1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Thanos Triumphant" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 1, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on this "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" episode

1. *****

37.5%
  2. ****1/2

12.5%
  3. ****

12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

12.5%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

25.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Check out Marvel's Avengers Assemble!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Thanos Triumphant"
    Episode Premiere Date - March 1st, 2015
    With the power and might of all five Infinity Stones finally in his gauntlet, Thanos plans to wield his power over the Universe while the Avengers make a desperate attempt to stop him.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I like that opening takeoff of EMH's opening narration done by Thanos.

Thor getting punched to the moon was awesome.

Did he just kill them onscreen?

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

First half with the infinity gems was typical man of action writing, lazy, gimmicky and cliched,

I liked the revelation with Tony not being in the suit even if Thanos was defeated way to easily.

But the revelation that the robot is actually Ultron. was the stupidest revelation ever especially after he just flies off instead of just killing them or something why would you just fly off!?

4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Well, not as good as last ep, but still decent. The mech designs are still pretty stupid looking and Thanos renders them useless almost immediately anyway. The action sequences were okay, but didn't pop quite like they did last week. Still, the episode portrayed omnipotence pretty well. Lots of shows, including this one last season, struggle with how to really get this idea across. I hope they can repeat this since they already set up another all-powerful villain for our heroes to face and now they risk overusing the trope. Hawkeye actually had a legitimately funny quip. Amazing.

Has Ultron appeared on the other shows? Everyone's acting like they've met before.

I hope the show has something big planned or this was just set up for the next half of the season. Might have been more effective if they had done a little more to forshadow this beforehand.

5. trance2009

I assume they fought Ultron before Falcon came onboard.

6. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

They're still playing around with the idea of this show is a sequel to EMH despite gigantic plot holes.

7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I guess some people will never be satisfied. =/

I thought this was a great episode. Yeah it handled omnipotence very well. It actually shocked me in some places.

8. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Marvel created a new animated universe so it was their job to build up the characters and Ultron coming out of nowhere was a very lazy plot twist, it makes some other episodes a waste of time.

They could have brought back Arsenal earlier and build up it's character then it becomes Ultron, it would have being more personal and powerful to not just Tony but the rest of the Avengers.

Don't give me laziness that they have met him before when there was no sign that they did.

And the way they defeated Thanos who bit them like little babies back in second episode was stupid as well they just all of a sudden got more powerful.

It should have being a three parter first episode the black widow run, second episode Thanos triumphant and third episode Infinity war or something I don't know, with more characters fighting Thanos and his minions it felt like a waste.

And I am guessing this is where Guardians of the Galaxy kicks off with them and Thanos as their prisoner.

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I'm guessing either A) this was them once again trying to assert this is a sequel to EMH (despite all the plot holes that raises) and that people should remember Ultron from there, or that B) they were hoping it'd air closer to the movie and that thus, the audience would already know who Ultron is.

Other than that major butt pull at the ending though I actually liked this one. I hope they can keep this momentum and do something interesting the next few episodes.

10. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

That ending was kinda awkward -

"Oh no, Ultron has the Infinity Gauntlet"
    Tony: Eh, we'll worry about it later.

11. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

And the Avengers are smiling it's not a funny situation and they are acting like it's no big deal

You build a infinity story arc and you give me this ending please are you kidding me?

12. BigEclipse

BigEclipse Member

This episode was such a waste. I can't even come close to enumerating its fallacies. I...just...Yeah.

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I get the hate for this one. Honestly, I thought this may have been one of the best episodes in the series. Epic battle, comedy at a minimum, visuals, the various heroes showing off their strengths, etc.

Yes, the battle with Thanos did involve some contrived plots (really? Only using one stone at a time is a bit dumb of Thanos), but I'd rather that than some deus ex machine. And Ultron fans should be pleased.

14. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice that it only took 3 swipes from the Time Stone to turn Cap and Falcon into dust, compared to the 2 swipes it took for the others? Would that mean they would outlive Tony, Hawkeye, and Black Widow?

(I left out Hulk because he's almost guaranteed to live a longer lifespan.)

15. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I think Cap's serum might extend his life a bit. Falcon's 18 and I think he's younger than the others.

16. trance2009

That actually makes sense

17. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

This Thanos is nothing but a Darksied wannabe and a thug in this show.

18. Tokustar

Tokustar Member

i really liked the Thanos battle and how the powers of The Infinite stones were shown,my favorite being the timestone part whit Thor becoming stronger by age ,but i feel it should have been a 2 parter.

i did not buy how Tony was able to upgrade arsenal whit the capacity to absorb the stone energies specialty the reality stone which alter reality.

19. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Thanos is a Darkseid wannabe. This is what his creator, Jim Starlin had to say:

The ending is them vowing to stop Ultron because they're a team and have taken down big threats before. In fact their explanation made sense. Ultron escaped but the more immediate concern was making sure Thanos was properly restrained and then imprisoned. The dude just got finished nearly annihilating the world.

20. webmonkey44

webmonkey44 Member

As someone said earlier it felt blantantly like a movie cashin and poorly timed one at that. and Thanos who normally really powerful without infinity stones being kicked around with ease i dont buy. exploiting his ego was plausible and interesting though.