs. However, your point still stands. No way should Black Widow be able to hold him even for a second.

I really like the way BW and Hulk played off each other. I'm not against the romance that the movie was going for but their relationship here felt way more natural.

• Agree Agree x 1