1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Avengers No More, Parts 1-2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jun 17, 2017.

?

Rate and Discuss the Season 4 Premiere of "Avengers Assemble"!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As I said in the main news thread, I thought the way they took out the original Avengers was pretty underwhelming but I'd probably be more bothered by it if I didn't think we'll likely still be seeing them on their own adventures alongside what the New Avengers are doing.
    This version of Carol has had likability issues since her debut in my opinion, but I think she was at least a bit more tolerable here. I think her biggest problem, and with Carol as Captain Marvel in general, is that it just sometimes feels like Marvel is trying too hard with her :oops:.

I don't think Hope was much of a jerk here, at least compared to her movie incarnation, but I think her bigger issue is just that she doesn't seem to have a clearly-defined personality or characterization outside being "The movie Wasp" and being a straight woman to the rest of the team's antics. I feel like her "It's about darn time" line being one of the first things she says, without any meaningful context, just perfectly encapsulates all her issues on the show so far :rolleyes:.

I don't know why they seem to like having Black Panther growl other then because it's a joke that goes along with his codename. This version of T'Challa does seem a tad more aggressive or confrontational compared to the norm though, so maybe it's fitting in it's own way :shrug:.

They've obviously reboot Ant-Man to be closer to the movie version, even though we've had a completely different Ant-Man for roundabouts 3-4 years at this point, so there's really not much to say on that front. At least Josh Keaton is making it work as best he can (as he always does) :sweat:.

I'm not really sure what they're doing with Vision. He feels more like a polite, British, robot, then he actually does Vision. Which I guess makes sense if they're going full-on with him just being JARVIS in a robot body, but they haven't even outright confirmed that much in the show itself :confused:.

I thought Jane was really cool here so I kind of don't want to see her just turn into a female version of Thor, but maybe they can do something interesting with it given they're obviously not going to adapt the sacrificial nature of Jane as Thor from the comics :ack:.

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree with the complaints you guys have with the characters. The problem is that there's an even split between characters, you got three straight-men (Black Panther, Vision, and Hope), and I hope they'll be fleshed out more in the future episodes. It's also weird how different Ant-Man is compared to how he was in previous seasons. It just goes to show how much their willing to be in touch with the MCU that they'll disregard a character's previous behavior in order to match how one acts in the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to get kind of worried about what they're going to do to Dr. Strange now, in light of his movie being released :eek:.

I mean, they've already recast him to begin with by this point, but will they do it again :ack:?

Or are they going to have O'Brien try and do a poor man's Benedict Cumberbatch/MCU Strange rather then the classic Strange he's been portraying across all the cartoons o_O?