1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Secret Avengers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, May 10, 2015.

?

Rate this story

1. *****

20.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

40.0%
  4. ***1/2

20.0%
  5. ***

20.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Check out Marvel's Avengers Assemble!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Secret Avengers"
    Episode Premiere Date - May 10th, 2015
    Captain America’s team discovers working for S.H.I.E.L.D. isn’t everything they hoped for when they’re expected to unquestionably follow orders in a dangerous situation involving the Crimson Dynamo and The Winter Guard.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Did they seriously air the episodes out of order?

3. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

Was Radioactive Man suppose to be the Chinese Radioactive Man (Chen Lu) or the Russian Radioactive Man (Igor Stanchek)?

4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

China is near the border of Russia. So it's possible that it's Chen Lu but with a Russian accent.

5. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

Costume was Lu's.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, this episode was better than the whole Ultron arc.

My main gripe was that the writers had the team mention that they missed "insert something" from the previous team two often, to the point where it became obnoxious. Otherwise, I liked the clash between the two groups, and how Cap didn't play boyscout to Nick Fury. But y'know, I didn't know that Radioactive Man was ever a good guy.

7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Radioactive Man was the Russian version, Igor Stancheck, even though he had the classic Chen Lu look for the character.

I recall the original Radioactive Man has played good guy before on the Thunderbolts, so there is that.

Disappointed this episode had to be shown out of order. Honestly, wasn't expecting Fury to break under pressure from Captain America like that, but whatever. I enjoyed the clash with Winter Guard and the two groups ultimately uniting for the greater good at the end. Still, Cap bossing Fury around at the end was pretty cool. A lot of fun lines from Cap this week.

8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

This was really good. I was surprised they used such an obscure character like the Russian Radioactive Man.

This show has a real problem where the best episodes tend to be the ones that deviate from the standard formula but then make it seem like a bad thing. Like they referenced the lack of fights over pizza and cookies and all I could think was "That is as a major plus in my book." The same thing happened with Planet Doom.

9. Bit Cloud

Bit Cloud Member

I agree things are better when they deviate from that juvenile crap. I liked how the "secret avengers" were more organized and tactical, instead of the usual bad guys show up, the avengers rush in start shooting and punching, it was all flash and no substance. Another thing I didn't like was how the team predictable mentioned how they missed things from the previous team, that combined with Fury acting like jerk when it came to saving civilians over the mission(something he doesn't do in Ultimate Spider-Man) made things incredibly forced so the "secret avengers" would want to quit SHIELD and go back to original avengers.

10. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I wish they used different actors for the Winter Guard.

11. Capt. Speedbump

So they aired this episode out of order? Well, at least I can’t complain they’re treating this series better than Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Anyway, I thought this episode was pretty good. I think the Winter Guard was handled pretty well, and good to see Crimson Dynamo and Radioactive Man. Usually when the show introduces new characters and gets out of its seeming rut of relying on the same characters over and over (especially characters from the movies), I have little in the way of criticism for it.

#11 Capt. Speedbump, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

This was pretty good in my opinion. Watching Cap's team operate, I really didn't miss the other team members. The humor was still meh but it didn't matter because it was such a slight part of the episode. It's a shame it didn't air in order though.

13. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Yeah, this was a great episode, one of the best in a while. A cool fight scene, interesting new characters, solid use of recurring characters, and they even worked in some classic SHIELD-Superhero antagonism. If only they'd run the episode in order, the ending would've packed more punch. Now we already know how that mission turns out, so it doesn't have the appropriate impact. The contrast between the two splinter groups is also weakened by having this and "Small Time Heroes" air so far apart. I haven't looked ahead at the synopses in a while, but I hope that the teams stay separated. I'd love to see how the show would handle two different, allied teams.

14. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

IMO, it was better then the whole 2nd season combined. This was a very good episode. The story,the humor,animation,background art,and action were all good. My only problem was with Widow taking down Ursa Major with her bare hands. IMO, that scene was stupid as hell.

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great episode, one of the best so far. Liked the more serious take on this small group of Avengers and this version of the Winter Guard. Neat line-up too, with some characters I wasn't expecting to see. There were a few pretty bad lines and the constant reminders about how the team missed the wacky behaviors of the other heroes but other than that I don't really have any complaints. Wonder why this aired out of order. It would have made the Ultron arc a little more exciting, even if it didn't feature the villain at all.