1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Civil War, Parts 1-4" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jan 28, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this Season Finale of Avengers Assemble!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for the epic 4-part season finale of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution! All four episodes air today on Disney XD, starting at 11:00AM ET!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Civil War Part 1: The Fall of Attilan"
    Episode Debut - January 28th, 2017
    Written by - Danielle Wolff
    Directed by - Micah Gunnell

The Avengers must stop Maximus from wreaking havoc in Attilan and causing its citizens to lose control of their powers.

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Civil War Part 2: The Mighty Avengers"
    Written by - Elliott Casey
    Directed by - Tim Eldred

With the Avengers disbanded, a new team – the Mighty Avengers – steps in to take their place.

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Civil War Part 3: The Drums of War"

Written by - Eugene Son
    Directed by - Micah Gunnell

When the Inhumans are mind-controlled into attacking innocent humans, the Avengers must find a way to override their control and end the war.

Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Civil War Part 4: Avengers Revolution"
    Written by - Danielle Wolff
    Directed by - Tim Eldred

The Avengers, old and new, must find a way to free the Inhumans and the world from Ultron’s control.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Wacker said Black Widow may cry this season. Here's hoping she puts that flashdrive with her memories to use.

EDIT: Guess not.

• Like Like x 2
    #2 TheLemsterPju, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  3. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Loving the actually powerful Thor. He's Marvel's Superman and him throwing that robot in space was an intelligent use of his powers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Seeing Kamala's super-anime-esque facial expressions in a couple scenes was really eerie in this art/animation style lol.

Other than that, I found this to be a excellent 4-parter. I didn't expect them to not actually kill off Ultron after all was said and done. They left it open in a way where he could still come back (and hopefully create Jocasta and possibly Alkhema).

• Like Like x 3
  5. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

This finale was so good. Everybody kicked ass. I always wanted to see black panther and karnak clash and finally seen it. It was dope seeing Captain marvel fight Gorgon also.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

Knew something wasn't Kosher about Truman Marsh. Pretty much figured the twist out before the end of part 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

The whole heroes fighting each other thing may be oversaturated, and this is no exception, but seeing all those characters together certainly made up for it. The animation did get better, though still not as good as Ultimate Spider-Man in terms of quality and panel fluidity (and the angle zooms are still kind of annoying), and the characters (for the most part) were actually pretty likable and fun to watch. Although the whole, Truman was Ultron the whole time reveal, was a bit of a copout (then again given the themes of this special in how it relates to real favorable politics and social morals in real life, I suppose seeing this was rather needed) It did at least bring some actual finality to the Ultron arc and hopefully segways into something new and not driving from the source of the movies for a change.

Not the best hero vs hero plot, nor even the best season finale for a superhero show aimed for kids, but for what it was, it's passable.

7/10

BTW, anyone knows who voices who through out the entire four episodes?

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I liked this quite a bit. The Ms. Marvel vs. Captain Marvel fight was really cool to see. My only issue was a lot of the story seemed rushed (like the Avengers immediately quitting in Part 2 without much build-up) and that any drama they were hoping to mine from the ending was completely undercut by them basically screaming "Don't worry kids, Tony will definitely be back next season!" Seriously, did Zack Snyder direct that episode?

I liked the continuity nods they brought back from earlier episodes this season, especially Klaw's vibranium body being key to the finale. I honestly didn't expect that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thougth this four-part Civil War event was a pretty strong way to close out the season. Not perfect by any means, but still solid, consistent, and enjoyable overall and with plenty of action, fun character moments, and heroes in the spotlight. I'd say this finale is a testament to how much Assemble has improved for Ultron Revolution, as well as highlighting the areas or elements that have made this season more memorable, and hopefully is a sign that it'll continue to do so going into Secret War :).

I guess it was nice to see Assemble finally address Maximus given he was the one major element of the Inhumans they had yet to cover on the show, and obviously he's now sporting his redesign and Diedirch Bader VA from the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon, which I liked (consistency!) ;).

Though his personality was kind of completely different from how it was in Guardians, losing a lot of the zaniness that made him entertaining to watch on the latter, so here he was just your generic revolutionary anarchist who hates humans. I'm still not even sure how he was able to make Inferno lose control, was it his subtle mental powers that the episode failed to mention :confused:?

Why was Maximus piloting a giant Hydra robot? Did he steal it...from Hydra? And while that thing may no longer be Earth's problem, I can't help but wonder what will happen if it lands on a hapless alien planet :ack:...

Hulk wishes there was a "community of Hulks?" Well, you did once have a team of Hulks, but I guess I'm not surprised to see they're not brought up as much :sweat:.

Hulk trying to help Inferno gain control of himself was a kind of by-the-numbers Hulk moment, but still nice to see :).

I'm kind of surprised Tony just doesn't hand every Avenger their own Iron Man armor at this point :rolleyes2:.

How did Black Bolt's sonic scream not kill Maximus or wipe him out? isn't it supposed to be that strong :confused:?

How did Marsh have jurisdiction to arrest Inferno? He's a citizen of Attilan, and Attilan is a sovereign nation, so any "crime" he may have committed was out of any US jurisdiction that would've given Marsh reason to arrest him. I'm kind of surprised Black Bolt and Medusa just let Marsh take Dante away like that o_O.

Black Bolt...is kind of a terrible king. Not only does he agree to allow his people to be registered and profiled by an alien government, which leads them to be mind-controlled, but he also honestly considers putting quite a few of them into Terrigen-cocoon comas. I don't think T'Challa or Odin would ever consider going that far or treating their citizens that badly :eek:.

Attilan was starting to feel like the X-Men's Utopia for a second there, or at least a bigger-sized and grander Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. And then we have an Inhuman Registration Act established, just like the Mutant Registration Act in the comics. Look, I like the Inhumans, but their appearances on this show have not helped their case about not being stand-ins for Mutants :shrug:.

And the World Security Council just pops up because...synergy. Though speaking of the government, I'm wondering what SHIELD's reaction this might've been? Heck, shouldn't they have been the ones to be rounding up Inhumans for registration, rather then The Avengers given their tenuous relationship with the government? I mean, maybe MAU Fury has enough integrity to fight the IRA, but I guess SHIELD's decreased plot relevance in the movies also pertains to their role in the cartoons o_O...

It was nice to see more of the Nuhumans other then Inferno and Ms. Marvel. Granted, Iso, Flint, and Heachi didn't get much in the way of characterization, or even get to wear their costumes, but it was still kind of cool to see them. And Disney XD finally manages to fit Tania Gunadi into their Marvel cartoons :p.

Doesn't Tony own Avengers Tower? Can the government really just take it over to make it the base for their new Avengers team :confused:?

Where does the "Mighty" for the Might Avengers comes in, beyond the fact that it's an established Avengers adjective? The way the team seemed to be running themselves, they felt more like the "precise" Avengers compared to the main team who so often just wing it :rolleyes2:.

So The Avengers can't still fight crime without the government's say-so? Would Spider-Man have been in trouble if he wasn't already practically a SHIELD Agent? I actually wonder how Spidey and the rest of the teen heroes felt about the Inhuman Registration Act, even if throwing them all into this would probably have made an already large cast even more bloated :sweat:.

It was nice to see Baron Strucker again, even if he was only marginally more effective as a villain in this episode compared to his last appearance (they even brought up how badly he screwed-up with Yelena). Though how the heck is he still alive after getting punched by all those heroes, particularly the ones with Super-Strength :eek:?

The Mighty Avengers sure seemed to shift from being wary of working for Marsh and hunting down Inhumans to being all too happy to arrest people pretty quickly. I mean, I guess the show doesn't have the time or the patience to go into everybody's motivations for this, especially when in the end the point was to just get the two Avengers teams to fight each other, but you kinda have to wonder what changed to make the team feel willing (if not completely comfortable) to support the IRA o_O?

Speaking of, the fight between the two teams was a pretty fun and exciting action sequence, if of course not on the level of the airport fight from the Civil War movie. There were still plenty of interesting matchups and memorable moments to be found though. The Mighty Avengers seemed to have the edge in overall power over the main group, but our Avengers seemed to have better teamwork and ingenuity, which I found fitting :cool:.

Why is Carol Danvers always on the wrong side of a Civil War conflict :rolleyes:?

Uh...Tony, you remember you have a Stealth armor right :rolleyes2:?

Are we just forgetting that Scott used to be an Avenger last season? He was living in that Tower before any of the other heroes even showed up. You'd also think he'd be more conflicted about hunting down his former teammates then he seemed to be o_O.

What is it with Vision and hurting fellow Avengers? He doesn't even have the excuse that he was distracted by his newfound emotions this time. Though seeing Mjolnir take Cap down, and the heroes' reaction to it, was a genuinely brutal moment :eek:.

Ms. Marvel was a joy to watch here. Her fangirling and reaction faces were hilarious, and I'm glad we got to see her finally meet Captain Marvel, and her enthusiasm is always so endearing. The episode also did a good job of better showcasing her powers and how versatile she can be. I'm definitely looking forward to getting to see more of Kamala next season as a main cast member :anime:.

It was great to see Songbird again, and I felt she was a definite highlight across this four-parter. After all her achievements in the Thunderbolts arc, and her commitment to becoming a true hero, it was nice to have that be rewarded by seeing her become an official Avenger. And then she ends up being the first Mighty Avenger to really realize what they're doing is wrong and stand-up for what she believes in, showing that even a former Supervillain can know right from wrong ;).

I do kinda feel bad that Songbird went from being released from prison after reforming, then becoming an Avenger and full-fledged Superhero, only to end up being arrested and thrown in jail again for doing what's right. Poor girl just can't catch a break :(.

Though I was happy to see her working so prominently with the main Avengers team and contribute a lot to the overall group effort against Ultron, even helping wound Ultron in his nigh-invincible Vibranium body. I hope we get to see more of Songbird next season, and she's not dropped from the cast because she doesn't have movie coming out, because I feel like she's definitely earned her spot on The Avengers and as part of the show :D.

I guess I'm not surprised we didn't get to see the rest of the Thunderbolts again, because Melissa was obviously the most focused on and fleshed out member and this event had enough characters to deal with. Though I do still wonder what happened to them, especially since Songbird is now out-and-about, and what that might mean for Zemo o_O...

Can that cell in the Vault really negate Thor's connection to Mjolnir? I don't think it works that way :confused:...

Steve sure recovered pretty quickly from that injury, though it seemed more like an excuse to let Falcoln use the shield for a bit as a nice nod to Sam's career as Cap from the comics. Though while I liked the nod, I hope we leave it at that, because I would not be crazy about seeing a college-aged Sam Wilson becoming Captain America :sweat:.

So...I guess this makes Black Bolt and Medusa honorary Avengers :)?

I can't decide whether Marsh turning out to be Ultron is a smart, sensible, twist, the only logical way to explain how terrible and obstructive Marsh has been in all his appearances, a cop-out from any real conflict between the heroes (not that I mind, exactly), or anything in-between. I guess I'll at least commend the writers for trying to make Ultron relevant again in the finale of Ultron Revolution after how sporadic his appearance and prominence in the season named after him has been, though because of that I was actually kind of surprised to see Ultron show up :rolleyes2:.

That scene between Black Bolt and Medusa was sweet. Marvel Animation's abstaining from romance or romantic relationships in their cartoons is ever-present, but it's nice to see an iconic couple like Black Bolt and Medusa can still be together and have intimate moments like that :anime:.

Cap's smile after he was able to convince Black Bolt not to use the machine made it look like he was very happy with himself there, though, all things considered, that was a pretty good and inspiring speech :cool:.

"She's not a kid, she's an Avenger!" Uh...She's still a kid Carol, one who's face you were about to punch into mush. Though I guess it's kind of cool that being an Avenger apparently waives away your status as a minor :p...

Crystal and Triton continue to be the Royal Family members who continually get the shaft in terms of focus compared to the rest of their family. I mean, for Triton, it's typical at this point, and his prominence in USM is kind of an outline, but it's kind of jarring that Crystal, who's usually one of the more prominent and major Inhumans and who was also the first Inhuman to become an Avenger, continues to play a minor role in the cartoons :sad:.

So Black Widow can take down Karnak, but Captain Marvel and Black Panther can't? Uh...Widow having superpowers confirmed :sweat:?

I should've known that after the episode was left hanging on an image of Klaw's Vibranium armor, that it would come back into play in a big way. While I think it was an actual improvement for Ultron over his previous body, maybe because it didn't have so many unnecessarily lines and details, I also think it looked better before it morphed into his MCU head :ack:...

Y'know, I've had a lot of complaints about Ultron on this show. His MCU design not adapting well to animation, his unclear origins, his lack of charisma or menace as a villain, the repetition of his appearances, how he's probably been the least notable part of the season that's named after him, but I will say that he's a definite improvement from his MCU counterpart in terms of his physical capabilities. Even MCU Ultron, with his Vibranium body, wasn't that much of a threat to The Avengers, but here he was able to take on all the heroes and practically dominated the entire fight :evil:.

I guess it was nice to see Dr. Strange again after his one appearance this season, even if there isn't a movie for him to promote anymore, though his coming in with a perfect way to defeat Ultron felt kind of anti-climactic. And I guess this will probably be the last appearance of his original MAU design for the foreseeable future...

What exactly did Vision do to the machine to beat Ultron? Did he reverse the polarity or something :confused:?

After an entire season and a half of leaving it completely ambiguous, they finally confirm that Tony built Ultron in this continuity...in a one-off line that you probably could've missed if you weren't listening carefully :sweat:.

So...Ultron can now control the neural, electronic, signals in the human body to control someone? That kinda came out-of-nowhere o_O.

The heroes seemed to jump pretty quickly to the idea of taking Tony out, though at least once the main team were reunited with him we actually got some genuine sadness over his situation. I've ragged on how sometimes it feels like the team could care less about Tony, but their reaction to having to leave him behind there was heartfelt, and Steve and Tony's Kirk/Spock moment was actually kind of poignant :crying:.

You can tell this show has completely forgotten about Winter Soldier when Steve says Tony is the best friend he's had...ever. Apparently Bucky doesn't merit a mention :(.

I guess a season heavily-based around Age of Ultron wouldn't be complete without ending with the team moving from Avengers Tower to the Avengers Compound and working with a group of New Avengers, because synergy. I'm honestly kind of going to miss the Tower, if only because it's a better visual then the Compound, but hopefully it won't get trashed as often as Avengers Tower was :rolleyes2:...

I doubt we'll see Tony stay out-of-commission for very long. Beyond the fact that he's the closest thing to a lead character on the show, for better or worse, I don't see the series leaving him in a limbo like that permanently and none of the characters seem to think it'll be permanent either. And we now have him leading the team from beyond dimensions, so it's not like his role on the show will be that diminished :proud:.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Took me longer than usual, but I managed to be the season finale. I have to admit, it was really epic in every single way. However, I have a few things to comment about each part:

1º) "Fall of Attilan":
    + Nobody recognized something familiar back in Las Vegas. The heroes fought in the Colossus, the same casino constructed to honor Hulk back in "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH".
    + Do you think Red Skull or Baron Strucker could be interested in buying Maximus' Hydra Robot? It would be quite ironic.
    + Hulk said "Wish there would be a community of Hulks". Excuse me, but did he forget his time with other Hulks in "Agents of SMASH" or what? A little respect for continuity, please!!
    + Quite appropiated, New Attilan became Connecticut's animated version. The way Maximus tried to destroy the city reminded me back from the 4F's series in the 90s, with Maximus isolating Attilan with the Negative Barrier.

2º) "The Mighty Avengers":
    + My prediction was right. Sick of Truman, the Avengers quit, then he recruits new members to follow his orders and orders the new ones to imprission the old ones.
    + The Council were just like the ones from the movies (mainly "Captain America - Winter Soldier"). But since they were puppets, were they even real at any point?
    + Ant-Man vs Falcon was just like in Ant-Man's movie. Did you notice it?
    + Miss Marvel's behaviour was for me a clear homenage to Ultimate Spider-Man's style. Men, I just can't believe they cancelled the show!!

3º) "Drums of War":
    + Avengers imprisoned in the Raft, another reference to the movies, mainly "Captain America - Civil War". The irony really kills me.
    + Falcon using the shield, clearly a reference to his role in the comics taking Cap's boots after he was turned into an old man.
    + So Truman Marsh was really Ultron... Were you really surprised? Because I wasn't even for a minute. First, the president and the council were working too fast giving Marsh authority to make these decisions, when we know burocracy is a never-ending nightmare. Second, he was always in the right place to cause problems to the Avengers; a clear hint from a villain. And third, because Truman is almost an anagram of Ultron, people. UmTRaN almost like UlTRoN.

4º) "Avengers Revolution":
    + Avengers Tower destroyed and they pick up as new base the same one from the movies. Pity, I really like that tower.
    + Was that Lola (the car) back in Howard Stark's lab? It was present in the movies too, the first one with Captain America, actually.
    + Klaw's armor took a role in the season finale... Not a surprise. At the end of its first episode, the camera took a long look on it.
    + Ultron merged with Tony Stark, creepy. Then again, this is the same it happened in the comics, only with Hank Pym instead. I didn't like any version anyway.
    + Iron Man is the Avenger who went down at the end of the season, unexpected. I was almost convinced it would be either Hulk or Thor. Anyway, the way he acted at the end as a voice in the building (similar to Friday or Jarvis) made me think about his current status quo on the comics; as a AI inside Ironheart's armor.

A few more things to add:
    + Songbird was good, but considering this epic battle, it would have been perfect if the rest of the Thunderbolts would have been here too. This could have turned into real heroes.
    + Well, we know Tony/Iron Man will return thanks to the info about that episode with Peggy Carter. Still, I don't see how they are going to make it. Either way, I bet Ultron will return too. Maybe we will have the introduction of Jocasta or some other AI; possibly Jocasta will be created with Friday.
    + In the meantime, while Tony Stark is "unavailable", maybe we will see James Rhodes finally debuting here as Tony's replacement as Iron Man? Then he could finally become War Machine, especially because we have seen the armor for a long time already.
    + Finally, I can't wait to see next season!!!

Well, what do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

The only thing I didn't like is that they left Crystal and Triton out the whole time. And where was Lockjaw? How can they leave the whole royal family out?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Other thoughts:

- I think this is the first time I've ever completely believed in Iron Man as leader of The Avengers. I mean, they've always referred to him or treated him as the leader, but I think this arc was the first time it really seemed true or convincing, maybe even more so then Tony as leader in EMH. He was giving out smart and sensible orders left-and-right, he had confidence in himself and in his team, and he was able to command all the heroes together successfully. It's actually kind of a shame that, having finally demonstrated him as a successful leader for maybe the first time ever on the show, they just shove him into limbo at the end :ack:.

- Why did those Guardsmen have to wrestle Inferno down? He was willingly turning himself in :mad:.

- Now that I think about it, intentional or not, Songbird was kind of the equivalent to Scarlet Witch this season. She started as a villain, became a hero with some inspiration from Hawekye, has a very prominent accent, is arrested and imprisoned alongside the rogue Avengers like Wanda was in Civil War, and ends up joining the main Avengers near the end like Wanda did in Age of Ultron. And while their powersets are completely different, they are similar in that they're both very versatile :).

- I just realized...they've never mentioned Songbird's real name, have they? Melissa Gold? I think she was the only character in this event who was never once referred to by their civilian name, and I don't think it was mentioned in the Thunderbolts/Masters of Evil arc either o_O.

- So, given the fact that Songbird was wearing her costume in her cell and they were suposed dampen any tech or abilities, that is what she's supposed to look like now, rather then Screaming Mimi? Because the Thunerbolts arc made it vague whether the Masters' hero looks were real or just illusions to mask their true identities :confused:.

- I'd like to believe T'Challa is better then that, but I can't help but think that the only reason he agreed to work with Marsh was because Widow ticked him off :p.

- I kind of wonder what it's like for James C. Mathis III and Jennifer Hale to come back to an Avengers cartoon like this after having been a big part of EMH. I'm suddenly imagining Mathis referring to the current cast by their EMH equivalents, and Hale saying lines for Captain Marvel even though she's supposed to be voicing Songbird :rolleyes2:.

- Carol telling Kamala she likes the name "Ms. Marvel" still works as a nod because Grey Griffin also voiced Ms. Marvel on Super Hero Squad ;).

- How did Ultron even pull off the "Truman Marsh" masquerade? Is there an actual government agent named Truman Marsh who he replaced? Did he mess with the government's systems to create the Truman Marsh identity and give him more control over what was going on? Did he replace the entire World Security Council with fakes, like the one that set The Avengers up? I just feel like Ultron's entire plan would've come apart if any of the team had bothered to ask anyone else in the government about Marsh :shrug:.

- Y'know, I'd wonder how Stark Industries and any of Tony's other friends (like Pepper, Happy, or even Rhodey) would handle his being stuck in another dimension, but I know the show is probably never going to address any of that :sweat:.

And Lockjaw was even there for a brief moment in part 1...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed, and while the cool factor of seeing so many heroes helped a bit to scratch out the negatives, my biggest gripe with this four-parter, as expected, were the character motivations.

When Marsh first hired the new Avengers team, most of the were pretty reluctant, and Panther even voiced his reservations about forcing Inhumans to wear those trackers. Later in that same episode, when the real Avengers appear, suddenly all the new Avengers are on Marsh's side? Huh?

And then later, they switch sides...off-screen. That....seems like it should have been on-screen. And I guess the enemy found Kamala anyway. :p

But it was still fun, and there were lots of neat moments sprinkled throughout (Kamala is just a really enjoyable character, Ultron taking over Tony's body was in the most literal sense was unexpected, and Doctor Strange finally got to use some of the OP magic he's known for).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

This was a pleasant surprise. Probably my favorite finale of the series. Between this, Guardians, and a new Spider-Man cartoon could we possibly see a turning point for Marvel Animation as a whole, fingers crossed?

"I have a headquarters prepared for you." Cuts to Avengers Tower. I laughed out loud at that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not that it's probably saying much, but agreed :).

I think we're definitely seeing an uptick in quality for Marvel cartoons going forward, far better then the Loeb-era a few years ago, and hopefully the show's improving will continue going forward and the quality will remain relatively consistent :cool:.

I don't think we're on the level of the best Marvel cartoons of yesteryear yet, and there's still some issues that I think the cartoons need to address, but I also think we might be on a slow-climb back up there ;).

Hopefully Marvel Animation will petition Disney for a bigger animation budget next :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

In my case I will wait for the next Avengers series, not the next season... I already gave up with Avengers Assemble, so many thing and changes that I don't like... some not by creativity, just by synergy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I agree, Maybe they'll decide to petition them to make Iron Man and Captain America shows which the latter was reported to be worked on by Gary Marsh. Disney Channel's Gary Marsh on Tabloid Teen Stars, Marvel and the Junk Food Ban (Q&A) | Hollywood Reporter

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Royal Rubble will probably post the official credit list for the cast, but I can at least confirm who reprised their roles:

On a side-note, and while I may be in the minority on this, I'd just like to say that I'll miss Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man, since this finale was apparently his swan song in the role and he won't be returning for season 4 :(.

I won't say he's the best Iron Man voice ever, he could oftentimes deliver very dry and monotone performance, though he also didn't have the best material to work with most of the time (something a lot of current Marvel VA's share to some degree), but I think he was able to deliver a solid performance in general and grew into the role overtime. It's also pretty amazing to think that he's been voicing Iron Man fairly consistently since 2011, starting with the Marvel Anime's, so he's practically been the character in animation for 6 years :cool:.

It would've been nice to have seen Pasdar get to explore more of Iron Man's world and supporting cast then he was able to during his tenure with the character, but at least he got to go off on a high note with this event :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't really think of too much to say about this finale. I enjoyed it, it was a pretty satisfying conclusion and tied-up some of the elements the season had throughout its run. This version of Civil War was an interesting adaptation, taking elements from the comics and the live-action movie (of course) while creating a somewhat new story in the progress. The Inhumans being in the middle of the Civil War was probably the most logical way to go around it, considering their presence so far on the show and the overall lack of actual mutants like the X-Men.

The Mighty Avengers was a decent idea and I liked the team roster, but their motivations for following Marsh's orders and then rebelling against him just felt glossed over. The fight scenes they all participated in were pretty awesome. It was cool seeing the likes of Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man and Vision again even if they had to fight their friends. I am looking forward to seeing them on the same side next season, that should be fun. Plus, a proper pay-off to Songbird becoming a hero (though it's too bad we didn't see the other former Thunderbolts).

The fights with the mind-controlled Inhumans were good but I didn't particularly care for them resorting to mind-control again for this to happen. Still, pretty entertaining fights and some cool match-ups I wasn't really expecting. Great scenes with the Mighty Avengers trying to take down the mind-controlled Ms. Marvel.

I thought the ending with Ultron was the weakest part of the story-arc. It wasn't really bad, it just felt kind of anti-climatic after the Civil War parts. It was fitting Ultron would return at least for the season finale. Him masquerading as Marsh was somewhat predictable but I admit I doubted it was him for a while. I was still expecting Marsh to be an accomplice or one of Ultron's minions, though.

The fights with Ultron's robots were good. It was especially cool seeing all these heroes in the same place, after so many episodes focusing on only the original team from the beginning of the show. I wasn't expecting Doctor Strange to return. The final fight with Ultron was pretty nice and the way they defeated him - by trapping Iron Man in another dimension - was handled pretty well, though I felt they kind of rushed through that as well. It should be pretty obvious Tony will return next season, perhaps not from the premiere but he'll be back for sure.

I might post some more detailed comments later on, for each episode in part, but all things considered I thought this was a good season finale. It's kind of funny but looking back on it, I think the episodes where Ultron actually showed up were my least favorites. But hopefully the next season will be even better.

I only have the credits for the last episode this time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm kind of surprised we didn't see Hope Van Dyne pop up in this event, given she's being advertised as part of the main cast next season along with the rest of the Mighty Avengers. Although I guess they wanted to use just established characters over the course of this season, rather then introduce a completely new character in the finale :shrug:.

Though I'm not sure anyone would have minded if that Egghead episode with Ant-Man was changed to a Wasp debut episode :sweat:.

On a personal note, a part of me kinda wishes we could see Songbird stick with the New Avengers rather then putting the Hope Van Dyne Wasp in there, but I get that the cartoons have to promote the movie heroes. And four women on one team is probably too much for a Marvel cartoon :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1