1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Seeing Double" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 28, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Seeing Double"
    Episode Debut - August 28th, 2016
    Directed by: Tim Eldred
    Written by: Jacob Semahn

Black Widow faces off with Yelena Belova, who ends up turning Hulk into the Winter Hulk.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

I thought this was a pretty good episode I was surprised. Did anyone record the previews for the next 3 episodes featuring Vision, Captain Marvel and Black Panther?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

The zombified bodies of the dead Red Room women is quite possibly the darkest thing these new shows have ever done.

This episode was fantastic. Much better than the wimpy teenage Kang from before.
    I wonder if Black Widow actually picked up that flashdrive with her memories. Wacker did confirm she would cry at some point, soooo...

• Like Like x 3
    #3 TheLemsterPju, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

So who's the voice cast here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Robert Atkin Downes was definitely Baron Strucker, and funnily enough, basically using his Baron Zemo voice from Earth's Mightiest Heroes for Strucker :D.

Kinda odd, though, that we had Downes in an episode with Abomination, and Abomination doesn't even get any lines :sweat:.

Was Yelena Catherine Taber o_O?

• Like Like x 2
  6. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Not bad at all it's a very good episode I thought even though Tony had some stupid lines when he wore the Hulk Buster Armore.

Do you guys see how better it looked when they where in the red room with the more lighting shading on the characters?

That's how it should be all the time with more color obviously during days and nights.

Very good episode none the less.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TheLemsterPju

Baron von Strucker was a nice surprise. Here he's based on his counterpart from the non-canon (to the MCU at least) Captain America: Super Soldier game.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

They honestly need to Cast J.B. Blanc as Baron Zemo one day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

After a decent Kang arc, this episode was much more of a return to form for Ultron Revolution as we get one of its strongest episodes yet, all the moreso for focusing on Black Widow who in the past was fairly marginalized and out-of-focus for much of the show. Strong writing, great action, compelling character moments, and leaving you wanting more...what more could you want from an Avengers cartoon :anime:?

We get more development with Widow and Hulk's relationship, which so far has actually been surprisingly well-written and developed, which was nice. For what's quite an odd pairing (platonic or otherwise), the two do have a surprising amount in common and can bounce off each other well with the right situation and writing :proud:.

Though I still have to wonder why we couldn't get this level of writing or even depth for her relationships with Cap and Hawkeye, or even Hulk's relationship with Thor, which you would expect would be the more important relationships with these characters. Certainly Widow and Clint going on a night on the town would seem more sensible, if more prone to ship tease that I doubt this show wants to partake in :rolleyes2:.

I'm never going to get a proper Hulk vs. Abomination showdown in these cartoons, am I :sad:?

Yelena was pretty much exactly lifted from the comics, with her obsession with proving herself against Black Widow and showcasing that she is a true "Widow," along with a healthy dose of arrogance, sociopathy, and signs that she's not all right in the head. All of which made her a very strong and effective villain in this episode, and an excellent foil for Natasha :cool:.

And she was certainly no slouch in fighting ability either, as she was able to match 'Tasha move for move in the entire episode. The fight sequence wasn't necesarilly on the level of, say, Avengers Confidential (or as exaggerated), but it was still pretty thrilling and engaging action nonetheless :D.

I kinda wish Moonstone, Shriek, Titania, or heck, a lot of other past villains both male and female on all the shows had gotten the same level of presentation as Yelena did in this episode :evil:.

It's kind of funny how, despite producing this season before Civil War premiered, they still ended up with a similar moment where deadly, trained, assassins are let loose from their containment (even if it ultimately never happened in Civil War) :ack:.

Baron Strucker! Was definitely not expecting him. And even in this brief appearance he was still better used then in the MCU, and certainly had a lot more personality. It's also funny to hear Robert Atkin Downes do his Zemo voice for another major, German, Hydra leader and Baron :p.

Kinda disappointing that they gave him a mechanical equivalent to the Satan Claw and he didn't even get to do anything with it :(.

So I have to ask, because my mind just has to ask these questions...has Strucker been leading Hydra ever since Red Skull's incarceration? Did he loan Zemo those Hydra troops all those episodes ago? Is he the one Zola and Crossbones have been answering to in USM, and is his contact with Zola how he was able to get a hold of the process for creating Winter Soldiers? And yes, I know I'm probably never going to get any answers to these questions :sweat:.

So we've had an imaginary Bucky in "Saving Captain Rogers" and here the Winter Soldier reprogramming used on Hulk, and yet the real Bucky is still a no show this season. It's also kind of a weird symmetry that we're getting such major emphasis on Black Widow and Hulk's relationship this season, and Hulk getting turned into a Winter Soldier, given Natasha and Bucky's relationship in the comics o_O.

There's the proper Iron Man Hulkbuster! It was nice to finally see it, and thankfully not in CG, though it still didn't look or fight near as impressively as it did in Age of Ultron. Also not as successful in dealing with The Hulk, even with Cap's help :ack:.

I wonder if possible residual brainwashing is going to play into the World War Hulk adaption, or if this basically was supposed to be a stealth adaption of World War Hulk :confused:?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

That's what I like to know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Black Widow and Hulk MCU relationship is stupid... even if the episode was good, we need her with Bucky!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

- I like how they're showing us the friendship between Black Widow and Hulk; I doubt it will ever grow into a real romance on this show. Some of their dialogue could have been better (it felt a little too goofy at times) but for the most part I thought it worked. Nice teamwork in defeating Abomination, who was abominating again. :p
    - Seeing Yelena Belova animated was pretty cool. I liked how she was presented here, and her fight scenes were entertaining enough. Her interactions with Baron Strucker and more importantly Natasha were great. That scene where she revives those zombie Black Widows was cool. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Yelena in the future.
    - Strucker was a pretty nice surprise. It's kind of funny, but I enjoyed this episode almost as much as "Saving Captain Rogers", where similarly the Avengers went up against Hydra and a Baron leading them. Also funny how Strucker got thrown around a couple of times during the two Widows' fight scenes.
    - Hulk being turned into the Winter Hulk was an interesting development. It was cool seeing a more intelligent and subtle Hulk going up against some of his team-mates. The fights were nice though the resolution to the problem was kind of predictable. Nice seeing Banner again, too.

All in all, a great episode with some pretty surprising stuff in it. Plus, some nice character moments which added a lot to the story.

Edit: Yelena Belova was voiced by Julie Nathanson. Here are the credits for the episode:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For once I can actually support the lack of romance in Marvel cartoons :p.

I wonder if Downes supplied Abomination's one grunt :sweat:?

• Like Like x 2
  14. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

As great as the episode is I have some small problems.

I get that the Hulk became the Winter Soldier but why all of a sudden he gets a long hair, I don't see Hulk grooming himself when he is in his Avengers gear.

And where did he get the Mask on his face when their was none on him as Bruce Banner?

They forget this things when they design.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I liked this one. Yelena's rivalry played off Natasha very well.

I like that they just left Abomination in the middle of the city. He's not on anyone's radar.

I think Yelena's built-in antipathy for Natasha gives the writers a starting point that alot of other villains don't have.

Maybe there are different factions.

Teenage Kang?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheLemsterPju

That was my joke in the previous episode discussion. My theory was that the Kang we saw was just a weak, egotistical young'un who lied about "conquering all worlds" just to brag about himself.

Cap said it himself, "You're not advanced Kang, you're nothing more than a savage."

Aside from that, I just noticed how meaningless it was Ghost Rider to steal Emil Blonsky's powers back in "Spirit of Vengeance". This definitely takes place after SMASH Season 2. Blonsky had to have cooked up something to get the exact condition to become Abomination again.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just assumed the mask was retractable...
    How the mighty have fallen. Literally, in this case :sweat:.

True, but I also think most of those villains haven't had the luxury of the same level of focus or even characterization supplied to Yelena in this episode.

"Cut off one head, two more shall take its place" :evil:.

To be fair, it's really hard to tell anyone's ages in these cartoons when we have Falcon as an example of an eighteen year old :p.

My theory is the writers just did not do as good a job of adapting Kang as they could have :shrug:.

I never expected that to stick, but in the context of SMASH, especially with it being as much its own thing compared to the other cartoons, it was probably important to deal with all the major villains in some permanent fashion before bringing things to a close :).

• Like Like x 2
  18. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

An actual arrogant, teenage or child Kang challenging the Avengers could've been fun. Especially if they showed that maybe he only managed to conquer future New York or something. He could've been like Mordred or Klarion, only with future tech instead of magic.

I think you're trying to put a round peg in square hole with all this continuity business.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Did anyone laugh when Strucker talking trash and he gets taken by a flying Yelena that Widow threw at him? Lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be amusing, but I don't think that's how you introduce Kang into an Avengers cartoon :sweat:.

Though if they were being accurate to the comics (Young Avengers in particular), then the main thing with a teenage is that he doesn't want to become the Conqueror he is in the future :ack:.

• Like Like x 2