1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Into the Future" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 21, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Into the Future"
    Episode Debut - August 21st, 2016
    Directed by: Phil Pignotti
    Written by: Danielle Wolff

Trapped in the 30th century, the Avengers must beat evil warlord Kang the Conqueror and get back to their own time.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Ending felt rushed. Idk. I feel this would have been better as a three part episode.

Seeing Kang be unable to fight physically was whack. But EMH Kang has spoiled me.

Rebels were cool and the first 15 minutes of the episode were great. Then it was like a time skip in plot where Captain America found Kang through magic and fought him.

The WWII part was cool. Loved seeing Kang open fire on HYDRA. *Though the Army wasn't desegregated until after WWII, Marvel with them history errors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

EMH Kang head cameo. Nice to know that Marvel still has the show in memory.

So Kang is going to wait the 150 million years out. I guess this version of him is immortal?

I'd have to assume that this 30th Century Kang is really young and inexperienced compared to the would-be 31st Century older Kang.

• Like Like x 1
    #3 TheLemsterPju, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Actually something about Kang's been bugging me, as cool as Steve Blum is for the character with how enjoyable evil Kang is here... He's just evil for the sake of evil. I don't know maybe I prefer the previous rendition of the character back in EMH, but I felt his character could be better handled here.

The animation and lip sync is choppy, but I did still like some of the character art, especially for the rebels.

But my biggest complain would have to go to the monologuing, the character's need to exposit things like Kang's yearning to conquer, or even Captain America's tidbits in the end. Show don't tell, that's all I'm asking. I mean yeah I get it's a kids show and it should simplify some things, but not to this degree.

Also, as much as I love Jennifer Hale, I feel maybe they should cast more female voice actors and not just over utilize one particular actress.

Also, T.Rex in the Jurassic! I know they said it's an Allosaurus, but I know Tyrannosaurs when I see it, and a very ugly looking t.rex at that, as well as an ugly allosaur. (I'm a connoisseur when it comes to paleozoology in popular media)

Overall I found this episode disappointing, but it still had good ideas with Future Earth, the Rebels, Old Man Thor, and even the possible future of how the Avengers went rogue. (Even though technically we saw that before. :sweat:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty solid episode overall. There was nothing in the episode that really stood out as noteworthy or amazing, from either a character, writing, or action standpoint, but it was still generally well-crafted episode and enjoyable, which I won't complain about. It certainly doesn't live up to or beat the Kang arc in EMH, but it's still a decent two-parter nonetheless ;).

It was cool seeing the King Thor look used for future Thor, complete with the metal arm, though I'm surprised nobody actually commented on it. Travis Willingham did a good job of portraying an older, aged, Thor, much like how he did a solid job as a young Thor in that one Agents of SMASH episode. Now we need an episode featuring all three of them together :cool:.

I feel like a lot of these young rebels could've been named characters from the comics, at least as a nice nod and allusion if nothing else. Like, namedrop the female archer as "Kate," though they might not have wanted to make Kate Bishop into a 30th century Avenger (even if I doubt we'll be seeing her in Marvel Animation anytime soon), or the guy with the other hammer as "Eric," or the girl in the Iron Man armor as "Toni." Just my two cents there :rolleyes2:.

I'm really disappointed Iron Man didn't keep his new armor. I mean, I get the in-story reasons for why, but it looks so much cooler then his main one and we've been stuck with that design since season 1. Maybe I'm just used to Iron Man, being the innovator that he is, coming up with new and awesome armors and looks on a more consistent basis then has been the case in Assemble :shrug:.

Pretty neat that Falcon is going to end up being one of the greatest minds of his time period, and he certainly seemed to enjoy the compliment (especially at Tony's expense) :anime:.

I thought for a second that maybe part of the reason the Avengers Tower exhibit featured The Avengers in villainous roles, and showed Falcon and Iron Man fighting each other, was based around what happens in the Civil War arc. Which is why you have Avengers beating law enforcement and heroes vs. heroes, a staple of Civil War that would seem out-of-place if Kang just wanted to portray The Avengers as bad guys. Kang's already demonstrated the knowledge of the team's upcoming split in the last episode, and even said to Cap in this episode "You'll learn when..." implying something happens in the future that would shake up Cap's "naive" belief in teamwork and doing the right thing :ack:.

He wouldn't be Captain America if he wasn't making idealistic speeches and statements, particularly against villains though I think this is probably the most Cap's done it in the entire series at this point. I thought Roger Craig Smith did a solid job with the dialogue he had to work with, especially since he had the lions-share of it, even if it felt like he couldn't go one sentence without some kind of moral indignation or repudiation of Kang. Though I feel like it's hard to beat the conviction, passion, and heart that Brian Bloom brought to the role and the delivery of those kinds of lines...

Hydra -standing in for Nazi's since Captain America: The First Avenger. Heck, their MCU designs make them look more Nazi-ish then their traditional look :sweat:.

Assemble!Kang has got nothing on EMH!Kang. I mean, he's got the attitude and arrogance and is a solid antagonist overall, but for all this boasts about his intelligence and all the worlds he's conquered, Cap beat him pretty handedly and easily here. His tech blaster is also pretty lackluster compared to all the weapons he brought out in EMH, though at least he made good use of it here :evil:.

It also never felt like at any point that The Avengers were facing the same overwhelming odds they did in the Kang arc in EMH, nor that he was the same kind of major threat. Hopefully being stuck in Prehistoric times with plenty of time to plan his revenge will upgrade Kang into a real force to be reckoned with :eek:.

I kinda wonder if Jennifer Hale being part of the core cast, which is why she voiced Layla here, is hinting at her reprising Carol Danvers once she finally appears? Obviously it could be just because she's voicing FRIDAY, but it seems like there would be more to making her such a consistent vocal presence on the show o_O.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #5 Frontier, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  6. TheLemsterPju

Kang's constant gloating about being an unstoppable, evil tyrant doesn't work for me. In fact, I don't think much thought was put into his character's motivations and skill set in, presumably, the short period of time the writers were given to write Season 3. He's overly-reliant on that holographic glow stick, yet gets the [stuffing] beat out of him in a one-on-one fist fight. What a chump. I'm more willing to bet this Kang is just some young inexperienced teen who hasn't reached the magnitude of his 31st Century counterpart.

It's like when Baron Zemo suddenly wanted to become a giant Klaw energy thing after his Citizen V plan went south. It's....not very well thought out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #6 TheLemsterPju, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
  7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Now that's something we can both agree on. [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #7 Troy Troodon, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
  8. TheLemsterPju

Again, no offense to the talent behind the show, but I honestly don't think the writers are given enough time to flesh the stories in a cohesive way. To me, if feels like they were given less than a week to finish the scripts for each episode so they could get to the animation process faster. With how realistic the character designs are, I would imagine the schedule is mostly getting the animation to look good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I've seen like 8000 stories about heroes traveling to dystopian futures to help the resistance and it felt like this one was just going through the motions. I liked some things, the rebels designs, King Thor, etc., but otherwise it was just forgettable. Maybe the Council of Kangs will drop in and give him a lift or something...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's also been done before on this show, with that Thor/Doom episode way back in season one (in before Spyke complains about Marvel Animaton reusing plots), though I guess at least it makes sense to do it with Kang :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

That episode actually went that extra step of showing cowed subjects and made a point of showing how miserable life was under Doom, which is something alot of other examples did as well (Ninja Turtles 2003, Rescue Bots, Superman).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheLemsterPju

Maybe this Kang (of the 30th Century) isn't as powerful as EMH Kang because the latter is from the 41st Century. AA Kang doesn't have the tech capabilities in this time period, perhaps. He's just an weak, egotistical ancestor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't mind it, but I have my doubts that they put that much thought into it. A future conqueror is meant to be a future conqueror no matter what arbitrary future date you give them :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. TheLemsterPju

I know, but giving 'logical' explanations for BS worked for the Star Trek fans. Why not this too? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. uzair khan

uzair khan New Member

did any one else see the black panther in the next avengers?

• Like Like x 1
  16. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

That wasn't a historical error. It's the intentional PC sugarcoating rewriting and depiction of history. You know, because kids are "so stupid".

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I think that's a bit harsh for something that was pretty minor :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

When it comes to the inaccurate depiction of history that is taught to young kids in school (especially in regards to this country's racist treatment of African Americans and other non white minorities), I get ticked off. As an African American, I hate how Marvel has ignored facts for the sake of either synergy or because they think young kids are to stupid or to fragile to see racism from that era accurately depicted (tastefully, of course).

• Informative Informative x 1
    #18 spyke, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fair enough, and while I understand your point, I doubt synergy or believing kids were too dumb for that kind of material played any part in the US army's depiction in this episode.

Certainly I don't expect to see them depict history accurately when they have Hydra completely replacing the Nazi's in history :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I see where spyke is coming from, but when we're already playing with a cheesy, fictionalized version of history, does it matter?

• Agree Agree x 1