1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "The Age of Tony Stark" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Nov 16, 2014.

?

Rate and Comment on this Episode!

1. *****

20.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

20.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

40.0%
  9. *

20.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The second season of Avengers Assemble continues on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Assemble "The Age of Tony Stark"
    Episode Premiere Date - November 16th, 2014
    When the Time Stone becomes attached to Tony's arc reactor, it causes him to de-age and brings dangers from other eras, including dinosaurs, into present-day New York City.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Armored Adventures, ha.

3. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

Well, I hate to tell all of you this but I've already seen the episode with On Demand before it actually aired.

Thought Stark looked good as a kid. I must say, that picture of him in that C.A. costume looks nice.

Not that I hate it but the "character turns into a baby/kid scenario" is overused.

#3 Alonso Torrejon, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  4. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Well I've seen worse examples of this over done cliche, Tony bringing up this rivalry with Cap comes completely out of no where but at least they're trying.

I'm still incredibly sick of these episodes without any actual villain and relying on a plot device even more though.

5. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

So there was no villain in the episode....so was there any fight scenes???? I think it's gonna be boring...

6. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I meant an overall villain, of course there's fights these marvel shows can't go one minute without one.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually liked this one. Even Hawkeye got some laughs from me (!)

Tony being turned into a kid was genric, but it led to some cool scenes (I like when he used his rocket skates to attack the Skull).

I do find it lazy that the Skull just escaped like that.

Thor's pet was cool looking.

8. strugler

strugler Member

This was by far the worst episode of the season.

I was okay with the de-aging at first, but having kid tony pulling Denis the menace like gags on Skull was cringeworthy.

Also why the heck did he need to build a full suite? wouldn't a gauntlet be enough to remove the fused time stone?

Any way, here is my full review: Avengers Assemble S02E07 " The Age of Tony stark" Review it gets a 5/10 very disappointing

9. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, to be honest. That scene at beginning where Tony figured out how to find the Time Stone from Red Skull's insane scrawlings was really cool. The fight scenes were also really good. Hawkeye walking on Widow's skycycle while she rotated it like a barrel was a highlight. Hulk bowling with triceratopses was pretty cool too.

The humor also took a step up this episode with Thor actually coming up with a couple of genuinely funny lines. Teen Tony was alright, they managed to communicate Tony's issues with is father more effectively in this episode than they did in the season openers. The scenes with Cap and younger Tony also worked well, but I'd like to see an episode where Cap learns something from Iron Man as a nice change of pace. The Home Alone-style hijinks weren't that great, but at least they managed to make sense keeping with Tony's character.

Anyone else notice that one of the robots identified Hulk as "The Maestro?"

10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I really liked that little Easter egg. I wonder if they'll ever visit that dark future. The original story was one of those storyarcs that really wowed me when I was a kid.

Another neat little Easter egg was making Tony's kid armor the original Ditko red and yellow with the pointy faceplate.

When I first saw the promo for this last week, I pretty much expected something akin to the new Hulk episode but it turned out to be something pretty fun for me to sit through. Home Alone did come to mind when Young Tony was on his own in the tower but an out of his mind Red Skull seems a bit more threatening than Harry and Marv did. I liked the interactions between all of the Avengers as well, even the little Widow/Hawkeye fist bump.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

So Red Skull is free now and his mind has been righted by the time stone. However, he was carried off by that pterodactyl. So he's either lost in prehistoric times or he managed to get free before the time wave set everything back.

I liked the Maestro reference, hope that means we can see the dark future with the Hulk turning into the Maestro. If they do that episode, I vote for the Next Avengers to make another animation appearance.

The Avengers taking the Time Stone and bringing about an invasion of dinosaurs, evil robots and HYDRA fighters from WWII to the middle of New York gets a What the Hell Hero?! from me.

12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I wish I could read the casting credits for Kid Stark.

13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Hope this helps.

ForumRunner_20141117_012448.jpg

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I liked that the episode addressed Tony having an inferiority complex with Cap, but it is rooted in Tony idolizing Cap as a kid. It's a step up from Tony Stark being an incompetent leader while Cap should clearly be in charge of the team without the rest of the group begging Iron Man to take over again.

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This episode was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting much from it but I think it turned out pretty great in the end. The action scenes were nice, the brief interactions between the heroes were good and the short scene with kid Tony remembering his dad was done better here than in the episode that introduced Arsenal. It's still kind of weird they haven't addressed this at all until now and only in two episodes so far.

Tony's older armor design was pretty cool (though I was expecting it to be the original grey armor), and the brief moment of foreshadowing to the Maestro Hulk. Or at least I hope it was foreshadowing his appearance in a later story, though if it does happen I wish it will be on this show rather than Hulk's show.

I don't really have any complaints; some of the dialogue was still pretty bad but still better than in most other episodes. The humor worked for the most part (though seeing Red Skull getting tricked by kid Tony's booby traps was a little too silly), for some reason I liked Thor's "Who left Bilgy out of his room" line towards the end. All in all, a good episode.

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tedious placeholder episode. Lacking originality or inspiration.