Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Show Your Work" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 27, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Avengers: Secret Wars" episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars, today at 9:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Show Your Work"
    Episode Debut - August 27th, 2017
    Written by - Zach Craley
    Directed by - Micah Gunnell

The Avengers form an unlikely team with the Taskmaster to stop Modok from wiping out Earth.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Those cute little MODOK babies are all dead. :crying:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. General Mike

General Mike Member

Miss Marvel saying "Taskmaster? Awesome!" was totally me.

The interaction between her and Vision not getting her references was cool.

"the answer should be 616"

The top of the pyramid flying off reminded me of a GI Joe comic from 30+ years ago.

Overall really liked it as a Miss Marvel/ Vision focused episode.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Best episode of the batch. Taskmaster was actually a really cool guest star, and he, Ms. Marvel, and Vision had some fun dialogue. M.O.D.O.K. isn't the most exciting villain, but whatever, he was just the vehicle for a fun space adventure.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

All these scenes with Kamala at school and they couldn't show at least someone from her supporting cast in the comics? Even in a cameo o_O?

It was cool to see Taskmaster play such a big role in this episode. The cartoons' takes on him has probably been one of their stronger adaptions, dating back to Ultimate Spider-Man, so it's always great when he shows up somewhere and as always accompanied by Clancy Brown's memorable voice :cool:.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get a fight between Taskmaster and Black Panther. You have two expert, hand-to-hand, combatants and you never have them fight one another? For shame :rolleyes:.

It was interesting seeing Ms. Marvel stuck between two mentors, essentially, in Vision and Taskmaster and how that impacted her and how she in turn impacted them :).

After all the times MODOK's AIM goons have been easily dispatched by the Avengers, I'm not surprised to see him finally just move on to using robots for hencheman. Especially robots programmed to fight like Taskmaster :eek:.

MODOK's moon base, I just...it's so MODOK :p.

Y'know, if the Watcher wasn't probably under an FF-embargo (even though the MCU have featured them) it would've been nice to see him reacting to MODOK being on the moon alongside him :rolleyes2:.

I understood the show's intentions with Kamala tearing up the work Taskmaster did for her, but after he went to the trouble of helping her out, it felt kind of spiteful for her to do that :sad:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I ended up liking this one the most. Maybe because out of everyone Ms. Marvel's my favorite member.

It's cute how well she got along with Taskmaster. Some of the Vision stuff was cute, but the whole "robot not understanding slang" thing was a bit ho-hum.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Same here. I love her enthusiasm and personality.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Kind of reminds me of Wasp from EMH ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Wasn't a fan of this Taskmaster. He's an awesome character (too hard for me to learn in Marvel vs. Capcom 3) but his appearance...made no sense. Why not send an email about MODOK's plan? If he attempted to betray the Avengers and steal something that would have been better but he just felt thrown in on this episode.

He's still cool and had great lines. Loved his voice.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I forgot to mention in my review, but yeah, I felt the same. And she did it right in front of him, too.

Obviously, cheating is wrong, but it was pretty harsh.

Of course, she is a teen, so I guess she can get away with it. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Taskmaster was pretty cool. I liked how he and Vision acted as mentors to Ms. Marvel in this episode and while she did pick up a few tricks from Taskmaster, it was fairly obvious she wouldn't be completely corrupted by him in the end.

MODOK was alright and his plan was kind of interesting. The NODOKs and MOON-DOK base were a little too silly for me (or at least their names). But overall, I liked the episode.

• Agree Agree x 1