1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "The Conqueror" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 14, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD! Kang the Conqueror is coming!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "The Conqueror"
    Episode Debut - August 14th, 2016
    Directed by: Tim Eldred
    Written by: Stan Berkowitz

The Avengers try to stop AIM from stealing high tech weapons from the future, which attracts the attention of the 30th century warlord – Kang the Conqueror!

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Great episode. Really strong and fun.

That news reporter woman was hilarious.

Whiplash's fight was cool. Surprised he did a somewhat good job of actually fighting all of the Avengers. Good opening fight that leads into a later plot, I like those.

This has to be the dumbest version of Tony Stark ever. Hop into a portal without your team for no reason other ego?

I LOVE KANG! Him taking over AIM in literally under 30 seconds was awesome. I enjoyed him throwing mooks around. He also had the best lines "Someone trying to attack me? Refreshing." or something like that. Really effective, smart and competent villain. He reminds me of Megatron.

That Iron-Man shield generator is pretty cool.

"Widow and Hawkeye come with me to disable the ship's system." How do you even know where that is or what it looks like?

It's hit or miss but I am liking how Marvel is using more humor in their episodes. "Make my morning" and Tony firing that laser backwards was hilarious. "This was awkward" was funny too.

Ironman's talk with Kang was oddly deep along with Widow's talk in the weapon's room. Good job Marvel, I'm liking more of this. The episode at Attilan had more of this. I'm really liking Season 3, the dialogue and writing are stronger. Liked the reference to Kang being related to Iron-Man, interesting.

Thor gets owned count: Episode was pretty good on this until the end. Only 2. Both times his hammer gets made useless against Kang.

When did Hulk's arm get injured?

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Ten Rings "Corporation"? Is the word "terrorist" an issue?

Also, Aldrich Killian, Zeke Stane, Sasha Hammer, and Spymaster (who previous appeared in a USM tie-in comic) were mentioned.

I guess the Avengers don't recognize Kang. Bummer.

I love that Widow is continuing to get more development.

I kinda prefer the EMH Kang arc so far, because there was much more detail into what Kang and his armies were capable of.

Remember that animatic preview shown at the 2015 Comic Con that involved Black Panther fighting some Kang droids? I don't think we've seen the last of Kang after the next episode.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #3 TheLemsterPju, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

When he punched the cannon's red energy shield, he cried out and held his arm.

Kang had a ton of setup in Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Everything did. He also benefited from solid character and mech design, something this show lacks. That said, Kang is still way more interesting than like, 95% of the villains in this show. He has a charisma about him that most of the bad guys lack. Being voiced by Steven Blum is basically like a free space in terms of character likeability, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

- I thought Kang was a pretty good villain, though he could have been developed a little more throughout the story. To be fair there's still time for that in the next episode but I'm not really expecting much. He was a fine adversary with some pretty good lines and still managed to stand above most of the other villains the show has featured so far.
    - The action scenes were good - the fights with Whiplash, AIM and Kang were pretty exciting and entertaining enough. I liked the visuals to Kang's futuristic weapons, pretty creative stuff.
    - Nice interactions between the Avengers, with some decent character moments for Iron Man. His quest to understand Kang's tech was a predictable development but it worked out pretty well. I also liked how the others reacted to all this.
    - The humor wasn't that bad - I liked the gag about the story-book, even if it was a little too silly. Wasn't expecting a follow-up, either. :p
    - My favorite bit was probably Kang mentioning he has encountered the Avengers "before the schism"... nice foreshadowing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"Avengers Museum?" Did the team just steal a move from the Flash playbook? It would've been nice to see some more of the actual exhibits at the museum, which would've been the perfect opportunity for some easter eggs, and it would probably have been the perfect place to put all that memorabilia from the basement in Avengers Tower from the last episode :D.

Kinda funny that we have two episodes in a row of Iron Man villains taking on The Avengers, with Ghost in the last episode and Whiplash and Spymaster (off-screen) in this episode. Reminds me how prevalent Iron Man's Rogues Gallery was in Earth's Mightiest Heroes :anime:.

We also get a mention of a lot of other Iron Man characters and organizations, like Ezekial Stane (I wonder if Obadiah exists in this universe?), Sasha Hammer (I guess she's running the company with Justin in prison?), Aldrich Killian, and the 10 Rings Corporation (the Armored Adventures fan in me wants this to be run by Gene Khan). I'm almost surprised Roxxon didn't make that list. It's just too bad we'll probably never see any of these groups actually appear (not that I'm in a hurry to see Killian) :sweat:.

It was pretty fitting to put in so many references to the Iron Man franchise in an episode where Tony had the central arc, as he dealt with his feelings of inadequacy as a futurist and inventor when other companies and inventors are slowly but surely overtaking him and he comes up against a brilliant mind of the future in Kang. It's your typical Iron Man plot, but one that I think Assemble did a decent job of integrating into an Avengers cartoon, if somewhat rushed in its handling. And it all came together with Tony using what he was feeling to throw Kang off so he could get a good hit in :cool:.

Though I am kind of curious if Tony mentioning Kang possibly being descended from him is going to end up being just a throw-away line or something more :eek:.

Y'know, if the team was really worried about Tony and not making any headway on their own, why not call in Pepper Potts or Rhodey, y'know, Tony's closest friends (next to Cap)? Heck, bringing in Pepper could've tied back to Stark Industries stock plummeting. At least Rhodey is still set to appear later down the line ;).

After how many episodes of season 1 she missed out, it's always nice seeing Widow get more focus and lines on the show :).

Earth's Mightiest Heroes set the gold standard for Kang in my mind, so this episode had a lot to live up to, especially compared against "The Man from Tomorrow." Overall, while I wouldn't say it was able to match EMH in it's portrayal of the time-travelling conqueror and his first encounter with the team, I feel the episode still did a decent job of portraying Kang. He's still the conqueror of the future who's utterly convinced of his superiority over anyone and a master of advanced weaponry, even if he didn't come across as overwhelmingly powerful and dangerous as he was portrayed in EMH. It also felt kind of weird that AIM was able to successfully steal as much of his technology as they did, and they were the ones who lucked into time travel, not Kang :confused:.

Jonathan Adams is so engrained as Kang in my head that it was always going to be hard for me to ever accept anyone else voicing the character, but I love Steve Blum, and he was a solid, if typical, choice to voice him here. I think he did a serviceable job playing the character, and conveyed Kang's arrogance and coldness well, but overall I don't think he'll be as memorable as Adams was in the role :shrug:.

Though I have to wonder...who was leading AIM at this point? MODOK's gone, the Scientist Supreme was gone, so Kang seemed to take control without much fuss. It's almost as vague as who exactly is leading Hydra over in Ultimate Spider-Man. Would be kind of funny if the goon who Kang told not to speak turned out to be the current Scientist Supreme :p.

We finally get the most direct foreshadowing to the Civil War arc, with Kang referencing the team being "before the schism," but still leaving the question of what is ultimately going to divide and split The Avengers o_O.

I kind of wonder if Thor's actions at the end there are going to play a part in him losing Mjolnir so Jane can get the hammer...like, his being so focused on getting Mjolnir back that he left the rest of the team behind to face Kang in the 30th century, demonstrated enough unworthiness for Mjolnir to reject him. Then again, between losing the hammer to the bottom of the ocean to having it to use against Kang, I know which one I'd choose :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

It was good to see Kang but I think he was more kick ass in aemh

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

So... I was right about him being Nathaniel Stark?? damn! it was a joke... I didn't want this to be true, now we have the BEST two Avengers villains (Ultron and Kang) related to Tony? what is next? Loki is his real brother? Zemo is his cousin? Doctor Doom is his school nemesis? and you say that Avengers: EMH focused too much on him?? maybe true but now I think AA focuses even more on him... lamentably, when I think of an Avenger series I think of a team, a team fighting enemies of the individual heroes but also enemies of the team, we are definitely seeing more Iron Man villains and I have to accept that we had a chance to see villains of other heroes, but the participation they had was very small, we need more... maybe more Hulk villains, definitely more Thor villains, I hope we can see at least one Black Panther villain in his debut.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tony was basically just messing with Kang when he pondered whether they may be related, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Really, compared to season one and two, I think the focus on Iron Man as the lead hasn't been as bad as it used to be, or at least it's been more evenly divided among the other Avengers, even if he does still get quite a bit :shrug:.

We've seen Loki, Ulik, Hela, and the Midgard Serpent as far as Thor villains go in seasons 1-2. We've also had Absorbing Man and an Abomination cameo for Hulk villains :).

I think it's likely we'll see Klaw again in Panther's debut episode.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

No offense, but that logic has never not been stupid. It's a one off reference to his name. That's not gonna do anything.

Don't get me wrong, this entire studio war has always been dumb, but the recent ban on X and FF characters has been especially so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Pst, Absorbing Man is actually a Thor villain. He's just be repurposed like how Skrull is now a Hulk villain despite being a FF villain.

Wait. Thor is immortal. Couldn't he just wait until the 31st Century for the Avengers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #11 Capt.Traphouse, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  12. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'm glad we are getting a Kang mini-arc here, and a new Kang voiced by Steven Blum. My understanding is that Fox has the rights to Kang so we won't see him in the MCU anytime soon.

I liked Kang taking over AIM. His exchange with the guard seemed very much like a Whedon-esque piece of dialogue.

• Like Like x 1