1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Inhumans Among Us" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 24, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Inhumans Among Us"
    Episode Debut - July 24th, 2016
    Directed by: Phil Pignotti
    Written by: Paul Dini

When townspeople are transformed into primitive creatures, the Avengers attempt to help them by putting themselves into conflict with the Inhumans.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Great episode. Cool action and the fights were awesome especially Gorgon vs Captain America. Ironman got messed up by that dude. I wish we saw more Thor vs. Black Bolt.

Ultron's plan felt shoved in there last second but whatever.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode.

- I liked the way the Avengers interacted with the Inhumans, when they weren't fighting. Their battle in this episode was entertaining enough but the way it started felt a little forced to me. Still, not bad. The fights were pretty great, some neat choreography especially in the Captain America versus Gorgon and Thor versus Black Bolt ones.
    - Neat mention of Hulk already knowing the Inhumans and introducing them to his team-mates. His side-mission in this episode alongside Lockjaw was pretty amusing but I was actually more interested in seeing the others fighting.
    - A pretty decent outing for Thor this time, including him reasoning with Black Bolt or him hanging out with Volstagg in Asgard.
    - The fight with Inferno was cool. I also liked how it reached a pretty satisfying conclusion which will probably be addressed again in upcoming episodes. And I admit, I laughed at the "Congratulations, it's a boy!" line. :p
    - The ending was kind of intriguing though I'm not entirely sure what the master-plan actually was here. Still, I'm looking forward to the next episodes which will hopefully be at least as entertaining as this one was.

Here's something funny I noticed in the cast list: Jim Meskimen is credited as a "Mysterious Figure".

I wonder how many people will realize who that really was at the end. They even showed us his face, though to be fair it's been a while since we've last seen Ultron...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

It's an okay episode I guess. For me, the beginning and the end were the highlights of this premise. (Except for the twist anyway.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The Inhumans came off as disagreeable and pompous in this episode, but the fights were exciting. Thor and Black Bolt especially was an exciting match-up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
    #6 RoyalRubble, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  7. ClodClavo

ClodClavo Member

Fun episode. Nice to see an Inhuman story that doesn't have Maximus as its primary villian. No Triton or Cystal this episode, which is a bit disapointing. WE haven't seen the whole Royal Family together since the first season of SMASH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was only a matter of time before The Inhumans made their way into Assemble, and I thought this episode was a pretty solid debut appearance for them, serving as a basic if sufficient introduction to the Royal Family, Inhuman culture, and the likely continuing Terrigensis plot for the next few episodes. The highlight was definitely the great action sequences as the team took on the Royal Family, with some awesome and dynamic fight choreography, and I really liked what they did with Thor vs. Black Bolt and Iron Man vs. Karnak :D.

Hey, Volstagg! It was fun seeing him in both a speaking role and an action sequence, after he only made a cameo in the Guardians of the Galaxy two-parter while Hogun and Fandral got all the action. And they ended his scen ethe only way you could with Volstagg ;).

I liked how Thor was used here, with his noble birth and experience (both as a royal Asgardian and an Avenger on Midgard) giving him an interesting perspective and understanding of the Inhumans and their ways, and made for some interesting conflict with Black Bolt. It's always nice seeing Thor as the wise, strong, and noble warrior :proud:.

I think this is, what, the second or third redesign the Inhumans have gone through in this new continuity? Though I think they did a solid job of combining the original designs dating back from SMASH with the Guardian redesigns, while staying true to the Inhumans' comic looks. And it does appear that the Inhumans' VA's from Guardians are now their official voices for the foreseeable future, which is nice.

I felt this was one of the more unflattering Inhuman appearances in the cartoons so far, at least in terms of portrayal. While the general personalities for the Royal Family were accurate for the most part, as a whole the Inhumans were pretty harsh, haughty, and unreasonable to The Avengers, who were being pretty fair and open with them the whole time, even as they had no idea what was going on. They were also the ones that threw the first punch, in a fairly unprovoked manner, and I don't think the possibility of a new Inhuman really justified it. I get that they needed to contrive a way to get the two groups to fight, but couldn't they have done it in a way that didn't make the Inhumans look bad :shrug:?

Black Bolt himself was portrayed as very arrogant and headstrong when he refused to listen to Thor's pleading and then easily fell to anger when Thor called him out on his actions. He seemed a lot more level-headead and noble in SMASH and Guardians. Though maybe that's because he had to play-off Hulk and Peter Quill :p?

Anyone else notice that Medusa never once referred to Black Bolt as her husband? Obviously with the way they interacted with each other and their obvious closeness, it wouldn't be impossible to gauge the nature of their relationship, but it's something odd I took note of. Maybe because their marriage makes them one of the only, consistent, romantic couple in any Marvel cartoon at the moment :sweat:.

So Crystal and Triton both missed out on another episode involving the Inhumans and featuring the Royal Family, leaving me to wonder if we'll ever see them all together in one episode again and with actual lines? Though obvviously part of their absence here was to make the numbers among the two groups even, so hopefully once Hawkeye and Widow come back we'll see Crystal and Triton as well :).

Crystal would've definitely been cool to see here, in either the fight with The Avengers thanks to her elemental powers or with Hulk's Attilan sub-plot given her close relationship with Lockjaw. Though if she had been there in either situation, she probably would've resolved most of the conflict by either mediating between The Avengers and the Inhumans or helping Hulk with the guards at Attilan. It would be nice to see Crystal start getting a bigger push in animation, because I think she's a pretty great character who's being fairly underutilized compared to her older sister and the other Inhumans especially if they're going to keep giving the Inhumans some presence in the cartoons :anime:.

So we finally get our first NuHuman (AKA "We're totally not trying to imitate the X-Men! Honest!"), and it's Inferno, one of the more prominent initial NuHuman's introduced in the comic. Obviously this is to pave the way for more NuHumann's in the future, especially Ms. Marvel, and I think they did a fairly decent job of establishing just how important new Inhumans popping up out of nowhere is. The Avengers and Royal Family teaming-up to fight a giant inferno was also a cool way to end the episode and bring everybody together :cool:.

Man, that's a lot to throw on a kid just getting ready for college all at once. Superpowers, Inhuman ancestry, and having to leave his home and old life behind to be a mediator between humans and Inhumans? Which I guess, in a world where teenagers can freely join major Superhero teams and run government training facilities without even a high school diploma, isn't that far-fetched :rolleyes2:.

Though I couldn't help but think..did they whitewash Dante? I mean, I don't think it's ever been clarified exactly what his nationality is, but he's generally been portrayed with brown or tan skin in the comics, so it was weird seeing him with completely white skin here. His full name is also Dante Pertuz, which kinda implies some Hispanic or Latin-American ancestry (I think). They even got Antony Del Rio to voice him, the voice Reptil, who was Hispanic o_O.

"Mysterious Figure?" Really? Well, it's nice to finally see this "mysterious figure" be relevant to the plot again, even if it's confusing how his current actions are going to help his ultimate goal, but it was so obvious who it was that I don't really get the attempts at hiding it. It was even more obvious then the Loki reveal in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and people didn't like that back then too :rolleyes:.

Hawkeye Screw-Up Counter: Once again, Hawkeye wasn't in the episode, as he's on a mission with Black Widow, but I wouldn't be surprised if Clint was making their mission harder then it needed to be...