1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers: Ultron Revolution "Adapting to Change" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 13, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Season Premiere!

1. *****

66.7%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

16.7%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

16.7%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Avengers re-assemble for the third season of Avengers Assemble! Tune in for the premiere of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Adapting to Change"
    Episode Debut - March 13th, 2016
    Directed by: Phil Pignotti
    Written by: Eugene Son

The Avengers learn what it’s like to work as a team again and battle A.I.M.’s latest weapon – a new and improved Super Adaptoid developed by the Scientist Supreme.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Seeing Banner was a welcome surprise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a really strong premier and one of the best episodes of Assemble yet, with some of the best fight choreography in an Avengers show since...well, Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Really great return by Assemble here in my opinion :D.

Cap and Widows new looks are pretty busy, and I personally preferred their old costumes and feel their were other Avengers who could've used costume upgrades, but they looked better in motion then in the still shots we've gotten. Still pretty busy-looking though ;).

Holy crud, we're getting the classic Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts! We had Goliath, Screaming Mimi, even Beetle! Now we just need Moonstone, Fixer, and Zemo. Though obviously the Masters of Evil didn't present themselves as too big a threat for the team here, but I expect that to change under Zemo's leadership :eek:.

Jennifer Hale as Melissa/Screaming Mimi was a nice surprise, though I wonder if she's still going to have that southern drawl as Songbird (or be as shrill)? I also thought it was cute when Beetle caught her and she gave him a nice look, given their relationship in the comics (so does that subtly confirm this Beetle is Abe Jenkins?), event though Beetle kinda ruined it at the end :p.

Ant-Man just left the team when things started to die down? Feels like a shame given he was the first big addition to the team in season 2, especially for his departure to happen off-screen. I wonder how long before Scott comes back o_O?

I found it odd that Tony mentioned the team all having jobs and personal lives outside the team when we barely ever get to see any of that aside from Black Widow :sweat:.

So JARVIS has already been replaced by FRIDAY? Is no one on the team going to comment on that? Or are we just supposed to assume JARVIS became Vision in the interim and nobody's going to mention it :confused:?

Kinda ambiguous as to what Tony meant when he said he was responsible for Ultron...does he mean he actually created the AI in the first place? Or are we back on Arsenal? Probably completely deliberate on the show's part :rolleyes2:.

I wasn't expecting the show to just jump us into Bruce Banner like that, quickly not being the Hulk and contributing to the team, as if it was natural for Bruce to just appear like that. I mean, you'd expect them to make a bigger deal about it given Hulks been Hulked Out 24/7 on all the cartoons and has only ever changed back once in Assemble and that the team has never really been shown to interact with him :ack:.

Still, it was nice to see him, but I can't say I'm crazy about the voice they gave him. I felt Jesse Burch's performance was just very unremarkable as Banner, and Fred Tatasciore has done a better job of playing Banner previously in both Assemble and SMASH :shrug:.

That was Jim Meskimen as the Scientist Supreme? Wow. He did a great "Nolan North doing Stoick the Vast" impression there. Pretty nice take on the Scientist Supreme here though, odd accent aside, and his plan here was actually pretty cool and honestly it felt like he came closer to beating The Avengers here then anything MODOK ever did while leading AIM. Supereme Adaptoid was pretty cool :cool:.

Now I suddenly really want to know what happened between Clint and Natasha in Tokyo :anime:.

Wow, Ultron had more personality in his few lines here then he did in the entirety of season 2. Guess James Spader will do that to you :evil:.

Hawkeye screwup counter: Goes off on his own mission with half the team instead of bringing in everyone (okay, that's a little nitpicky on my part) or checking with Widow, turning Bruce into Hulk which gives the Adaptoids Hulk's super-strength, and it was pretty dumb of him to not take fighting Adaptoids seriously given how much trouble they've given the team in the past :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Thor's laugh sounds...pure evil! More so than Loki's.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Lol! I heard it in the bathroom and I was like "they got Red Skull in this episode already?"

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I only saw the first 5 to 7 minutes of this episode (and then I fell back to sleep), but while the art and washed out colors in this series still didn't look that good, I thought that the animation was much better in this episode than it was in previous episodes. So was my eyes playing tricks on me or was the animation in this episode better than it was in previous episodes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree. The choreography and character movement was also a lot more natural and kinetic in this episode then in past seasons, which is why I compared it to EMH :cool:.

8. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

So... we still don't know who created Ultron? we all know that for synergy is Tony, but they should confirm this once and for all... I'm a fan of Pym, but I no longer care who created Ultron in the animated series, I don't know why they didn't confirm what we all know :p a confirmation should take only a few seconds.

Oh yeah... The "classic" Masters of Evil... I prefer call them the original Thunderbolts because in my opinion they are not the most classic members of the Masters of Evil... in fact, Under Siege included more members like Mr Hyde, Wrecking Crew, Absorbing Man, Titania, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Incidentally, Mimi looks somewhat like Killer Frost in Assault on Arkham.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

This is why I am ticked off, the animation is great and better but the visual presentation doesn't match.

If it was coloured like Ultimate Spider-Man season 1, dark, vibrant, lighting colouring design we would have had Marvel's Young Justice and legend of korra, it would have being incredible.

rrrrrrrggh!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #10 bigdaddy313, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  11. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

It made more sense to use these characters if we're getting the Thunderbolts soon. You'd have to explain why those other characters were no longer part of the team (unless you had them take on fake hero identities too), so I'm fine with the change.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Capt.Traphouse

Writing is much better. Season 1's dialogue sounds like Madlibs compared to this.

I hope the fights are more like this. Where they're on screen and they flow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Good start for the new season, but I have some things to say about this episode:

+ So, the Masters of Evil are compound by Goliath, Beetle and Screaming Mimi. I guess this confirm their debut as the Thunderbolts Atlas, Mach-IV and Songbird. I suppose they will eventually betray Zemo to keep their heroic identities and Zemo will form a more serious version of the Masters of Evil. Surely, more similar to the version from "Avengers: Erath's Mightiest Heroes".

+ We have another continuity problem around here. Nobody has noticed that Beetla had his broken armor just like at the end of "Agent Venom, right after Flash took pieces of his armor to became Agent Venom? Even although in his next appearances, in "New Warriors" and "Contest of Champions", he had it repaired again. What is going on here?

+ Well, some things have been explained. It has been several weeks since season 2's finale and Ant-Man went solo again. Honestly, they look like more months than weeks.

+ I didn't expect to see Bruce Banner. By the way, it has a different look than from the previous season "Valhalla can wait" and "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH". Why?

+ I don't have anything against the Scientist Supreme, but where the webs is MODOK?

+ The Avengers are clearly rusty in this episode, and they had to jinx themselves saying that there was no more threats to fight. Well, here's your wish, now Ultron is back.

+ I was right about the preview. Basically, Ultron's remains absorved one of the Super-Adaptoids to complete himself. But he said he absorved the Scientist Supreme's intelligence? How the webs was he able to do that?

Well, what do you think?

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"I'm never wrong." Obviously Tony has forgotten seasons 1 and 2 :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Hopefully the next few issues of the Infinite Digital Comic will explain how AIM got possession of Ultron, despite the fact that he was incinerated in the Sun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Capt.Traphouse

So AIM basically has an IQ of 6?

"Gee, the robot that our boss was afraid of and tried to augment his body in order to avoid him is dead, lets rebuild him because LOL EVIL!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The animation was so good in this episode. I hope the whole season can keep it up. The action scenes were also really well done, especially against the final Adaptoid. The Avengers even used some really good teamwork, rare in the first two seasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if we'll finally hear Beetle start to talk consistently once he becomes Mach-1? What better way to hide he's really The Beetle then by not shutting up :p?

I also wonder if Mimi's accent is supposed to be a reference to Melissa being born in Wyoming?

19. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

The 5 to 7 minutes of this episode that I saw gave off a feeling that this was a soft reboot of the series without actually being a reboot (which makes it a revamp). It's like they were treating this episode as the very first episode of AA and retelling the story of that first episode with a slightly different twist and with different villains. It's as if the producers,directors,and writers were given a chance to redo the first episode of AA and took the opportunity to try and do a better job this time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Capt.Traphouse

Seriously, I'm going on Tumblr to congratulate Wacker. Looks like Marvel is putting some big boy money behind the show. The animation is so crisp and the fight scenes are so much more on point.

Capt's face when he said "How does one become a Master of Evil?" had more movement than all of Season 1!

In a perfect world, they would have the entire Squadron Supreme arc redone with this level of animation and art.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1