Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Under the Spell of the Enchantress" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 22, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Avengers: Secret Wars" episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Under the Spell of the Enchantress"
    Episode Debut - October 22nd, 2017

Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel travel to an icy asteroid to rescue Thor from the Enchantress.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Watching the Marvel's properly team-up was pretty fun, with Kamala alternating between fangirling and trying to impress her favorite hero, while Carol tried to instill Kamala with more confidence and independence :).

Ms. Marvel's enthusiasm and quips always help liven up an episode :anime:.

Another fairly solid showing for Enchantress. I still really miss Kari Wahlgren, but Fryda Wolff's take on Amora is really growing on me, and watching her mystify with her magic and her vain and regal personality is always fun ;).

Thor getting stuck by Amora in a very Destroyer-esque armor was fitting, though I also couldn't help but think of it as a bondage gear outfit :eek:.

Wasn't Mjolnir shown to be at the bottom of the ocean after Thor vanished? So how did Enchantress get to it :confused:?

Wow, they had Enchantress going full-on Elsa with those snowmen :rolleyes2:.

Y'know, I'm glad they kept Enchantress' desire for Thor intact, but with Marvel's no-romance policy for the cartoons it feels kind of problematic that the only character to really express a romantic interest in another also just happens to be a Supervillain, with that desire for the male hero being presented as a bad thing :sweat:.

"I say Thee Nay!" Yep, Thor's back :D.

Huh, I guess Enchantress is the only Cabal Member who gets away (although Skurge didn't so much get taken into custody as left to fend for himself against trolls) o_O.

I love how Ms. Marvel interrupts Thor's dramatic speech :p.

Uh...so I guess we're just going to leave all those guys on that piece of a floating asteroid with no way to get any help or sustain themselves :confused:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #2 Frontier, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

With Enchantress, I wouldn't be surprised.... ;)

Yeah, that bugged me too. Sure, they're not going to burn now, but....what now? Guess they'd better get cozy.

Even though Ms. Marvel's character arc here was obvious, it wasn't cheesy like I thought it'd be (maybe because it's actually realistic for the young Kamala to have doubts compared to her seniors)

The snowman thing was...unexpected. I wonder if the snow theme here was done on purpose because of the next episode?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

More and more Ms. Marvel on this show is reminding me of Wasp from Earth's Mightiest Heroes with her infectious enthusiasm, plucky attitude, and quips :).

Kamala just livens up any scene she's in :anime:.

5. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, not on board with the Ms. Marvel love-fest; she seems a bit MarySue-ish for my taste. Captain Marvel is still way different from the Carol Danvers of yore; abrasive and annoying, but it comes out as forced, not natural like the Claremont characterization or the Busiek characterization. Just another cardboard costume with an attitude problem. /yawn

This version of the Enchantress is just annoying - no charisma, a stolen Sersi costume (she really does need her complete costume), and boring writing. Oh well... the writing here was really uncreative and lackluster.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Whatever I might say about Ms. Marvel's handling on this show, I wouldn't say she's Mary Sue-ish or that the show is a love-fest in her favor (compared to any other character).

I think she fills out the plucky young hero role on the show, on-top of being a stand-in for the fans with her fangirling, and I think the show does a decent job of handling both aspects of that for her character :).

At least Carol's attitude isn't as bad as it was in Ultron Revolution.

I think they pretty much nailed her personality and Fryda Wolff is really growing on me (but she's no Kari Wahlgren), but without the skirt her costume does look a lot like Sersi's :p.

7. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

You want to talk Mary Sue? Look at Black "I took on the CABAL myself after the Avengers were vaporized and I'm getting my own season" Panther. Huge BP fan but he's this show's Mary Sue and walking love fest.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was pretty cool seeing Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel team-up since this is basically the first time we really get to see them together on this show. Kamala did get kind of annoying as the episode played out but it was kind of understandable given she's younger and she got a chance to be paired up with her idol. It wasn't all that bad.

Amora's plan here was kind of lame but I guess they needed a story to get Thor back to the team. Him wearing that Destroyer armor was pretty random, and I thought the way Carol made him break out from under Amora's spell could have been handled better.

I liked the bit with Kamala telling Thor to hurry up and stop his unnecessarily long speech. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He still takes his fair share of hits though ;).

Although it's kind of in T'Challa's character to be hyper-competent :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Under The Spell Of The Enchantress"

Evil Mutant Snowmen! Like something out of Calvin's imagination.

Love Miss Marvel calling Thor "Kid" and telling him he did good.

Dire ending. ***1/2.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Kamala was a bit annoying in this episode, but I guess it can be forgiven since this is the first episode where it’s just her Carol. And maybe it was her nervousness but I felt she was really holding back on her powers, she’s more powerful than they normally depict her.
    Also, I kind of don’t like Enchantress. She’s hammy in her dialogue and not in a fun way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Barbossa

Barbossa Active Member

They are really trying to make Kamala adorable, quirky and likable, but its too on the nose and its having the opposite effect.

• Like Like x 1